Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Comcast, I just dumped them for AT&T (internet only). Far cheaper and twice as fast. That phone call will be fun next week.

we have 5 meg Clink DSL or '100' meg Comcast here in Tri. Lucky to ping 30 mbps.

Heard good things about Uverse, or ATT fiber.

Last edited:
Although I think UF will beat us as usual, I think there is a decent chance we pull off a "stunning" upset.

Beat UTC on Saturday and regain some confidence. Then head into the Swamp in a game where the Gators will probably overlook us more than they ever have. I mean, we'll be 1-2 with a loss to GA State, while they'll be in the top 10 and eyeing a trip to Atlanta.

Biggest thing is that Pruitt will hopefully be able to fire up the team and say that the season starts in Gainesville and that a win down there erases all of the bad juju from the first two weeks. Everyone will (mostly) forget those horrible games if we can whip the Gators in their house.

Yep. Toney and Henderson being out for Florida are big losses.

Reactions: Aesius
Anyone else see John Adams' article in the KNS today? What a freaking dipstick.
So you're saying that reversing policy yesterday and permitting the freshmen to meet with reporters paid huge dividends in increased good will with the so-called sports editor? (The freshmen did a great job.) Hint: never click.

SIAD but here what I don't understand. So when we recruited Mauer both he and Sam Howell were considered. We obviously went with Mauer and I'm not debating if we picked right or not. My question is how can Howell be starting and beating better teams than we have played thus far and Mauer still not be ready to see the field as McElroy put it? I dont put a ton of stock into what McElroy says but that couple with CJP saying we dont have a backup at this point worries me and makes no sense.
The narrative when we took Maurer was that he was less college ready but had a higher ceiling than Howell. Hard to say whether that’s true or whether we just missed out on Howell

What kink of sh@tty human being would just turn a blind eye and not help in this situation? I'm glad Calloway is a good guy, but it's a shame that anyone should have to give props for something like that. It should be expected and the norm.
Like FB friends talking about hanging with their kids and being around for them...like no shiz that is what a decent adult does.

Reactions: VolDaddy87
The narrative when we took Maurer was that he was less college ready but had a higher ceiling than Howell. Hard to say whether that’s true or whether we just missed out on Howell

Let’s not kid ourselves we missed on Howell. He was also much further along with QB development than Maurer.

Howell comes from a big football family and he came in and quickly seized the opportunity to start. That UNC system is also more of a pure spread and a lot less simplistic to learn over what Chaney runs. Therefore you can really dumb it down.

Reactions: The Dog
So the QB failing to put points on the board is the defenses fault?

Read much? Or maybe you don't understand what "shared guilt" means. To clarify for you, shared guilt means more than one is guilty. In this case, JG and …. Unless someone has info I don't have, JG wasn't wearing #2 or #18 on defense late in the game when the play was botched, not to mention the defense in general in OT. If you do understand what it means then clearly I'm wasting my time trying to discuss it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back