Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, especially if it passes. Players will be lining up to play in California. The rest of the country will be trying to figure out how to compete. It would force a change.
I don’t agree. The players from the state will fill their roster but their economic situation is ****! They can’t afford to only do business in their own state. Think the Longhorn Network. Then make it less feasible.

Although I think UF will beat us as usual, I think there is a decent chance we pull off a "stunning" upset.

Beat UTC on Saturday and regain some confidence. Then head into the Swamp in a game where the Gators will probably overlook us more than they ever have. I mean, we'll be 1-2 with a loss to GA State, while they'll be in the top 10 and eyeing a trip to Atlanta.

Biggest thing is that Pruitt will hopefully be able to fire up the team and say that the season starts in Gainesville and that a win down there erases all of the bad juju from the first two weeks. Everyone will (mostly) forget those horrible games if we can whip the Gators in their house.
It’s a great opportunity for Pruitt to largely get a do over on this season. Such an upset would help pump recruiting back up, and mostly silence the critics (givenTN has won so few times against the gators- especially in Gainesville)

Almost make the first two losses worth it if they some how pull it off!

It’s a great opportunity for Pruitt to largely get a do over on this season. Such an upset would help pump recruiting back up, and mostly silence the critics (givenTN has won so few times against the gators- especially in Gainesville)

Almost make the first two losses worth it if they some how pull it off!

Yea, definitely not forgiving going 0-2 to start and still wouldn't be happy about it, but given these 2 scenarios, I would choose #2 all day every day

2-1 with a loss to fla (0-1 in SEC)
1-2 with a win @ fla (1-0 in SEC)

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Yea, definitely not forgiving going 0-2 to start and still wouldn't be happy about it, but given these 2 scenarios, I would choose #2 all day every day

2-1 with a loss to fla (0-1 in SEC)
1-2 with a win @ fla (1-0 in SEC)
Agree. It’s crazy but I would really prefer the second scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: ionaVOL
I don’t agree. The players from the state will fill their roster but their economic situation is ****! They can’t afford to only do business in their own state. Think the Longhorn Network. Then make it less feasible.
Yes, I was already corrected one. Just rubbing it in now.

I wouldn’t read it out of context. He is able to practice doubt he is able to play until his legal matters are taken care of on the 23rd.

Edit: Could be wrong though.
It’s the most Tennessee thing ever that his court date is the Monday after Florida. You can be certain Bama, FL, UGA would’ve got that court date early next week.

Did you guys catch Jerry Meyer with Basilio today? Shooooweee. I’m paraphrasing here: Meyer, who in years past has been brutally honest about our basketball recruiting, explained how different things are now for the Vols. In the past Tony B would ask about top recruits and Meyer would say, “Not much chance of landing him.” Over and over.

Meyer said Barnes has helped Tennessee carve out a niche and we have an identity. Our reputation is now a school where top recruits can go if they want to work hard and develop. No surprise right? When you recruit guys who don’t look like good college players and then you get them drafted it changes things.

Now Tony is asking about our chances with specific elite recruits and Meyer responds, “It’s boring to keep answering the same way about each recruit. Tennessee has as good a chance as any school in being in the top 5 for any player.” He went on to describe that most elite players will have 1 or 2 local schools in the top, as well as 1 or 2 blue bloods, then the other spot is for teams like the Vols. Said if we really want to get in with any recruit we now can.

The discussion moved on to Pruitt and callers were saying that we need to give Pruitt the time to do the same exact model. We have to keep developing good players and start getting guys drafted again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back