Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bring @UTSuave’ into this discussion. But the difference is that I think suave' would say is that Peterman was/is a better talent than our QBs and more capable to take the reigns in the swamp.

I don’t recall Nathan making it to the Elite 11 camps👀🤷🏽‍♂️ Brian can throw 65 yards on a rope if we are talking Arm talent alone..I’m taking Maurer.experience is everything which is why I say put him in the Chatt game so he can get some kind of feel.whos to say JG wont get hurt during the Florida game👀🤷🏽‍♂️ Just something to think about.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I’m with it. I don’t think firing Pruitt is the answer right now.

But what I think is funny is you (and @Atlanta VOL to an extent) were adamant that this was a 7 or 8 win team this season and that if it weren’t that there were going to be a ton of very unhappy people in the administration. To me, someone who reads what you guys say with the notion you are connected to the program in some capacity, that sounds an awful lot like heads might roll. So to act like it’s crazy to think the worst season in Tennessee history - which we’re on pace for - might, MIGHT, result in a termination, is wild to me.

No one is advocating for Pruitt to be fired. No one. But to act like it isn’t even in the realm of possibility is irresponsible.

You think anyone is happy at 0-2. On the other hand, ten more games.

Take a look at the poll. It's like 1000 to 50 to sit JG and let one of the young guys start. If JG gives us the best chance to win then I say fire Pruitt now because he's an idiot. Look at the last 4 games he's played, all loses to Mizzou, Vandy, GA ST., and BYU.
You talking bout a poll in the FF which is full of the most irrational, pessimistic UT football fanatics? Okay, Willis.

That said, I want JG to improve enough so that Maurer can see the field Saturday because I think he’s got the swagger that we’ve lacked. Maybe not though.

Agree with all this with one slight exception. A year ago, if someone had predicted that I would predict that Cooper Mays arrives early, grabs the starting spot at center and never gives it up until he leaves, I would have argued with them...now I won’t.

I think there's some great competition on the OL going into next season. Here's who should be here going into Spring ball (not including incoming Freshmen)

Wanya - So
Wright - So
Carvin - Jr
Lampley - RS-Fr
Chris A - RS-Fr
Calbert - RS-Jr
Ryan Johnson - RS-Sr
Tatum - RS-Sr
Jahmir - RS-Sr
Locklear - Sr

Reactions: SoilVol and Vols410
LOL, if our defense can't hold the worst team in the country to a field goal at least one of those times, then JG is clearly not our only problem.

Why does the QB get so much blame and credit in football? It's the ultimate team sport, but somehow we put all the responsibility on one player more than all the other sports that are actually more dependent on one individual.

Guess GSU is better than Brigham Young then. Heck, they probably could beat Wisconsin

JG is not the reason we lost to Georgia State nor is he the reason we lost to BYU. He has not been good - I’m not going to argue with you that he has - but the Tennessee Volunteers should be able to run the ball right up the middle 75 times and beat Georgia State. He was bad in the BYU game - but we still win if the defense doesn’t let a pass go over their heads or stops BYU’s offense in either overtime period.

People are blaming the QB because it’s easier than blaming the coaching staff. Period.

I’m with giving another QB a shot. But Tennessee should have won both of those games regardless.

I blame both in the first game. QB screwed up repeatedly or last pass wouldn’t matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back