Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, unlike last week this loss
falls squarely on the O. That last BYU bomb and field goal should have fallen under the category "a meaningless late score."

Reactions: Bret178 and Rishvol
Last night is the first time ever I didn’t tune into any postgame call in shows or anything. I usually listen to all Basilio postgame and then podcast the boys at Fox Sports Knoxville the next morning. I can’t even explain my mood last night. I wasn’t mad it was just weird. I guess you call it depleted. I just turned the tv off and went straight to bed. Did anything juicy come out last night other than Urban throwing his pitch out there ?

I felt the same. Had Basilio on for about an hour while I wound down and watched the LSU-Texas finish, but my heart wasn’t in it. We’ve just been through it so many times already there’s nothing left to say.

I felt the same. Had Basilio on for about an hour while I wound down and watched the LSU-Texas finish, but my heart wasn’t in it. We’ve just been through it so many times already there’s nothing left to say.

Well it's either "all is lost" or "the rebuild starts now."

In a coaching change, you always want the new guys to come in over the older guys but in order for that to happen, the old guys need to suck.

It tough because it's like watching your mother in law drive the mercedes off of a cliff, ya got mixed feelings, ya know?

I think we shouldn't be asking the question of will they open up the QB competition this week. They way I think about it is; which backup QB is gonna come into this week and take that starting job from JG? Because shrout and Maurer have to know that if they step up and take the bull by the horns then they can have an opportunity to lead the this team going forward. We were 2-6 before then Tyler Bray finally got his shot under Dooley and after that bray went on a run to close out that season and get us to a bowl game. The same thing can happen this year, although I hope we don’t have to get to 2-6 before we see the switch happen

JG gunna make it a close game to keep the Freshman off the field.....

Honestly im not worried about recruiting at all. Recruits can easily see we have a talented young team that is a qb away from a great team. Bailey is all that matters.
This is my thinking as well. There’s no way anyone could watch that game last night and blame coaching apart from just being emotional about the loss. The young players on this team are talented and play with effort and intensity

Effort was there last night. It’s going to get worse. CJP biggest challenge the rest of the year is not winning games. It’s not loosing the team. If he keeps his team and they continue to play with good effort the young guys will get better and we may salvage something out of the back half of the schedule.
This is my hope.

If Pruitt is able to pull a top 10 class after this sh!t show of a season, he definitely deserves another year and @AtlantaVol deserves a plaque in the Tennessee sports hall of fame and his tail number retired.
He needs a bag man.
We need one of those big banker types that Auburn and Bama has to “bankroll” our
Recruiting budget. Have them go on the road with Niedemeyer and “make it rain” in every four and five year recruits home.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If Pruitt is able to pull a top 10 class after this sh!t show of a season, he definitely deserves another year and @AtlantaVol deserves a plaque in the Tennessee sports hall of fame and his tail number retired.

That isn't going to happen.

Not being a hater or negavol, but we're not landing the requisite number of 5 stars or borderline 5 stars to get in the top 10. Probably 15-22ish.

Staff is going to have to rely on coaching and developing kids and winning that way.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
That isn't going to happen.

Not being a hater or negavol, but we're not landing the requisite number of 5 stars or borderline 5 stars to get in the top 10. Probably 15-22ish.

Staff is going to have to rely on coaching and developing kids and winning that way.
Oh, i agree. That was in response to the folks thinking we're going to land a top 10 class. We ain't.

Reactions: chavisut
any time i hear of one of our players, i instantaneously think about how much roster talent we have.....& then i think about why we lose? it has to be coaching...

the man i saw on the sideline last night was swimming. he looked defeated. maybe i'm over analyzing or just wishing.

There is talent on the this squad. But where it’s lacking is OL & QB.
But there are lesser teams who get more out of the talent then we do AND that is COACHING. whether it’s teaching, information, alignment, tendencies or play calling. There is a huge disconnect in our football program

Oh, i agree. That was in response to the folks thinking we're going to land a top 10 class. We ain't.
21st in 2018, 13th last year, sitting at 22nd right now and people expect it to get better after an 8 or 9 loss season?

I remember when Pruitt was hired and we were all convinced we'd be recruiting in the top 5 with Bama and Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back