Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously he knows Pruitt well. He’s talking about his ability to coach, to adapt, talking about the difficulty of the job and the need to be patient, he believes Pruitt will have us competing for a national championship in the next 3 years.

He said he thinks pruitt overlooked this game but that he will learn from it. He expects to see a different team sat. I would encourage y’all to go listen.

Of course he believes that and is willing to say that. That’s what friends do for each other

Reactions: Johncarter53
Obviously he knows Pruitt well. He’s talking about his ability to coach, to adapt, talking about the difficulty of the job and the need to be patient, he believes Pruitt will have us competing for a national championship in the next 3 years.

He said he thinks pruitt overlooked this game but that he will learn from it. He expects to see a different team sat. I would encourage y’all to go listen.

I just can't imagine seeing a big enough difference from last week to feel comfortable predicting a win here. And if we do, IMO, that's a HORRIBLE look on CJP. We aren't a good enough team to overlook ANYONE on our schedule, how can you possibly not be ready for the very first opponent of the season I don't care who they are. Makes even less sense to me when you consider that we don't open SEC play till week 4. Plenty of time to do Florida prep etc

I just can't imagine seeing a big enough difference from last week to feel comfortable predicting a win here. And if we do, IMO, that's a HORRIBLE look on CJP. We aren't a good enough team to overlook ANYONE on our schedule, how can you possibly not be ready for the very first opponent of the season I don't care who they are. Makes even less sense to me when you consider that we don't open SEC play till week 4. Plenty of time to do Florida prep etc

Wait a minute. One minute, I read that we aren't good enough to overlook anyone, and then the next I see people say that we played Georgia Freaking State, and we should be able to line up and beat them with a vanilla game plan. Mixed signals from everyone. I know everyone is upset.

At this point, just go play like you know you can and win games. I will be very happy with 7-5 even losing to GSU. We aren't changing what happened last Saturday.

I listened and it sounds good. However, at this point I’m going to have to see it before believing. The thing that is most alarming is a total lack of effort and energy on our side. That’s not indicative of a good team. How do u not get pumped for the first game of the year at home? I’m wondering if this is more a culture issue than anything else

Yea, but Kirby Smart, Dabo Swinney, Lincoln Riley, and Ryan Day weren't head coaches or even coordinators for very long. Swinney was never a coordinator, and Riley and Day were OC's for just a very short time. It's kind of a crap shoot- you either have it or you don't.

The jury is still out on Ryan Day, since he's only coached a single game so far.

Kirby took over a 10-3 Mark Richt squad that had finished with 5 straight wins (and 2 of their losses were two top 15 teams in 15 Alabama & 11 Florida, with the 3rd being that crazy comeback we had against them)
Lincoln Riley took over a 11-2 Bob Stoops squad that had finished their season with 5 straight top 25 victories and hadn't lost since September 17th to OSU...he had also been the OC 2 years there
Dabo Swinney didn't inherit a great squad, but Tommy Bowden was 72-45 at Clemson with his worse season being 6-6 in his first year, he had more 8+ win seasons and never had a losing one in his tenure.

It's a bit easier to take over talent and keep the ball rolling if you will, or take over a team full of players you're familiar with (like Lincoln & Dabo did) than it is to inherit the pile that Pruitt took on.

Bruin, he made a terrible decision. He had a better chance at completing it to JJ than the play he did make. I didn't play football and don't pretend that I did. I can see his poor awareness and poor reads.

It appears to me if JJ was the first read then he could have driven the ball firmly to him but as I have said we don’t know what the read was. I did play Qb in Hs so I know how easy the arm chair QBing appears to be. It appears to me it’s clear the right side of the field was the first read and it’s very hard to come back to the opposite side of the Field and throw into traffic

I still can’t get the idea out of my head that JP didnt see this coming. I keep hearing the Inky speech in my mind. It’s clear to me he saw this coming and was unable to do anything about it. Can he change the culture now? With the help of JJ? Time will tell.....

This is a BIG game coming up for A LOT of reasons.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
He made a mistake. Happens. He’ll learn from it. I’d rather that be the case and us still win games

Just pick another play if you want to sound like you know what your are talking about. That picture you posted shows a defender in clear range to jump a throw to JJ with nothing but 6 pts ahead of the defender.

Uhh...did you see the defender with an even easier path to a pick 6 that he DID throw to?

Wait a minute. One minute, I read that we aren't good enough to overlook anyone, and then the next I see people say that we played Georgia Freaking State, and we should be able to line up and beat them with a vanilla game plan. Mixed signals from everyone. I know everyone is upset.

At this point, just go play like you know you can and win games. I will be very happy with 7-5 even losing to GSU. We aren't changing what happened last Saturday.

It's pretty clear we out talent them and yes, we should still win on our worst day. Obviously that didn't happen and that's what worries me most. I think this game exposed our biggest weakness and will be a predictor of what's to come all season. Our trenches are just nowhere near ready to compete at the level it will take to win unless we dominate the turnover battle and have an explosive offensive day (Which we are capable of IMO in a one off game)

I don't see anyway we get to anything more than 5 wins and today I honestly feel like 3/4 is the most likely outcome. Sucks.

I wish he was on staff minus his baggage.dude is a legend and super good motivator✊🏽 Is there a link or anything 👀🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Just pick another play if you want to sound like you know what your are talking about. That picture you posted shows a defender in clear range to jump a throw to JJ with nothing but 6 pts ahead of the defender.

Lol..ok Bruin. vs a player in a double coverage it’s obvious you know more when it comes to “odds” as far as him making a mental error those do happen in sports he was basically one man covering two guys. Jauan being farther away.im telling you that defender wouldn’t have moved because he thought he had help behind him and he didint.

Uhh...did you see the defender with an even easier path to a pick 6 that he DID throw to?

Zero doubt it was a bad play for him but to point to JJ as being wide open is dumb. He isn’t open unless he was the first read and we don’t know that. That’s clear

Reactions: appyvol
Lol..ok Bruin vs a player in a double coverage it’s obvious you know more than me when it comes to “odds” as far as him making a mental error those do happen in sports he was basically one man covering two guys. Jauan being farther away.im telling you that defender wouldn’t have moved because he thought he had help behind him and he didint.

Who was the first read?

I said something a couple days ago about this. I thought when I was watching, that I didn’t notice him that much in 2nd half. I wasn’t thinking about it then, because my mind was so shell-shocked. Does anyone know why?
Siap but I know he didnt play to the whistle (nor did a handful of guys) 1 play and the guy broke tackles for more yards because we failed to gang tackle to the whistle. Wonder if Pruitt told him to sit his butt if he's going to jog during a live play.

Not egregious, but a learning moment. How you balance in-game punishment with playing your best is an art...unless you have a strict policy "I see you jog, you sit all game", stick to it and enforce it, and force effort.

Link?
NM just saw the message above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back