Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't even answer the question on buyouts in my opinion.

Knoxville media is the absolute worst. Every last one of them.

I would like to see the amount of entitled, worthless media vultures surrounding the Vols cut down substantially. Hyams, Adams, the list goes on.

Go get a real job, m-f'ers.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
agree. but he did just change three guys on the staff after year one. he may be too loyal to a select few guys on the staff, but none of them, to date anyway, have done anything to warrant being fired....hopefully it stays that way....

i'm still in on seeing what it looks like by the end of year 4. but hard to ignore last saturday's giant gaffe....margin for error is thinner today than it was last wednesday.
I feel like the additions were upgrades with the exception of maybe one, need to see more before I make up my mind on him. We need better OL and DL coaching and recruiting IMO.

If you're looking for something to do nearby, go check out 5Church. They have a rooftop bar and it's a really cool environment. If you all are around for the weekend, it's one of ATL's best brunch locations.

Thanks! Going to Chattanooga tomorrow.

There's a feeling around UT right now that UT is better when Tennessee people are in charge. That's why Fulmer was named AD, why Charlie Anderson chairs the athletics committee, why Randy Boyd is serving as interim president without taking a salary and why the hope was that Brian Noland would be chancellor. It's why Kara Lawson was appointed to the board, why Kellie Harper was hired to restore WBB, why Tee was brought in as assistant head coach and why Peyton remains very involved. These people care deeply about UT and the tradition of UT athletics. UT is better when UT is winning-- and these people are winners.

Much of the havoc of the past decade was too many people trying to push different personal agendas. So UT has been circling the wagons. It's why Charlie was at practice, why former players are helping current players and why our former HC is looking for solutions alongside the current one. What UT is not going to do right now is discard people without trying to help them... or go outside the program to do it. People who care are going to help this staff and this team be better.

I won't be posting much anymore, but I just wanted to reiterate that for anyone who's interested or cares. Go Vols!
None of this matters if you don't win. If everybody's all in, that's great. No excuses, just win and everybody will be happy.

Well I guess I’ll just ask what we’ve all be wondering...

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

tenor.gif

There's a feeling around UT right now that UT is better when Tennessee people are in charge. That's why Fulmer was named AD, why Charlie Anderson chairs the athletics committee, why Randy Boyd is serving as interim president without taking a salary and why the hope was that Brian Noland would be chancellor. It's why Kara Lawson was appointed to the board, why Kellie Harper was hired to restore WBB, why Tee was brought in as assistant head coach and why Peyton remains very involved. These people care deeply about UT and the tradition of UT athletics. UT is better when UT is winning-- and these people are winners.

Much of the havoc of the past decade was too many people trying to push different personal agendas. So UT has been circling the wagons. It's why Charlie was at practice, why former players are helping current players and why our former HC is looking for solutions alongside the current one. What UT is not going to do right now is discard people without trying to help them... or go outside the program to do it. People who care are going to help this staff and this team be better.

I won't be posting much anymore, but I just wanted to reiterate that for anyone who's interested or cares. Go Vols!
Why are you not going to post much anymore? I enjoy your insight. Hope you change your mind.

Last edited:
Got to thinking...can we come back from 15 yr slide? Are there any major programs that suffered similar droughts. Heres what I have:
Tx A&M (2002 - 2010): Posted two 4-8 seasons and one 5-6 campaign. Missed bowl games in 4 seasons.

USC (1996 - 2000): only one bowl appearance. One 5-7 season. Three 6 win seasons.

LSU (1989 - 1995): One 2-9 season, Two 4-7 years. Three 5-6 seasons. One bowl apperance.

Clemson (1993 - 1998): one 3-8 year. One 5-6 year. Two 7-5 seasons.

Or we may just end up turning into Minnesota or Colorado.

1567612107159.gif

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Georgia State qb on his ability to sell the fake. Nothing to do with our loss to them, just always admired that. Can't stand the QB that bothers doing the fake handoff but doesn't sell it.

That guy had my eyes, our team, and all the TV cameras following the running back almost every keeper. Everyone should do it that way.
Coaching

Any thoughts on what the crowd will be like Saturday? Before last weekend, I thought the atmosphere would be electric with a solid OOC opponent coming in. Don’t know what to expect now.
The fans want to believe. Just give them a reason and they will show their support as always. If the team is apathetic, they should not expect more from the fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back