Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously he knows Pruitt well. He’s talking about his ability to coach, to adapt, talking about the difficulty of the job and the need to be patient, he believes Pruitt will have us competing for a national championship in the next 3 years.

He said he thinks pruitt overlooked this game but that he will learn from it. He expects to see a different team sat. I would encourage y’all to go listen.

Boooom!

Was just hanging out in an FBO on the west coast getting ready to leave and man there must have been 10-15 BYU folks getting ready to head to Knox. Spoke to them for a little bit and I got the sense BYU fans are coming in droves this weekend.
How’s the morale?

Yea, but Kirby Smart, Dabo Swinney, Lincoln Riley, and Ryan Day weren't head coaches or even coordinators for very long. Swinney was never a coordinator, and Riley and Day were OC's for just a very short time. It's kind of a crap shoot- you either have it or you don't.

Dabo was the one in a million, definitely not the usual path to elite HC.

Kirby took over a 10 win program and was a coordinator for a long, long time under the greatest HC of all time. That's a pretty good recipe for success without HC experience, and I'd feel better about Pruitt if he'd tutored under Saban that long.

Riley took over a ten+ win program he was already in and hasn't taken OU beyond where it was when he got there.

Day took over a 10 win program he was already in and may not turn out at all.

Has a first time HC ever turned a bad program around? In the SEC? Maybe, but I'm guessing statistics say we shouldn't have high hopes Pruitt will be able to.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Zero doubt it was a bad play for him but to point to JJ as being wide open is dumb. He isn’t open unless he was the first read and we don’t know that. That’s clear

Also if you look real close @BruinVol the defender you’re referring too has no clue Jauan is even there which is why you see the back safety breaking towards Jauan👀👀🤷🏽‍♂️💁🏽‍♂️ If anything.we made their players look a lot better than what they actually were.too many missed opportunities.

1567711449455.gif
1567711359011.gif

Was just hanging out in an FBO on the west coast getting ready to leave and man there must have been 10-15 BYU folks getting ready to head to Knox. Spoke to them for a little bit and I got the sense BYU fans are coming in droves this weekend.
Got a few mos at my gym in byu stuff want me to punch one right in the nuts?

Basilio already making plans to raise the money to fly the kid up to a game. Fans are offering money and tickets. That’s what it’s all about.
I don't always agree with Basilio, but he clearly cares about people and knows how to organize things like this and help people. He is good people.

Is FBO big wig slang for an Applebees? 👀

Also if you look real close @BruinVol the defender you’re referring too has no clue Jauan is even there which is why you see the back safety breaking towards Jauan👀👀🤷🏽‍♂️💁🏽‍♂️ If anything.we made their players look a lot better than what they actually were.too many missed opportunities.

View attachment 222940
View attachment 222939

You’d have to assume that defender has worse tunnel vision that JG to assume he doesn’t know JJ is there.

The fact is when JG reverses sides the defender is going to read his eyes and jump the throw. You just can’t throw late short over the middle. QBs are taught that.

The correct play would have been to just throw the ball away I think under the circumstances. We didn’t have time to scramble and potentially take a sack as the half was almost over. JG forced it and that was awful

More proof that JG is costing us points and games..look at Jauan.👀👀🐸☕
If JG turns all the way toward the other side of the field and adjusts his read...sack and no points. Given pressure was already in his face, he probably should have just thrown it away. Inexplicable throw. Sucks but that's what happens with busted blocks. They only bring 4 and #64 gets blown by.

Reactions: UTSuave’
If they're no louder than they were at home last week. It'll be like they aint even there.

A BYU alum out of Nashville rounded up about 5000 tix for the game. That’s in addition to the 2000 UT sold directly to them.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back