Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my take on that, you’re free to disagree:

Freeze is using Tennessee and it’s large fanbase to keep his name in circulation. Doesn’t mean he also wouldn’t really want the job if it became available - just that he knows he’s probably not going to get it.

He’s trying to get more money in the meantime from Liberty (mission accomplished) and to be able to say “nah, I’m not mad South Carolina didn’t call, I want Tennessee.”

I would like to see the direct quote from the 247 Mod again.

My prediction is he’ll do this for every job that comes up, because he’s getting calls from none of them, but obviously we’ll see.

This is Gruden and Gundy all over again.

I agree with part of this. He is definitely using Tennessee to get a bigger offer. I also happen to think that he hopes it is Tennessee in the end.

Reactions: UTSuave’
It may not tank recruiting, might actually help. It keeps the crap show off display and gives the coaches more time to try and save the class and add to it. I want him gone as bad as anyone but all the talk of him being fired is probably hurting the class as much as the play on the field.
The problem is that the recruits have already seen the crap show on display the last 5 weeks. Only way they could save this class is to pull the shocker against Florida and then the season gets cancelled.

I don’t understand the Campbell love. His record at Iowa State hasn’t been great. I do like Fickell though.

He's putting together 8 win seasons at Iowa State of all places lol. He's consistently beating ranked teams including multiple wins over Oklahoma. He doesn't get blown out as most of his losses are in single digits. That's incredible. He's 6-2 this year

the cupboard, today, is definitley better. but....speaking only about the roster for this seaosn, the ESP is hpapeing while, right now anyway, there's gonna be games played.....so how many kids in our class today actually sign in December?

and on the heels of that, if this one time transfer rule comes in to play.....we could find our roster decimated, potentially, if some of the higher quality guys decide to throw their hats in the portal.

to say there's a lot on the TBD list would be an understatement.
But that transfers rule works both ways.

I don’t understand the Campbell love. His record at Iowa State hasn’t been great. I do like Fickell though.
Iowa State is a garbage program and he wins. When he loses, they are close losses with teams three times as talented. Campbell is one of the best coaches in America. I would put him above Freeze.

I ain’t got time for fake insiders or just negas who are embracing the pain.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back