Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to hear Tim Priest comments yesterday, He's not to big on HB, so far. Easy checkdowns, no zip on the ball. But he wouldn't state whether he thought HB should start.
People need to understand that any criticism of Bailey is not in comparison to JG. Bailey clearly has better tools.

I think Priest is trying to put the brakes on the idea that Bailey is ready to take this offense to a different level.

He's a good coach. I'm sure he won't run the option surely? Maybe he will. When Paul Johnson got hired at Tech, ATL media convinced themselves he wouldn't run the option because he ran a spread at Hawaii as OC.
He has run it everywhere he has been. I bet he would bring it over. He is a very good coach though. But they would hate his offense. Not so sure how he will do in the SEC though.

People need to understand that any criticism of Bailey is not in comparison to JG. Bailey clearly has better tools.

I think Priest is trying to put the brakes on the idea that Bailey is ready to take this offense to a different level.
1. i think most of us are aware of hte fact that a true freshman coming in doens't necessarily mean things changes, results wise.
2. the only level we really need right now is an offense that doens't contribute to the score of the opponent....if he can manage that one simple thing, then he's already ahead of the curve.

Damn Burrow tore his ACL and MCL
tenor.gif

I don't know...Pruitt is an idiot really. "We've not see what he can do in practice" is the biggest dipshit excuse of all time ESPECIALLY this year when COVID all but eliminated fall camp. And if you've not seen anything in practice during the season it's because you've giving the 5th year ****ING senior all the reps.

Outside of Freeze the rest of this list is a giant erectile dysfunction. Just shut down the program if they aren’t gonna get a top tier guy. And no, I don’t consider any of these others as “top tier” outside of HF.
This is the type of ignorance that is always so humorous during a " coaching search" at UT.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I don't know...Pruitt is an idiot really. "We've not see what he can do in practice" is the biggest dipshit excuse of all time ESPECIALLY this year when COVID all but eliminated fall camp. And if you've not seen anything in practice during the season it's because you've giving the 5th year ****ING senior all the reps.

A lot of coaches do subscribe to that. Including Bill Parcells. He used to preach that when he coached the cowboys back in the day. Annoyed me then too. But yeah.... it’s not that uncommon.

Calm down Jonathan.

A lot of coaches do subscribe to that. Including Bill Parcells. He used to preach that when he coached the cowboys back in the day. Annoyed me then too. But yeah.... it’s not that uncommon.

In the NFL, 100% makes sense. In college when you've got an entire season of free eligibility, and you bring in the first 5 star QB in who knows how long it seems stupid.

I guess it's just annoying cause the same staff praises JG for knowing the offense...but then they also have intentionally given no other QBs the opportunity to really learn it through repetitions.

Calm down Jonathan.
tenor.png

Another year ain’t gonna work. The toothpaste is out of the tube here.

Even if you believe Pruitt is a good coach and deserves another year, rats flee a sinking ship.

I think good QB play and a full off season for young athletes to develop can change a lot. We have had flashes of playing well but JG kills everything.

There are more problems but a good QB changes the whole team. If recruiting tanks or we have mass transfers we are fvcked.

@Atlanta VOL If we lose to Vandy this weekend, what is your prediction on how Fulmer will handle the situation? Will Boyd be in Fulmer's corner if he desires to make a change? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back