Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

But he did throw a pick 6, because he stared a hole through the WR the entire time!! Hey Jeremy, that pick 6 alone cost us from having the ball with a chance to win on the last drive. On top of that, look at all of the momentum it took away from us. We were driving with the chance to take the lead late in the 3rd quarter.

Will you kindly take a negotiated buyout for all of this coaching malpractice and run back to Saban to be his DC puppet? TIA

He wants out. He is not a head coach and probably won't ever be one again. He knows JG is not and hasn't been the answer.
He is begging Fulmer to pull the trigger imo. Fulmer should be pissed that the head of the football program won't address concern about the direction of the program after the sixth straight double digit loss. Fourteen points in six second halves. Playing a QB that has almost as many pick sixes as touchdowns and has several fumbles to boot. I think he is using JG to get fired. The kid doesn't have it. Criminal to make him the scapegoat. Yes Pruitt that is on you.

Pruitt is going to start JG despite the fact that it was clear to anyone with eyes that Bailey should've started. JG is on his best day competent and good for a few throws that very few QBs can make. Bailey, otoh, is something more than that. The offense moved quickly and confidently with him. He needs to start.

Awoke hoping to see a VN alert that a change was made. Should have known better. I doubt he wants to be fired and I’m sure he wants to win but he wants to win his way and he clearly doesn’t care what anyone thinks about it. Stubborn fool. At least this fool has the cupboard fairly well stocked for the next coach.

Awoke hoping to see a VN alert that a change was made. Should have known better. I doubt he wants to be fired and I’m sure he wants to win but he wants to win his way and he clearly doesn’t care what anyone thinks about it. Stubborn fool. At least this fool has the cupboard fairly well stocked for the next coach.

I would lay money down that if we'd started Bailey or even inserted him earlier. We'd have won that game or at least come very close to it. As it is... JG is about to get 2 HCs fired. I don't understand it at all, especially comparing how Bailey played to how JG played and despite Rucker's tweet Harrison didn't drive the field during mop up that first drive.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Staying with JG at this point is coaching malpractice. At best he will be 3-7. That is fireable offense here at UT. I refuse to settle for mediocrity at UT.

It should be. Although our athletic department is filled with incompetent morons who have accepted and fostered more than a decade of being terrible

I really want JP gone before he realizes he can win some games playing the right quarterback.

I'm kinda torn there. I want Pruitt gone but I also want Bailey to start. I have zero confidence in Pruitt as a HC at this point. He has too much that he still hasn't gotten in terms of running a program and game management. He's never done it before and it shows. It was understandable in year one and even a little bit in year two but it's unforgivable in year 3.

I think Fulmer should demote Pruitt to DC, so that we get some kind of return for our money, and tell him if he doesn’t give his best effort, then he gets fired with cause. And if he doesn’t like that, then he can leave on his own without the buyout. Fire Ansley.

Then call Hugh and tell him we have a HC vacancy and his DC, so just bring his offense and coaches for that.

He has plenty of excuses this season. JG, COVID, etc. and maybe he just wants to cash that buyout ticket and run back to Bama. By all reports the team played hard last night. And he's a good recruiter. Personnel wise, the team is better than when he took over. But he's messed up QB position horribly. Passed on Penix and Minshew and he should have gotten a different Grad transfer, aimed too high going after JT Daniels. He should have went after Felipe Franks. We can't know his true level of competence because of JG. I feel he should get a year without JG. If he loses to Vandy, then there will be enough justification to can him.

Reactions: tnktm
I really want JP gone before he realizes he can win some games playing the right quarterback.

he coaches like he has a 5 year guarantee and that wins/losses don’t matter at this stage which is a scary thought. I don’t blame JG. Not his fault the coaches are stubborn, stupid, or blind.

He has plenty of excuses this season. JG, COVID, etc. and maybe he just wants to cash that buyout ticket and run back to Bama. By all reports the team played hard last night. And he's a good recruiter. Personnel wise, the team is better than when he took over. But he's messed up QB position horribly. Passed on Penix and Minshew and he should have gotten a different Grad transfer, aimed too high going after JT Daniels. He should have went after Felipe Franks. We can't know his true level of competence because of JG. I feel he should get a year without JG. If he loses to Vandy, then there will be enough justification to can him.

That part you said about being a good recruiter is about to get tested. Nobody can recruit well when fielding these kind of results in year 3.

I think Fulmer should demote Pruitt to DC, so that we get some kind of return for our money, and tell him if he doesn’t give his best effort, then he gets fired with cause. And if he doesn’t like that, then he can leave on his own without the buyout. Fire Ansley.

Then call Hugh and tell him we have a HC vacancy and his DC, so just bring his offense and coaches for that.
That's how you get him to settle and get out.

You can't demote Pruitt. His contract says "head coach at the University of Tennessee".
Well, he’s failing as the head coach. In any other job in this world, if you aren’t producing results, you get demoted or fired. Why should it be any different as a head coach getting paid $4 million???

Well, he’s failing as the head coach. In any other job in this world, if you aren’t producing results, you get demoted or fired. Why should it be any different as a head coach getting paid $4 million???

Are you being facetious are do you really not understand how contracts and contract negotiations work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back