Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know this how?

I'm going by what others that seem to know what they are talking about are saying. I would love to be surprised and eat crow.

Also, he only faced Smart one time, and that was in Smart's first year. Hardly enough to form judgements about.

A sample size of 1 is better than 0. Until proven otherwise, Freeze is Kirby's daddy.

No way we lose to Vandy this year. That team is going winless.

Yeah I said it

Crazy that vandy has 3 games this year with 400 total yards and we only have 1. Opponents have not really been the same, but our offense has been inexcusably bad.

I wonder if there is any correlation with our refusal to use the middle of the field on offense and our inability to cover the middle of the field on defense.

Reactions: JacketVol
Let’s do the math. Just rounding off to one Saturday game at UTK where we have 100,000 fans. Say Pruitt’s and his coaching staff’s buyouts are $20 million. That means everyone would have to give $200 to pay that off. $200!!! I think we could come up with enough fans to flip that bill to get Freeze.

Urban Meyer diagnoses the three reasons that teams struggle and underachieve

Really good read from Urban.

Some things I want to add,
this pandemic is tough on everyone; to see how some teams thrive and some crash is an indication of what type of leaders are at the head of each program.
Covid has only exacerbated already existing problems. The teams/programs who are disciplined have been able to handle this.
All of the weaknesses of this staff have become become Glaring; almost blinding. The lack of development at every position is even more eye opening this season than last season.
also, something that a first time head coach would struggle with is all the small details. Even down to the support staff. So even
having a coach fulmer in your corner at AD as a resource, this was going to be a difficult situation for a first timer to win.
And with so much turnover on the staff, it’s easy to see that a first time coach is in way over his head at such a big school

Let’s do the math. Just rounding off to one Saturday game at UTK where we have 100,000 fans. Say Pruitt’s and his coaching staff’s buyouts are $20 million. That means everyone would have to give $200 to pay that off. $200!!! I think we could come up with enough fans to flip that bill to get Freeze.
Volnation like
1605668825643.gif

How long ago did they back out ?

Duke backed out when they changed venue to South Dakota from Atlantis. Utah backed out at the beginning of November. Ohio State backed out on November 5 and Dayton followed because both teams would have to quarantine for 14 days upon return, pursuant to state of Ohio policy.

Honestly, beating or losing to Vandy shouldn't matter on whether Pruitt gets fired. There are enough red flags to make that decision.

I’ve been thinking about it a lot like a romantic relationship lately. Sure you had some good times in the beginning, but it’s always been rocky. You always thought she still loved her ex and now other people are telling you it. You try to stick it out because she’s never really been in a serious relationship before, but eventually, you realize you’re never going to marry her. Sure, you can stick it out a little longer to try and have a few more good times, but eventually you’re just wasting both of your times. You know? Make the move. #FreezePlease

Last edited:
My son is 3 and there are days I question whether to end this curse of misery that is every Saturday. Usually by Wednesday the next week I’m convinced we will beat the next team by 20 and change mind, lol. Anyone else feel like this?

By the time your son really understands what is going on, UT will either be good or its rivals will be UK and Vandy, which will provide him with “ big” wins about 50% of the time.

do you honestly think any coach that's worth a damn isn't cheating? he got busted, paid the price, learned his lesson, and is better off for it..
don't come on here with this self righteous "he cheated" BS when this board's most popular poster is our own Bagman dropping hints about whats going on behind the scenes..
Sooooo.....basically you can't read? Because you obviously didn't read my post.

Hugh wants the job, he is making that widely known. He told SC that. Only way its this year is if we lose 21+ rest of way and close win or lose to Vandy. Also need to do math on what it will cost to keep him. Donations, fan apathy, are pretty high now. Wait till we finish 3-7 or worse.
tumblr_mpatvb1C291qcmk4ho6_250.gif

Hugh wants the job, he is making that widely known. He told SC that. Only way its this year is if we lose 21+ rest of way and close win or lose to Vandy. Also need to do math on what it will cost to keep him. Donations, fan apathy, are pretty high now. Wait till we finish 3-7 or worse.
Lose by 21 to Florida will def happen. Lose by 21 to Texas AM probably. Close loss or close win with Vandy also probable. Swing game is this weekend. Could win or get blown out

Reactions: UTSuave’
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back