Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget that we wouldn’t be paying Pruitt the full buyout.

He won’t just sit on a buyout. He’ll go be Alabama’s defensive coordinator again, likely making about 1 mil per year, which would cut into it. The only reason we’re still paying Lyle is because he never took another paid coaching position. Pruitt isn’t gonna do that.. he’ll run back to Saban. Unfortunately, that’ll mean Alabama will have historically elite defenses again like they did in 2016. And he may try and take recruits with him. Which is why I think if you’re gonna do it, you DO NOT just clean house entirely. Keep some of those guys, because there genuinely good position coaches and recruiters.
Wouldn’t Saban only pay him 50k and let Tennessee pay the majority of his salary?

Not only that, but it’s like he made the decision during halftime of the UGA game. It’s mind boggling.
Exactly! I mean are coaches getting paid large sums from the power faction not in Power? That doesn’t make sense because they make large amounts already. Are key players getting paid off (JG) or threatened with things to force them to implode? It’s like something happens that flips a switch and things go down hill. I think back to Butch...we all have said his biggest mistake was firing Lawson as strength coach, and probably followed by getting rid of Jancek. That was the switch for him...was he forced to do it for some reason? Just doesn’t add up.

Exactly! I mean are coaches getting paid large sums from the power faction not in Power? That doesn’t make sense because they make large amounts already. Are key players getting paid off (JG) or threatened with things to force them to implode? It’s like something happens that flips a switch and things go down hill. I think back to Butch...we all have said his biggest mistake was firing Lawson as strength coach, and probably followed by getting rid of Jancek. That was the switch for him...was he forced to do it for some reason? Just doesn’t add up.
Slow down there Grassy knoll

Since we’re living in fantasy land I bet we get Hugh then draft Trevor Lawrence first overall and trade Cedric Tillman and Shannon Reid to the Bengals for Tee Higgins.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back