Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will admit, year 1 I ignored the red flags. Last years bad start had me concerned but with the finish I thought he might've figured something out. Then the first two games this year I thought ok maybe. But then after half of UGA its like our team has never played ball before.

Youre point on him bouncing around is a good one, if I had one guess its because of his personality and how hard he is to get along with.

It’s just weird Bc it’s not like he was climbing the ladder. Why leave an elite School coordinator job for another coordinator job? Once.. fine you never know what’s going on behind the scenes but twice?? Something is up especially in that short of time

This has been fun reading but I am running out of steel cups so I am preparing for a 3-7 season and CP still being here next year. I wish someone had some sense in the AD office and stop giving extensions until the coach proves he deserves it.

Dang man, I've had hope with each unproven coach we've hired. Because I'm a true vol fan . This would be the first proven coach sense Majors. And I think with the offense philosophy he would bring and the amount of talent on this team now is the time he would start winning. Normal season probably no worse than 8 -4 first year.
Why do we believe the players Pruitt has recruited will stay? I bleed orange, so it's silly to play the "true fan" card with me. I want to win as much, if not more, than anyone. But I've seen bad thing after bad thing happen to the program I love. Sure, I believe Freeze could eventually find success, but I don't think it would be quick. I'm not saying don't make a change, I'm just saying don't expect a change to guarantee success quickly.

Reactions: OrangenSC
It’s just weird Bc it’s not like he was climbing the ladder. Why leave an elite School coordinator job for another coordinator job? Once.. fine you never know what’s going on behind the scenes but twice?? Something is up especially in that short of time
That one year at Fl St. is the weirdest one to me. You would think Jimbo would've loved to keep him around to beat Clemson.

Stop. I will gladly take a natty right now even if it gets vacated 2 years later. We won it on the field and got to live through those memories of the process. That’s like saying USC hired Pete carrol for nothing.
Exactly. Everyone knows those USC teams were national champs and that Reggie Bush was the best player in CFB the year he won the Heisman. Go ahead and ‘take it away’ years later. Ain’t changing what happened on the field.

Lets play fantasy land for a minute. Lets say Auburn keeps Gus and SC decides they don't want to pay Freeze what he's asking. Is there any scenario in our wildest fan dreams that Hugh replaces Chaney as OC?

Russell Smith from the drive says friends
tenor.gif

Why do we believe the players Pruitt has recruited will stay? I bleed orange, so it's silly to play the "true fan" card with me. I want to win as much, if not more, than anyone. But I've seen bad thing after bad thing happen to the program I love. Sure, I believe Freeze could eventually find success, but I don't think it would be quick. I'm not saying don't make a change, I'm just saying don't expect a change to guarantee success quickly.
Just hire the proven coach. ..

Reactions: barrylee and UTProf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back