Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you do the world more good by investing in profitable enterprise than by giving to charities.

St.Jude’s Hospital says Hello.
How would Donating to a charity organization that helps in the fight to end childhood cancer be a poor choice? St. Jude’s has been successful with multiple childhood cancer treatments that has led to better cancer treatments for adults. Also no child pays for any treatments through St. Jude’s. Best thing to ever happen in Memphis.

March of Dimes
Muscular Dystrophy Association
Parklands Camp for Burn Injured Children

Shall I continue?
Your statement goes against most of the Bible teachings by the way.

Not trying to be harsh or judgemental, but true charity organizations deserve our help...

i never knew him but, he was well regarded at the radio station.

it was guys like he, Jon Ward, and even to lesser degree Mike Hammond that I wanted to get into radio. Same for Hubber and even Jimmy Hyans. Those guys are very well respected in their industry.

Never understood the disdain for some.

thanks for posting this. Later in life, before he died. Bobby became close with some of my family, I did not know him. But, he was very kind. That is my memory of him and his legacy.

St.Jude’s Hospital says Hello.
How would Donating to a charity organization that helps in the fight to end childhood cancer be a poor choice? St. Jude’s has been successful with multiple childhood cancer treatments that has led to better cancer treatments for adults. Also no child pays for any treatments through St. Jude’s. Best thing to ever happen in Memphis.

March of Dimes
Muscular Dystrophy Association
Parklands Camp for Burn Injured Children

Shall I continue?
Your statement goes against most of the Bible teachings by the way.

Not trying to be harsh or judgemental, but true charity organizations deserve our help...

All my monies are going to a no kill shelter when I kick the bucket but that's just my jam. I'm all for charities that do real work, not so much the ones that are "finding a cure" but are actually just corporations with substantial overhead and a payroll a mile long. If a cure was actually found, the machine would cease to exist, can't have that.

All my monies are going to a no kill shelter when I kick the bucket but that's just my jam. I'm all for charities that do real work, not so much the ones that are "finding a cure" but are actually just corporations with substantial overhead and a payroll a mile long. If a cure was actually found, the machine would cease to exist, can't have that.
St Judes isn't like that. Like doc said, they treat children and cover the total cost including the familie's expenses. It's the only charity I give to.

A few folks on here have been saying QB and D line are our only concerns... QB is a given, but why is there doubt on the D line? If I am remembering correctly, we only lost Taylor and dip-'ish Gooden... and everyone else is doing nothing but improving... We will have some newer faces seeing more playing time, but I think we will be fine...

A few folks on here have been saying QB and D line are our only concerns... QB is a given, but why is there doubt on the D line? If I am remembering correctly, we only lost Taylor and dip-'ish Gooden... and everyone else is doing nothing but improving... We will have some newer faces seeing more playing time, but I think we will be fine...
Agreed. I love the LB and DL recruits we’ve had the last couple of years, and I’m ready to see the younger guys play.

(Not factoring potential COVID issues opt outs and missed practices)

Offense Prediction

OL: A ... Great depth. Elite talent. Very experienced.

RB: B+ ... Questionable depth. Good talent. Moderately experienced.

TE: C ... Little depth. Questionable talent. Little experience.

QB: C ... Moderate depth. Questionable talent. Little experience outside JG

WR: B+ ... Moderate depth. Great talent. Little/moderate experience

Summary: QB, QB, QB. IF we can make the easy passes and do not throw interceptions we have a top 5-6 SEC offense. OL has no excuses. JG should have time to throw, and RB must stay healthy, but should have holes to run through. We will badly miss Pope at TE. High ceiling newcomers at WR.

Browns fans...

10EQ.gif

(Not factoring potential COVID issues opt outs and missed practices)

Offense Prediction

OL: A ... Great depth. Elite talent. Very experienced.

RB: B+ ... Questionable depth. Good talent. Moderately experienced.

TE: C ... Little depth. Questionable talent. Little experience.

QB: C ... Moderate depth. Questionable talent. Little experience outside JG

WR: B+ ... Moderate depth. Great talent. Little/moderate experience

Summary: QB, QB, QB. IF we can make the easy passes and do not throw interceptions we have a top 5-6 SEC offense. OL has no excuses. JG should have time to throw, and RB must stay healthy, but should have holes to run through. We will badly miss Pope at TE. High ceiling newcomers at WR.
You’re a little more optimistic than I am at every position besides offensive line.

Luckily the offensive line is the most important part of the offense.

I expect an average offense this season with a revolving door at QB. I like the RBs but there’s really no evidence to support that opinion besides Eric Gray vs. Vandy last season.

WRs are good but will likely be hamstrung by the QB.

TEs are either extraordinary or irrelevant - I’d bet on the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back