Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good friend of mine lost his dad to cancer back in high school. He had one voice mail on his phone from his dad telling him he loved him. Was all he had for awhile. Eventually it came time to get a new phone, so he got the audio wavelength of that voicemail tattooed on his arm. Have always thought that to be one of the coolest tattoos ever. He's got his dad with him now - always.
Really wish I would have done that. My dad passed 8 years ago this November, and I held on to that phone and had it repaired until it was just unfixable so I wouldn’t lose that vm.
I was bow hunting the day he died cursing Dooley for taking 3 OT’s to beat UAB. Suddenly football and hunting was the last thing on my mind for a long time!

Always let your loved ones know how much you love them. My mom passed in her sleep last night. Still waiting to hear what happened. She was only 56. My step dad rolled over to check on her and she was gone. His mom passed a month ago too. I’m ready for some Vol football to end this sh** year.

Sorry to read this. Prayers for healing of hearts and peace for your family.

Really wish I would have done that. My dad passed 8 years ago this November, and I held on to that phone and had it repaired until it was just unfixable so I wouldn’t lose that vm.
I was bow hunting the day he died cursing Dooley for taking 3 OT’s to beat UAB. Suddenly football and hunting was the last thing on my mind for a long time!
My dad died in 2005 at age 90. The only way I have of remembering his voice is that everyone said that he and I sounded identical, which was probably true since I always had to identify myself on the phone to anyone who knew us both. Mom started sounding feeble in her latter years, which is not the way I remember her voice

Last edited:
There are companies who transcribe those VM's to cd or digital copy. Used to give number out to clients back in day.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back