Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 13-YO nephew is undergoing his second MRI of the day in about 10 minutes. Little man has two tumors. One wrapped around his cervical spine and the other is at the base of his brain. Both believed to be malignant. They are interfering with production or flow of spinal fluid and he’s been feeling numbness, which was the symptom that brought him in today.

He had brain surgery when he was 2 to remove a tumor and now this. Needless to say my brother and SIL are deeply distraught right now. Surgery in morning. Please pray for “immeasurably more” for he and his family. I’m shook.

Hate it for anyone but it's especially rough when a child is involved. Praying that the big Man upstairs does his thing.

My 13-YO nephew is undergoing his second MRI of the day in about 10 minutes. Little man has two tumors. One wrapped around his cervical spine and the other is at the base of his brain. Both believed to be malignant. They are interfering with production or flow of spinal fluid and he’s been feeling numbness, which was the symptom that brought him in today.

He had brain surgery when he was 2 to remove a tumor and now this. Needless to say my brother and SIL are deeply distraught right now. Surgery in morning. Please pray for “immeasurably more” for he and his family. I’m shook.
Prayers sent. May God give you all strength & courage through this difficult time.

Wow! Same here. Thought my nephew dodged a bullet when he was younger. Anywho, they’ve decided to do a 3-hr MRI today. I guess to inspect deeper into the tissue. Now they’re worried aboUt his optic nerve. Not sure what to expect today. May not be surgery today if he’s going through a sedated 3-hr MRI but I’m out of my element here. Thankfully don’t know much about this process.

Thanks guys and gals. GB🍊.... more than a mantra.
EV, I’m not trying to invade privacy, but can you at least give us your nephew’s first name, so when we lift him up to God in prayer, we can use his name?

I bet we have @bama @Florida @ Georgia @TexasAM @Auburn

If the SEC really wants to protect their playoff hopefuls, then our schedule will be Auburn, TexasA&M, Florida, Georgia, Alabama as the first 5 games in this order. Then kick us when we are all beaten up with Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina, Vanderbilt. Oh, and of course the SEC will give us our bye week after 10 straight game weeks in a row.

What they don’t realize is that when we are
5-0 after 5 games, now we get to coast the last half against the easier opponents. Then our bye week will give us 2 straight weeks to prepare for the SECCG. This is the year that CJP and the Vols go 3-0 against Bama and Saban. Regular season, SECCG, and playoff game. It shall be the year that retires Saban. CJP becomes the highest paid coach of any team in any sport (including pros) with the complete blessing of VN.

Decade of the Vols started a little rough, but will end in a dominant display of Tennessee football.

Just so y’all know, this is my preseason football expectations every year. Regardless of the coach, AD, or players. I think that we now have the right Coach, AD, and players to begin this decade.

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we catch excellence!”
Coach Vince Lombardi

Edit: (one year was the exception: when the AD fired CPF with a plan to hire kiffin, I knew that it was destined for failure. Never trade substance for flash. I was ecstatic when kiffin moved out in the middle of the night like the worthless conman that he is). I threw up in my mouth whenever I had to say that kiffin was our coach so I support him...😐

Few posts up. Another 3-hr MRI is on schedule for today so not sure what that means. May be a tumor on his eye too. Not sure if surgery is in the cards today or waiting.

Depending on cancer involvement around essential tissue, they may do chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy to shrink the tumor so that vital tissue is saved and excision of tumor is safer.

They routinely sedate kids for MRIs as movement means that you start over. They sedate just about everyone (adults too) for that indepth and extensive MRI. They are doing millimeter cuts so they can map the tumor(s) exactly.

Definitely not my area of expertise, but this has been the game plan for my patients with cancers in the last 10 years or so. Hope that this helps.

Will be praying for your nephew, his parents, and all those who will be treating him. And for you, too. So sorry you all are going through this.

A family member had Covid. My husband had to get tested for his work. He tried to get a quick test. He got on the list at our urgent care clinic. The doctor's office called 3 business days later to schedule his test. He had already gone somewhere else by that point. It's not easy to get tested either.
This whole system is so broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back