Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly caring less about football and more about basketball by the day this year because the schedule is so ridiculous. I'll be more upset if we don't play basketball.

But again, there's no end in sight for this. People are going to have to start accepting covid is the new normal. Like it or not mask wearing isn't going to be adopted by everyone. Eventually there will be a vaccine but it takes tons of time to actually produce and get it available to people and THEN actually convince people that vaccines aren't harmful.

Since we aren’t going to play football this brings up a ton of questions:

1. Does every player get another year of eligibility?
2. Do you increase roster sizes next year and allow more scholarships?
3. Can some schools afford those extra scholarships with reduced revenue this year?
4. If those schools can’t afford extra scholarships can players transfer to schools that can offer those scholarships?

Charlie. Foxtrot.

F China.

Mainstream media outlets gleefully falling over themselves reporting the "inevitable " collapse of football season. Amazing how irrational hatred for one man manifests itself.

I have no doubt that the media has a certain slant, but I have heard one or two of these guys on radio. They have said they want football because their job is at stake. Rob Doster, a respected college basketball writer, got terminated by NBC. These guys will be the first to get cut if these sports aren’t played. They are just reporting what they are being told.

Since we aren’t going to play football this brings up a ton of questions:

1. Does every player get another year of eligibility?
2. Do you increase roster sizes next year and allow more scholarships?
3. Can some schools afford those extra scholarships with reduced revenue this year?
4. If those schools can’t afford extra scholarships can players transfer to schools that can offer those scholarships?

Charlie. Foxtrot.

F China.

The answer to those questions depends on whether they benefit Clemson, Bama, UGA, Ohio State, OU, etc.

I guarantee the guys in the locker room aren't complaining. The schedule gives them a hell of an opportunity to show how good they are and how far they've come. I don't know what the record will be but the Vols are gonna be in every game they play this season. The roster is as good as it's been in a long time and they will be coaches better than anybody in the conference. Jump on the wagon and let's go kick some ass!
1596937457908.gif

Honestly caring less about football and more about basketball by the day this year because the schedule is so ridiculous. I'll be more upset if we don't play basketball.

But again, there's no end in sight for this. People are going to have to start accepting covid is the new normal. Like it or not mask wearing isn't going to be adopted by everyone. Eventually there will be a vaccine but it takes tons of time to actually produce and get it available to people and THEN actually convince people that vaccines aren't harmful.

Yay! Football season is officially going to happen in 2020!

If Catbone has moved on, that’s the best predictor that football will happen.

Sorry Catbone, not picking on you. This is Science! 🤔D0C0DC48-6EEC-4FE9-90F8-D1EAD9C7C093.gif792C2A41-A02E-4AAB-9388-CC0C993FB746.gif

Last edited:
So uhh.... what are we going to do in a year when the VID is still around......
Life is over man. It’s over. There isn’t going to be a vaccine. Apparently we’re trying to end all death. So stay locked in your homes, if you do go out, wear a mask everywhere, no more school and no more sports

I have no doubt that the media has a certain slant, but I have heard one or two of these guys on radio. They have said they want football because their job is at stake. Rob Doster, a respected college basketball writer, got terminated by NBC. These guys will be the first to get cut if these sports aren’t played. They are just reporting what they are being told.
I'm sure in some cases it's not the reporters but the bosses. Gonna hush before I cross into politics. Rather talk about how that Al Wilson would sure knock the hell out of you.

I'm sure in some cases it's not the reporters but the bosses. Gonna hush before I cross into politics. Rather talk about how that Al Wilson would sure knock the hell out of you.

Barrett Sallee is a straight shooter. He criticized the SEC officiating in our game against Bama last year. He’s totally different than someone like Dan Wolken. You can’t shoot the messenger. They are just reporting what AD’s are saying, and as I said in an earlier post, a couple of AD’s have been publicly open about not believing that the season will be completed. Be a conspiracy theorist all you want- I’m conservative.

The answer to those questions depends on whether they benefit Clemson, Bama, UGA, Ohio State, OU, etc.
True but there isn’t a governing body that controls all those schools. If there’s one thing this whole mess has showed us is the ‘AA is powerless when it comes to major college football. Right now it’s a free-for-all.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Barrett Sallee is a straight shooter. He criticized the SEC officiating in our game against Bama last year. He’s totally different than someone like Dan Wolken. You can’t shoot the messenger. They are just reporting what AD’s are saying, and as I said in an earlier post, a couple of AD’s have been publicly open about not believing that the season will be completed. Be a conspiracy theorist all you want- I’m conservative.
Thats why I'm like. It really might not happen now. Sallee is one guy I kinda trust. If he starts saying no, then things don't look good.

Reactions: VolGee4
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back