Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You take a defense away from a team? They’re not in a bowl in the first place! I watched the same damn team you did, Chachi! You need a mannequin? Get yourself to Amazon!

...amazon isn’t involved in this so that’s irrelevant.Your point about “defense” is a good one so I will let it stand and elaborate further..throughout last season there were a lot of different situations and cases that could be made for many players on the team who stepped up and saved JG ass and the season.JG was far from spectacular as he has always been his whole career.A lot of the close games we scraped by with a “W” was hindered by JG’s lack of play when we should have blown them out .the offense will only go as far as the QB can take them and what you see in him is what you get.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY and StoVol
If he hasn't figured it out in 2 years should we really expect anything different?

Expect? Maybe not. But it's certainly a possibility. Guys like Crompton and Dobbs made biiig strides with their passing in their final year. As did Nathan Peterman, though not here.

Sometimes a guy just knows it's his last year and makes the extra push or it finally clicks.

I guess our bars are different then. Beating the bottom feeders when the expectation is an NC is not impressive to me.
To be fair to those that don't hold such an expectation, we've won once in the last 50 years, since integration took full effect. That said, I fully expect that is our team's and Pruitt's long term goal. He won't settle for less and knows full well growing up across the border of what our aspirations are. Butch never understood us...

At this point in his career, if JG is fine in practice, but still a headcase in games, he will never improve. He will be the exact same guy as last season, with everyone holding their breath with every snap...

Is he going to trip over his own feet, is he going to throw it 98mph to the RB swinging out, is he going to stare down his primary until he forces it in double coverage, is he going to overthrow/underthrow, or is he maybe going to actually connect on a slant or 10yd crossing route... who knows...

Mauer I guess must be the guy, because it sounds like the tires have been deflated on HB for now... If we have to go through another season of JG, then we will absolutely lose 2 games this season that we could/should win with a average/above average QB...

I've said before that I respect the kid and he gives it 100% and bleeds Orange, but he just simply doesn't have "it" or the tools necessary to get the job done consistently...

Bummer if we have to worry about our QB again, every game, all season, for the third straight season in a row...

It's pretty clear JG will be the starter going into the first game. Just a few points where everyone seems right in their own respects.

JG unquestionably played well at moments last season, especially against Mizz. The staff tried everything to get better QB play, but all roads led back to him. He had to be the best option, right?

Our oline play, while improved last season, was never able to provide a consistent ground game, which obviously effects QB play. I think we all anticipate our running game to be much improved because they were no where near "good" last year.

JG holds the ball too long, doesn't throw a great deep ball, and somehow doesnt throw to WRs when they're wide open. He absolutely has to fix these things if he's our guy this season. The team around him is too good and talented to not get someone else ready by now if he cant do it.

Last edited:
...amazon isn’t involved in this so that’s irrelevant.Your point about “defense” is a good one so I will let it stand and elaborate further..throughout last season there were a lot of different situations and cases that could be made for many players on the team who stepped up and saved JG ass and the season.JG was far from spectacular as he has always been his whole career.A lot the close games we scraped by with a “W” was hindered by JG’s lack of play.the offense will only go as far as the QB can take them and what you see in him is what you get.
Don’t really disagree with most of that and haven’t stated otherwise. Didn’t wake up this morning prepared to be on this side of another JG debate, but I also don’t worship at the Church of This Means That and That Means This. I believe that Harrison Bailey and/or Brian Maurer have the ability/opportunity to take the reigns of this offense and take the team that much further. I also believe that if JG starts there’s legitimate reason behind the decision and the intent is to WIN.

Multiple Florida players tweeting about opting out
From a poster on the Gator board

"Copeland just finished a live video on Instagram where he had some wild takes, and I’ll summarize them real quick:
-he wants to get paid
-Says the coaches don’t care for the players
-Someone asked if Mullen was a racist he responded with “what do you think”
Throughout the broadcast there were a few current players chiming in

Obviously these are some heated takes, but I was surprised by some of them."

If Maurer had playbook down and the toughness and heart of JG we would be set. I hope he's put on muscle to protect himself

I think Maurer as a true freshman beanpole certainly proved his toughness and heart last season. But yes, we need him to put on weight so he doesn't get snapped in half...

Wonder if we will ever see Hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back