Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the travails of Fred Weary when he was practicing to play center.the big point of controversy was he tended to sweat profusely from his butt, so he had to regularly change pants.

Doubt they would have come close to stopping that offense.

That Nebraska team was the most dominate team ever. Kinda short sighted to write them off so easily. They destroyed everybody in ridiculous fashion in every way. They statistically and comparing them with their era, are the greatest team ever. Easily.

I mean, they did destroy a pretty potent offense for its day in Florida and a couple years later embarassed a senior Peyton Manning who was about the closest thing ever to 2019 Joe Burrow.

It would only be a mismatch because of the era's and advanced scheme LSU played. None of the Nebraska coaches would have an idea of how to stop that because they had never seen anything like it.

I think it would be high scoring and close though regardless, because you still see how modern teams struggle against the triple option. Georgia Tech would give Clemson fits. This LSU defense wasn't that dominate. Nebraska would've run it down their throat.
Those Nebraska teams that Tn. and Fl. played looked like college playing high school teams. They were definitely bigger and faster and I don't think it had anything to do with eating corn.

Joe Burrow = Peyton Manning???
What!? Hahah. No.
Burrow had 400 yards rushing his senior year. And passed for 2,000 more yards and double the amount of passing TDs...just no.
That one year was probably the greatest individual season ever for a player.

Peyton was hobbled against Nebraska and he was none threat to run consistently against them. So was Danny Wuerffel 2 years before that. Osborne and his QBs had not seen like Aranda would have thrown at him on defense. LSU'S defense was not the same defense last 4 games of the season. Clemson and UGA had the best defenses in College last year and LSU Put 37 on both of them...

So no. 1995 Nebraska would have gotten beaten rather badly to be honest. All you had to do was get them in a deficit. They didn't have the offense to comeback. They would have had to because Burrow with his All-Americans and All world OC would have torn that Nebraska defense to hell.

Probably 60-14 or something like that. Huge mismatch.
Would not have mattered if Peyton was healthy or not. We got completely man handled on boyth sides of the line and so did Fl. when they played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back