Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt Rushmore of Volunteer Football:

General Neyland
Johnny Majors
Reggie White
Peyton Manning

Maybe it’s the recency of his passing, but that’s my four. Who ya got?

Wish Dobbs could have made Atlanta once or twice and come away with some strong hardware. I love everything about that kid. Wrong timing, but maybe just what we needed during those days.

I’m not sure why this got me, but it did. It just brought up all the times in life that I was facing something I knew I had to do, but was kinda nervous or scared about it. Glad to know ole Johnny felt the same way. Somehow we always overcome the fear of the unknown.

🧡🧡🧡 Loved the post and video

If Fulmer gets the program back to national prominence and oversees a National Championship, I think he gets the nod over Majors.

Right now Johnny gets the nod imo, as he was the superior player.
Yeah, but Fulmer is our second all time winningest coach and has a NC. I think that would edge out Johnny IMO.

Yeah, but Fulmer is our second all time winningest coach and has a NC. I think that would edge out Johnny IMO.
It’s not just about coaching. Johnny Majors is one of the all time great PLAYERS in the history of Tennessee Football. One of only 4 Vols to have their number retired for performance on the field.

Majors playing career + coaching career > Fulmer’s playing career + coaching career

If Fulmer adds a great AD stint to his resume, he edges him out imo.

If it's about UT, then it's about what they did at UT. As a player, it's hard to top 2 national titles. Peyton has Super Bowl rings, but he doesn't have a NC ring.

76 years ago on this day, "ALL ASHORE THAT'S GOING ASHORE"

Heroes remembered....

giphy.gif

Small on top.....big on bottom
Copperhead......that’s what everyone else said. I didn’t ask the snake:)

I very well could be wrong.....still big and dead
For a second there I thought you were describing a flat chested redhead with a big rump.

Last edited:
Usually “Mt Rushmore” selections carry an iconic weight as well that is harder to define.

Reggie White & Peyton Manning are Tennessee Icons. Neither has a NC.
Reggie and Peyton are both legends not only for what they did at UT, but for what they did in the pros and in life outside of football. They are arguably the two greatest icons in UT football history.

Reggie and Peyton are both legends not only for what they did at UT, but for what they did in the pros and in life outside of football. They are arguably the two greatest icons in UT football history.
Phillip is a Vol legend. (Not you personally) Just stop airbody.

Majors, Fulmer, Neyland, Reggie, Peyton, and coupls others.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Small on top.....big on bottom
Copperhead......that’s what everyone else said. I didn’t ask the snake:)

I very well could be wrong.....still big and dead

Only poisonous snake in US that I know of, without a fat head is Coral. Pit vipers have fat triangular heads, usually with dark bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back