Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the 2007 game at Cal. There is a reason they were envious. Their stadium was the equal of a mid 70s high school stadium. Got splinters in my a$$ from the wooden benches. Did I mention the naked guy in the tree outside the stadium? They had him fenced in for his protection. What a bunch of loonies.

Yeah I was there too... they had the hippies up in trees up behind the stadium protesting to keep some expansion from happening saying they thought it was indian burial ground or had dinosaur bones or something. They had speakers up on poles to try and make noise when we had the ball. Not a good game for us. Desean Jackson killed us. The football facilities and stadium were lost in the 70's... DJ's punt return for a TD broke our backs.

Last edited:
Bailey is a guy who can make all the throws, understands football, knows when to throw it away, knows when to run, and is a good leader. He has everything you look for in a quarterback. If he stays healthy, we will see him a lot in 2020.

We know this for FACT? Cause I haven't seen him play against a college team yet.

My first awareness of HC’s for the Vols. Bill Battle was just some guy on the sideline while I watched Condredge vanquish all who dared confront him. Didn’t know all the background details with Coach Majors...didn’t care. Just knew things would be alright because he knew what he was doing. It was better when you could blindly trust. RIP

coach majors reminded me of my grandfather. the spoke similarly, looked similarly, had many of the same facial expressions and a wry smile, and witty sense of humor. and always came off like he knew what was going on, what to do, and how it should be done. plus i was a kid, so there was a definite fatherly auroa about him, and it was so easy to associate him withy my grand dad.....which immediately equates to trust and being genuine....

sad day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back