Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

He definitely took an inequitable amount of the blame. Some fans only seemed to remember the bad with him last year. Now, not saying he was great or anything, only that his positives balanced out the negatives and considering how atrocious our line was, he was about as good as there was (best pass blocker and 3rd best run blocker). He was solid, relative to what we had last year. Also think the penalty issue was a weird anomaly. He went from only 3 penalties in 2017 to 12 in 2018 and has 1 so far this season.

Wish him the best. Seems like a good kid and was unlucky to have to deal with the shizshow under CBJ, having multiple OL coaches, who all stunk, and an S&C program that stunk.

Last edited:
He definitely took an inequitable amount of the blame. Some fans only seemed to remember the bad with him last year. Now, not saying he was great or anything, only that his positives balanced out the negatives and considering how atrocious our line was, he was about as good as there was (best pass blocker and 3rd best run blocker). He was solid, relative to what we had last year. Also think the penalty issue was a weird anomaly. He went from only 3 penalties in 2017 to 12 in 2018 and has 1 so far this season.

Yep

The fact is I doubt any other fan base eats their own as much as we do ours

Every fan base is the same.

I like to think we care more than most. I’d say Bama and Georgia have about the same kind of fanbase but they haven’t had the same failures lately as us so that’s why I think we eat our own more than those do.

A school like florida doesn’t have near as many fans that Care imo

My ex went to Willamette University in Oregon. Her first roommate was Mormon. First week of school gal was getting shtface drunk and sleeping with multiple dudes, sometimes while my ex was trying sleep. She soon felt ashamed and moved back to Utah after the first semester.

We got a few of those down in Arizona, too.

Wild.

My ex went to Willamette University in Oregon. Her first roommate was Mormon. First week of school gal was getting shtface drunk and sleeping with multiple dudes, sometimes while my ex was trying sleep. She soon felt ashamed and moved back to Utah after the first semester.
Did she leave any contact info?

I like to think we care more than most. I’d say Bama and Georgia have about the same kind of fanbase but they haven’t had the same failures lately as us so that’s why I think we eat our own more than those do.

A school like florida doesn’t have near as many fans that Care imo
When you are in the playoffs every year, mistakes are low cost. When you lose one possession games on the regular, they are magnified.

Clint Stoener might have had only one career fumble for all I know. Dat timing tho

Anyone taking Auburn over A&M? I just don't see how they can win with Bo Nix being so terrible at throwing. Even TLaw was kept partly in check by A&M and their rushing game was totally shut down by them. Now, Auburn can run just fine, as can Nix. But if Etienne and Clemson couldn't sustain rushing, I don't see Auburn. And that's their main hope. They will be too 1 dimensional. Now can TAMU score enough? I think so, they have both passing and rushing threats.

Now...we haven't really seen TAMU yet. They've played 2 scrubs and Clemson, who is just on a different level right now. But I'd take their unknowns over Auburn and Mond is light years ahead of Nix rn.

Will be a defensive battle, but I like TAMU 17-6. If Auburn is to win, they really need a defensive score or a big play from their track star Shwartz.

Wish him the best. Seems like a good kid and was unlucky to have to deal with the shizshow under CBJ, having multiple OL coaches, who all stunk, and an S&C program that stunk.
I defend players to a fault as long as there’s want to and potential. Did it with Dillon Bates and continue with JJ Peterson. Maybe Richmond is a nice person, but he was a sulking baby who repeated bad habits for 3 seasons HERE. Glad he got a blank slate and any opportunities that come with it, but I ain’t apologizing for not being impressed with his body of work because a paid troll wants to call a fanbase out for any and everything.

I’m betting A&m

Anyone taking Auburn over A&M? I just don't see how they can win with Bo Nix being so terrible at throwing. Even TLaw was kept partly in check by A&M and their rushing game was totally shut down by them. Now, Auburn can run just fine, as can Nix. But if Etienne and Clemson couldn't sustain rushing, I don't see Auburn. And that's their main hope. They will be too 1 dimensional. Now can TAMU score enough? I think so, they have both passing and rushing threats.

Now...we haven't really seen TAMU yet. They've played 2 scrubs and Clemson, who is just on a different level right now. But I'd take their unknowns over Auburn and Mond is light years ahead of Nix rn.

Will be a defensive battle, but I like TAMU 17-6. If Auburn is to win, they really need a defensive score or a big play from their track star Shwartz.

Need someone like a Joe Rogan/Mike Leach doing a UT podcast. Part football, part absurd comical hot takes, part complete nonsense. I'd listen to that. That Bass Gucc one with Rocktopper stories could have filled that space, but alas it was not to be.

Tony Basilio Weekdays at 11am and his 5th quarter fan reaction following all football and basketball games.

Not for the faint of heart or many who reside here in the Homer Hideout.

Tony Basilio Weekdays at 11am and his 5th quarter fan reaction following all football and basketball games.

Not for the faint of heart or many who reside here in the Homer Hideout.
Haven't heard him since I was a teenager working at a dippin dots kiosk in West Town Mall. The only thing I had keeping me from complete boredom on slow days was Basilio and the Car Guys on NPR. Ahh the days before smartphones...

Reactions: Jack Burton
The Vols win the toss and defer. Brooks with a touchback and Fl takes the ball. 1st down Trask throws the ball out to his right to set up a WR screen. Henry sniffs it out and stops him for a 2 yard gain.

Looking to establish the run, the Gators hand off to Perine but the Vols defensive front stands strong holding him to no gain.

3rd and 8, Trask looking to pass is pressured by Taylor, he throws up a desperation toss that is intercepted by Theo Jackson who runs it into the end zone. Vols lead 7-0 less than 2 mins into the 1st quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back