Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not underestimate the power of the Tennessee brand now that kids will have the ability to make money on their likeness. This selling point that we have is taking a massive toll on other schools. There are plenty of hard core facts and data that clearly show kids the loyalty and size of the fan base is one that will be extremely profitable long term and while we hit this upslope. The numbers we are showing are based on the years that we have been in the cellar so you can imagine what those numbers guys can show these families under the assumption our teams will continue to improve and contend for the SEC. We have been SO far ahead of the curve here compared to other schools and you are seeing it pay huge dividends....

exactly what I said Neids has been saying for months

Reactions: orangejuice
Iā€™ve thought Neids has been really pounding how school promotes their kids for months and months on His twitter account. Iā€™d be shocked if we arenā€™t telling these kids our PR department is loaded for bear to help our kids make as much $ as possible on their likeness and showing them the plan for when this stuff all gets set. Thatā€™s the way I have took his tweets for months

This is one such tweet

And another one

nailed it

If you want something very inexpensive that has a nice picture, get the TCL. It's my cheapy tailgate tv and I have another one in my office at work. Very happy with them. Both are 55" that I paid less than $400 each. No idea how they will hold up over time but at this price they are disposable items, so don't really care.

If you aren't afraid to drop a few bucks, get the 900 series Sony. Great performing television. Worth the extra dollars if you are looking for a 75"+ tv and you want an outstanding tv.

If you are looking at the Sony 800 series tv, I don't think it's the best option at that price point. Look closer at the other options.
Thanks for the info, I have been looking at the TCL R625, seems to be a high pick from lots of reviewers. I have to stay in the 55ā€ range.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
If Alabama comes after Pruitt when Saban retires, that would mean heā€™s had great success at UT. And they should since heā€™s an alum. But a part of me believes Pruitt stays with us for a very long time.
Same. I don't think Pruitt would be one to walk away from something he worked hard to build. And the ones who gave him a chance

Same. I don't think Pruitt would be one to walk away from something he worked hard to build. And the ones who gave him a chance

The X factor is what Bama will be like when Saban retires, or what he will expect it to be like, and what Tennessee will be like. It looks like he's getting everything he wants and needs in Knoxville. Tuscaloosa will instantly turn into a dumpster fire when Saban releases the "I'm retiring" statement, and that kingdom will be thrown into disarray.

I don't know that Pruitt will want it right away if offered unless they have their ducks in a row, but that would require advance notice and a well thought out plan for succession. Saban strikes me as a guy who will leave Tuscaloosa on his last day on the job and never come back. He has no loyalty to that school and would probably prefer that the football program burn down after him to elevate his own image.

So it could be a really toxic environment to walk into, especially if Saban goes out on top. Who wants to follow a guy who loses 1 game a year for well over a decade?

My 47ā€ Vizio is 12 years old and cost us $1200. Obviously, prices are much better, but it has been great and still going with a good picture. Just had to add Roku to it.
Same...Got a 12 year old Sony 42" we use for our bedroom that is still going strong with a great picture..

But I did get me a 4K 55" TCL Roku TV that we use in our living room..and I love it, especially for the price...only paid 298$ for it.

Reactions: VolGee4
Tell me how 1918 is like 2020.

Tell me how PPE is the same. Tell me how cultural norms are equivalent. Tell me how germ theory, medical advancement, and communication is EXACTLY the same as 1918 and Iā€™ll believe you.

Have you been to your local home improvement store in the past few weeks? I was there today buying things I needed essentially to prevent the impending implosion of my home. I've know people carnally who never got as close to me as the folks trying to buy flowers, grills, and patio furniture who were there today. A lot of those same people were wearing masks covering their mouth and not their nose which left me wondering if it was a prosthetic or if they assumed that it was ok to leave a nose uncovered if you were only using it to hold up glasses.

People are stupid.

If Alabama comes after Pruitt when Saban retires, that would mean heā€™s had great success at UT. And they should since heā€™s an alum. But a part of me believes Pruitt stays with us for a very long time.

Thatā€™s his Alma Mater man. He grew up there, he played there, he coached there. If they come calling heā€™ll be gone, but like you stated, it would mean he had great success here.

Reactions: berryvol
I dont think Saban is introspective enough to know when he is on top, much less to leave before the downturn. I think the undertaker will have to pull his headset off and take away his clipboard before he starts shoveling dirt on the coffin.

All this TV talk reminds me of how silly it is that you can buy a 55" 4K HDR TV for $500 now but almost all TV broadcasts are still heavily compressed 720p or 1080i.

It will be a glorious day when we get 4K sports broadcasts. Hell, even true 1080p broadcasts would look amazing compared to what we get now.
I love watching the stuff that is in 4k though on mine.

Haven't been on in a while so this may have already been discussed a thousand times. But what are some of the positive things you guys have seen that will come out of this ordeal? Or ways you've adapted that you hope to continue. For me, the first week it started locking down I had an idea to try to play darts over video calls with 2 of my best friends. One of them lives in Washington state and the other south Florida. So I only get to see them once every few years. But we figured it out and now we see each other and play darts 3 to 5 times a week. Which has really been awesome. And we plan to continue even when things get back to normal. I hadn't played darts in over ten years since moving to Texas, but I used to play all the time so getting back into that has also been great. Just curious if anyone else had similar ways of adapting. I had actually never done a video call before this so had to learn how. Hahahaha

Haven't been on in a while so this may have already been discussed a thousand times. But what are some of the positive things you guys have seen that will come out of this ordeal? Or ways you've adapted that you hope to continue. For me, the first week it started locking down I had an idea to try to play darts over video calls with 2 of my best friends. One of them lives in Washington state and the other south Florida. So I only get to see them once every few years. But we figured it out and now we see each other and play darts 3 to 5 times a week. Which has really been awesome. And we plan to continue even when things get back to normal. I hadn't played darts in over ten years since moving to Texas, but I used to play all the time so getting back into that has also been great. Just curious if anyone else had similar ways of adapting. I had actually never done a video call before this so had to learn how. Hahahaha
We have game nights with my old college friends every Saturday night. Jackbox TV games played over the phone but we're also on a conference call so it's a lot of fun. Also, my family has spent a lot of time hiking. It's been good for us.

The X factor is what Bama will be like when Saban retires, or what he will expect it to be like, and what Tennessee will be like. It looks like he's getting everything he wants and needs in Knoxville. Tuscaloosa will instantly turn into a dumpster fire when Saban releases the "I'm retiring" statement, and that kingdom will be thrown into disarray.

I don't know that Pruitt will want it right away if offered unless they have their ducks in a row, but that would require advance notice and a well thought out plan for succession. Saban strikes me as a guy who will leave Tuscaloosa on his last day on the job and never come back. He has no loyalty to that school and would probably prefer that the football program burn down after him to elevate his own image.

So it could be a really toxic environment to walk into, especially if Saban goes out on top. Who wants to follow a guy who loses 1 game a year for well over a decade?

It ainā€™t easy following a legend. And when Saban is done, he will be the greatest coach to ever coach at Alabama. And the ones that followed the other great coach, The Bear, struggled. The timing wouldnā€™t be right for a rightful son like Pruitt or Dabo to coach after Saban. Let someone else be the guinea pig.

Reactions: UTProf and VOLSONLY
Yeah it's been my experience that the smaller gents are more spry as old men then us bigger folks. Less wear and tear on the joints. I'M about six foot and 230 and played lots of sports growing up and still play ultimate Frisbee a couple times a week. I'M screwed as I get older. HA. Although I will say I started taking a tumeric blend and my knees haven't felt this good in a long time.

Yep, I agree. My son has ran into bigger kids playing ball and the big overweight kid was on his ass for 10 mins and my son popped right up. Not saying size is a bag thing but I've known some old wiry dudes that could still fight like crazy and were pretty healthy for their age.

I'm bigger, played sports small only 38 and areas with broken bones still hurt and my shoulder is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back