Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Iceman Cometh

Funny I remember all these old games.
CP against Louisville in opening game of season
CW ran for about 250 in a close game in CB
Mose monsoon run
I cannot remember the HS run. Was that Wash St? Edit: Maybe Vandy.
The last several years though I have a hard time remembering. I think it is beause I used to VHS all the old games and rewatch them over the summers.

That 1990 Pigskin Classic against Colorado was a doozy that we feel just short on with a tie. We were down big at one point and Webb must of run for 200 in that game.

Funny I remember all these old games.
CP against Louisville in opening game of season
CW ran for about 250 in a close game in CB
Mose monsoon run
I cannot remember the HS run. Was that Wash St? Edit: Maybe Vandy.
The last several years though I have a hard time remembering. I think it is beause I used to VHS all the old games and rewatch them over the summers.

That 1990 Pigskin Classic against Colorado was a doozy that we feel just short on with a tie. We were down big at one point and Webb must of run for 200 in that game.

I always thought Webb could have stepped out of bounds to give us a chance for the FG at the end of that Colorado game. He had vision of the end zone in his head though and damn near broke it. That game was crazy. Of course they win the championship that year

I always thought Webb could have stepped out of bounds to give us a chance for the FG at the end of that Colorado game. He had vision of the end zone in his head though and damn near broke it. That game was crazy. Of course they win the championship that year

I know. I still think that he could of stepped out with 2 seconds. Still bothers me..lol

I know. I still think that he could of stepped out with 2 seconds. Still bothers me..lol
I went and watched end of that game. We had the ball on the their 41 with 7 seconds left. No TOs. We run a draw play. Webb cuts towards center of field initially then heads towards sideline. Tackled out of bounds at the 16 as time expires. So damn close

Bad teams win 64? Hmm.. those two weren't the only two. The ones I named were certified rim protectors. You don't have that in today's game. Jordan went into and around those every year. To answer your other question... off the top of my head Miller, Starks, Dumars, Drexler, Richmond, Wilkins, Mullin. Won't add a few that had injuries that derailed their ability.
Bad in terms of worst teams to make a final. I’d put iversons sixers, lebrons Cavs the first time, Jason Kidd’s nets team, magic team with Dwight Howard etc.

I went and watched end of that game. We had the ball on the their 41 with 7 seconds left. No TOs. We run a draw play. Webb cuts towards center of field initially then heads towards sideline. Tackled out of bounds at the 16 as time expires. So damn close

I am watching it as well..lol. Maybe I was a little hard on him. He was trying to reach the sideline in time. Dumb question, but could you not just take a knee in the FOP and stop the clock? That Dafney play was debatable if his knee was down.

Reactions: volatil

I’ve been looking for this clip. I’ve told this story before but we have nothing else to do. When Jr was in HS he trained for awhile under Wilhoit. We were walking out on the field to gather all the balls that he had kicked during the drills. Wilhoit asks Jr if he had any questions. My son being just like his dad asks James “what were you thinking after you missed that extra point against Florida”. I’m sitting here thinking why TF did you ask that? Wilhoit said he went to Fulmer and said “I want on the field from any distance because I’m hitting it”. He said as soon as it left his foot he started celebrating the win. Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back