Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just letting my Vol family know that my Mom had to go back to the ER for the second time in a week. For months now we all have noticed that her appetite has really gone down and doesn't eat much which of course has cause a lot weight loss. Lately she been saying that she has to force food down cause her esophagus wouldn't let her. My sister went over today and said she looks terrible and pale. She stays at a retirement apartment and they were concerned about mom so they called an ambulance. The last report I got was that her Cardiac enzymes are high but not sure still whats up with her not being able to swallow. I know my Dad had that happen but he had Dementia. He passed just a few days after that. I know this could be entirely different situation. I know we have Doctors and people in here who work in the Medical field would appreciate any info that you may think is going on. I know you can't really know without seeing someone but just wondering even if its bad. Mom is 89 has nephropathy and Rheumatoid arthritis. Appreciate your prayers.
🙏

Just letting my Vol family know that my Mom had to go back to the ER for the second time in a week. For months now we all have noticed that her appetite has really gone down and doesn't eat much which of course has cause a lot weight loss. Lately she been saying that she has to force food down cause her esophagus wouldn't let her. My sister went over today and said she looks terrible and pale. She stays at a retirement apartment and they were concerned about mom so they called an ambulance. The last report I got was that her Cardiac enzymes are high but not sure still whats up with her not being able to swallow. I know my Dad had that happen but he had Dementia. He passed just a few days after that. I know this could be entirely different situation. I know we have Doctors and people in here who work in the Medical field would appreciate any info that you may think is going on. I know you can't really know without seeing someone but just wondering even if its bad. Mom is 89 has nephropathy and Rheumatoid arthritis. Appreciate your prayers.
Will pray..

Groundhog number 2 is down.
tumblr_lmptla0bGD1qg4ayxo1_400.gifv

I hadn’t read this before, but here’s an excerpt from a letter written by Fredrick Douglass six years after the end of the Civil War. Posted simply for the added perspective.

Always admired Frederick Douglass and have no doubt that's how he felt. Slavery was an evil institution. But there's more to the story than slavery. The North wasn't fighting to end slavery. History says they were fighting to preserve the Union. But in doing so they were basically saying the states were not free and were subject to the federal government. JMO, but from everything I've read, that was not the intentions of the FFs. But for Douglass, who was born a slave, I completely understand why he felt the way he did. He had experienced that evil institution first hand. But I also think that narrowed his focus to where he did not see the entire significance of what the Civil War was about. It wasn't just about one thing. But making it about one thing makes it easier to villainize the South. And as they say, history is written by the victors.

I hadn’t read this before, but here’s an excerpt from a letter written by Fredrick Douglass six years after the end of the Civil War. Posted simply for the added perspective.

It was Frederick Douglas...of course he felt that way. Pretty sure there was plenty of understandable hatred boiling in him till the day he died, and it colored his perspective.

Always admired Frederick Douglass and have no doubt that's how he felt. Slavery was an evil institution. But there's more to the story than slavery. The North wasn't fighting to end slavery. History says they were fighting to preserve the Union. But in doing so they were basically saying the states were not free and were subject to the federal government. JMO, but from everything I've read, that was not the intentions of the FFs. But for Douglass, who was born a slave, I completely understand why he felt the way he did. He had experienced that evil institution first hand. But I also think that narrowed his focus to where he did not see the entire significance of what the Civil War was about. It wasn't just about one thing. But making it about one thing makes it easier to villainize the South. And as they say, history is written by the victors.
Wow...you said that so much better than me.

“With no spring practices and limited time with current players, there’s a real focus on recruiting right now as there’s more time being spent on recruiting this spring than ever before. It’s showing up for the Vols too, as they have made the cut and remain factors for some big time targets.

Tennessee continues to work edge guys with Demeioun Robinson coming off the board. Brian Niedermeyer has been working Keanu Koht extremely hard.”

- VQ

@HoleInTheRoof couldnt find a thread on this kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back