Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do long hauls? I may have some questions for you for some research I'm doing. Just trucking lingo, tech questions, etc
I used to but I do relays now, if you know what those are, so I’m home daily. But even for a young guy I’ve got about 7 years experience & most of it over the road long haul.

I used to but I do relays now, if you know what those are, so I’m home daily. But even for a young guy I’ve got about 7 years experience & most of it over the road long haul.

Good to know. My protagonist is a long haul driver and I want to makes sure I get everything right. If I can contact you via email if I have questions I would appreciate it!

You should use this place like I do...this is like the unfiltered version of me..It is cathartic to me, and it helps me.
Same. More like a never ending break room full of good buddies. Stop by every now and then poke your head in. Hear a joke tell a joke couple high fives and then get back to work!

Both of these are true for me. But I also agree with JacketVol. Sometimes the negativity gets to be too much. There's so much of it in the world already, it'd be nice to avoid it at times.

What loss of revenue has been experienced as of now? I am unsure how the financing of stadium renovation goes, but I would imagine the majority of it was done through booster donations prior to the beginning of the project.
A lot less will be distributed to the schools due to the loss of the NCAA tourney. That along with the unknown of when/if football will be played probably has an “non essential” expenditures to be put on hold until there is a better grip on the situation. These construction projects always run behind so it’s not that surprising they will be pushed to the back burner.

It's probably because you're the opposite that you 2 get along. A lot of my "opinionated" friends think I'm easy to get along with too😅

But seriously, a lot of my posts include "not trying to change anyone's mind".. because it's true. I it's extremely rare for that to happen, I'm just adding my 2 cents.
I'm perfectly ok knowing others feel completely the opposite. Some prefer an echo chamber but I think that's boring.
i think it's annoying....lol. most of the time, in my experience anyway, those types wind up in a "lowest common denominator" type argument, and i just don't have the patience for it...two or more people basically shouting at each other, neither being able to comprehend or beleive how the other can think the way they do...........yet they continue to go at it.........like the next point they make is gonna be the one that turns on the light bulb for the other............

Reactions: chargervol
Good to know. My protagonist is a long haul driver and I want to makes sure I get everything right. If I can contact you via email if I have questions I would appreciate it!
I also drive a truck. Been in business my entire life. Have 18 years experience legally and have logged over 2 million miles safe driving. If you need any help feel free to email me at stepnstone24@hotmail.com

Oh ****.
One of ladies at the Pilot, killed by the crazy truck driver, was one of my wife's oldest friends.
Damn it.
damn, that sucks...

speaking of truck drivers though.... my brother was clipped by a semi running a red light yesterday. fortunately just knocked the bumper loose on the car, but a couple feet the other way....oof.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I also drive a truck. Been in business my entire life. Have 18 years experience legally and have logged over 2 million miles safe driving. If you need any help feel free to email me at stepnstone24@hotmail.com
nicely done.......they give guys fairly big awards for achieving milestones like that at my company....good work!

A lot less will be distributed to the schools due to the loss of the NCAA tourney. That along with the unknown of when/if football will be played probably has an “non essential” expenditures to be put on hold until there is a better grip on the situation. These construction projects always run behind so it’s not that surprising they will be pushed to the back burner.
I looked up an article and it said 100% of the funding was going to come from private donations. I personally don't care for the planned renovations, so if they are on hold I'm happy with it.

Come on Bass. Ride it out. The distancing is making a difference and saving lives.
Is it? I’d like to think so, but with our government telling us that literally anyone who dies of anything but also has covid is classified as a covid death, we don’t even know how many have actually died from this thing. I’m beginning to think these models that have time and time again been shown to be utterly absurd, scared us into overreacting and shutting down our economy costing millions of jobs. The thing is contagious but death rate seems super low. It seems to me that there would’ve been a better way than this.

DFBB9BA4-84B1-44AB-B864-9D0F05BE0381.jpeg

damn, that sucks...

speaking of truck drivers though.... my brother was clipped by a semi running a red light yesterday. fortunately just knocked the bumper loose on the car, but a couple feet the other way....oof.
Glad your brother is ok. People's safety is my number 1 concern when I am behind the wheel.

I'm not sure if y'all are like me or not, but I can tell you exactly where and what I was doing for every memorable game we've had since about 1988 when I was 7 years old.

• '89 UCLA: in the bonus room with my dad listening to John Ward
  • '91 Florida: at the hospital with my granddad in ICU
  • '91 Notre Dame: in the bonus room with my dad with the TV muted and listening to John Ward (Sense a pattern? My dad and I got banished many times because of our wailing and gnashing of teeth.)
  • '95 Bama: on a hay ride on the above play
  • '98 Syracuse: mowing lawns with the radio on listening to John Ward
  • '98 Arkansas: on the way back from Knoxville on a youth trip in an argument with my then girlfriend, now wife
  • '98 NC game: at the future in-law's house where my future father-in-law had to drive me home because of the snow
  • '02 SC: in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge on cloud 9 after proposing to my wife at Grotto Falls that morning
  • '08 Georgia: at the hospital with my granddad-in-law (he would pass 3 weeks later)
  • '01 Florida: at home and shooting off fireworks after we won
  • '16 Georgia: at home yelling "suck it Georgia" in front of my 6 year old (great parenting award there)

I could go on an on. Not sure if this is just a knack, or if it's a common condition of bleeding orange.
congrats on nearly becoming a man

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back