Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, we're going to get through this. It's gonna hurt a little but we will prevail. Best thing to do is what the experts say. None of us know what they know. If you have older folks to worry about, keep them protected. If you're going to be around them, protect yourself. We'll be even stronger when we emerge from this crisis.

For a complete victory, we must learn from this. We are more dependent on China than we were of the middle east for our oil. We must move away from China for all our critical needs. Whether that means bringing it home or working with other countries that are not our enemies. It will take some time. We didn't get into this mess overnight.

We'll come out of this stronger. The economy will be even stronger than before. Wait for it. Be patient. It's going to happen.

Guys, we're going to get through this. It's gonna hurt a little but we will prevail. Best thing to do is what the experts say. None of us know what they know. If you have older folks to worry about, keep them protected. If you're going to be around them, protect yourself. We'll be even stronger when we emerge from this crisis.

For a complete victory, we must learn from this. We are more dependent on China than we were of the middle east for our oil. We must move away from China for all our critical needs. Whether that means bringing it home or working with other countries that are not our enemies. It will take some time. We didn't get into this mess overnight.

We'll come out of this stronger. The economy will be even stronger than before. Wait for it. Be patient. It's going to happen.
Man we’d be fine if people would quit panic buying. I can’t find groceries because people are hoarding food for no reason

Man we’d be fine if people would quit panic buying. I can’t find groceries because people are hoarding food for no reason

It’s some of that. But people are also buying for a week or more, which causes them to buy more. Some people normally frequent the grocery store 3/4 times per week but aren’t doing that right now. It’s also the only place that many people can go, so there is more volume in a condensed period of time. Other than mainly toilet paper or some other products, it is simply a man power issue.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Exactly. Basically we’re delaying the inevitable by self quarantining in terms of the disease, while harming society at large. I’m right out of college and a few of my friends have lost their jobs because of this. Small businesses are getting killed right now. I’m torn too and I don’t want to come off as cold. But all of this will have been a waste if the country collapses to stop a virus that kills 1% of the population

Millions dead is totally unacceptable losses, and Devo is right, that big of a loss would kill the economy also..

It seems like we are just screwed to me, the virus will get to everybody before a vaccine is available, from every model I have seen it is a certainty...all this is doing is dragging it out much much longer and giving health care a chance to save a few more lives...

Exactly. Basically we’re delaying the inevitable by self quarantining in terms of the disease, while harming society at large. I’m right out of college and a few of my friends have lost their jobs because of this. Small businesses are getting killed right now. I’m torn too and I don’t want to come off as cold. But all of this will have been a waste if the country collapses to stop a virus that kills 1% of the population
I’ve been fighting cancer for 8 months, my wife is a nurse and neither of us are working right now since I have no immune system. We have a 5 month old son. I promise you, that when you’re face to face with your mortality you won’t care about your job, anyone’s small business, or the economy because it won’t save you. People in here bitching and moaning about their “rights” and saying who cares about old and sick people dying have seriously misguided perceptions on what is of true value in this world. I pray for you morons every day that you don’t have to experience what I have to finally see that.

Gotta try and get to grocery before 8 am for one thing. They try and have a good bit of their product out before then if possible. 2nd, most stores I've been going to limit most items to 2 or 3 at most per customer so I've been able to get most everything I go for.

I’ve been fighting cancer for 8 months, my wife is a nurse and neither of us are working right now since I have no immune system. We have a 5 month old son. I promise you, that when you’re face to face with your mortality you won’t care about your job, anyone’s small business, or the economy because it won’t save you. People in here bitching and moaning about their “rights” and saying who cares about old and sick people dying have seriously misguided perceptions on what is of true value in this world. I pray for you morons every day that you don’t have to experience what I have to finally see that.
Prayers and well wishes for you and your family.

Try being in the 1%, but I do understand the economic impact of this on the other 99%. I’m torn also, I’m in the upper risk, but I worry for my son and his family, and their future.

SS. they say the models are predictions and not facts. If the doctors say it, why can’t you?

The models predict general ranges of results, and you are right, nobody knows exactly where that leads, only what most likely will happen. But you can say in absolute terms that mortality will increase dramatically if hospitals are overwhelmed. We have enough data at this point to say with near certainty that demand for hospital beds will greatly exceed available beds if this thing is allowed to grow exponentially. We can't say exactly what the magnitude of that crisis would be, only that there would be one. That's why Trump...a business guy...is willing to shut this place down, and why Trump backed off on the Easter thing. There is zero chance he would be backing off on that if Fauci wasn't telling him the real truth in private.

When a hurricane is bearing down on the coast, you don't know exactly where it will hit and how big it will be. We do know know that the damage increases with the square of the wind speed (or is it cube?), even if we don't know which buildings get destroyed. But the closer it gets, we can say with more and more certainty how bad it will be.

You should be allowed to stay at home without fear of losing money. Plus we should have socialized medicine so you don’t have to go bankrupt because you got sick.

I’m just saying that Forcing everyone to stay at home is stupid.

Reactions: bullet20
You should be allowed to stay at home without fear of losing money. Plus we should have socialized medicine so you don’t have to go bankrupt because you got sick.

I’m just saying that Forcing everyone to stay at home is stupid.
There are tens if not hundreds of thousands of adults and children afraid to get chemo because of how weak it makes them during this pandemic. There will be people suffering from heart attacks, organ failures that will not get treated in time because of supply and staffing shortages. People In every day emergency situations like car crashes may not live. The world did not stop having sick and hurt people outside of covid19. Staying home is not violating anyone’s rights it’s trying to prevent massive loss of life from more than just a virus. You guys are free to think and do what you please, and that is a good thing. I’m just telling you there is a much bigger picture and protecting our vulnerable isn’t stupid.

Praying for you brother. As far as old people go, don't worry about us. I'm 73, recovered from both prostate cancer and a heart attack (3 stents). I'm not going to live forever anyway.

This week the wife and I are vacationing in Sierra Vista, AZ and we climbed two mountains this week, Miller Peak up to 7500 ft and another one today to 6400 ft. I've never felt so alive than I have today.

To SSVOL, don't worry, we kept our social distancing. Funny, there was nobody else up there either day.

Do you have a Costco close? Went on Tuesday am (senior hour) and they had their normal meat selection and well as their prepared dishes (enchiladas, chicken Alfredo, pot pies). They are doing a good job stocking

Last edited:
Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Praying for you brother. As far as old people go, don't worry about us. I'm 73, recovered from both prostate cancer and a heart attack (3 stents). I'm not going to live forever anyway.

This week the wife and I are vacationing in Sierra Vista, AZ and we climbed two mountains this week, Miller Peak up to 7500 ft and another one today to 6400 ft. I've never felt so alive than I have today.

To SSVOL, don't worry, we kept our social distancing. Funny, there was nobody else up there either day.

🙂

There are tens if not hundreds of thousands of adults and children afraid to get chemo because of how weak it makes them during this pandemic. There will be people suffering from heart attacks, organ failures that will not get treated in time because of supply and staffing shortages. People In every day emergency situations like car crashes may not live. The world did not stop having sick and hurt people outside of covid19. Staying home is not violating anyone’s rights it’s trying to prevent massive loss of life from more than just a virus. You guys are free to think and do what you please, and that is a good thing. I’m just telling you there is a much bigger picture and protecting our vulnerable isn’t stupid.
Well death is an inevitability. Disease has and always will be part of life and the quarantine doesn’t stop that. It just makes it happen at a slower pace. It’s going to kill a bunch of people either way. That’s what makes it stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back