Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't dare go to a church holding a service but go ahead to Walmart enmasse to get all the tp you can..................Like I have stated, I think any church holding services right now is foolish. But rushing out to a Walmart, Target, Kroger or wherever and crossing paths with many other shoppers and then going thru checkouts with people back to back can be considered just as foolish if you think about. So we going to start arresting store mgrs if they don't have each customer at least 6' apart?

You're going to have to put more straw in your strawman if you want it to be convincing.

to what end?

what is the goal? there is a very sepcific circumstance that exists. so, in response to that circumstance, what should the goal be for our government?

then, what's the threshold (if there is one) that makes it ok for the government to step in? infection rates? mortailtiy rates? something else?

should the government also abstain from sending the checks to people? afterall, they wern' t made to close, many shut down on their own before any mandates were put in place, they made the choice. so why is the government stepping in there?

where do we stand on the government's involvement in medical supply management? should they get involved with NY and other states so medical companies won't allow bidding and priority orders? or is it ok, so long as everyone choose whether or not to participate in that bidding process?

at what point, if there is one, does the ability to choose not be the most imporant thing?

yeah...slippery slopes are a bi**ch.

and all we're doing here is going from extreme to extreme. this set of questions here is about as likely to happen as we are to become the next facsist state as a result of the measures being taken right now as you've suggested....

the truth: people do need parents, and for right now, we've been grounded. and we're being told it's for our own good. we didn't like it when our real parents told us that when we were kids, and we like it less now.

it doesn't make it any less true though.....

and when it's over, we won't be on our way to becoming the next Nazi Germany......preachers will go back to preaching. we'll all go back to making poor choices for oursleves....and in less than a few months, we'll all be arguing over something else.
Only time will tell where this all leads and if the right choices were made.

Not far off on this with the exception of RB. Give me the 1-2 punch of Jamal Lewis and Chuck Webb. That's one of the greatest 1-2 punches of any RB combo ever.

Unstoppable.
Yea i was going with versatility of kamara and foster both being able to catch particularly kamara could be a true slot too

Reactions: Brillovol
lmao That won't be happening soon. I may not always be right, but I don't think I'm wrong here. People should be following the government guidelines voluntarily, but the government shouldn't be making it mandatory. The funny thing is, we don't disagree that people should be doing it, just that the government should be ordering it.

You're a good guy, which is why I haven't been much of an ass hole, and why I've let the insults slide. I know you give as good as you get, but it wouldn't hurt you to be a little more respectful to someone who hasn't tried to disrespect you.
is there a goal?

you're missing a defensive player? if you're going another DL, i'm probably gonna go with Haynesworth. if Linebacker, gonna be hard to keep a guy like Kevin Burnette or Raynoch Thompson.

on the offensive side.......Arian Foster??? i think you probably put him in there just to generate reaction. so i'll just say i'd take several ahead of him..stewart, webb, cobb, garner, henry, lewis, johnny majors, grahm, hurd, stephens....i get it, Foster was good. and maybe, probably better than a few of the names i've listed. i just don't think his "want to" matched the upper end of his talent potential....and most of hte guys on my list, i think make up for any talent gap with that.

and i won't be mad at anyone that said they might want Casey at QB....for whatever gap in talent he has with manning, the dude was absolutely a winner and could lead...some will say holloway or robinson, wouldn't be mad at those either.......(i'm fine wiht Manning though :) ).....

as for WR...not really gonna argue, those are all solid. but willie gault....he'd be on my team....probably would take Meach's spot, and if you were doing a special teams, i'd have CP on that as KR/PR....my sub at WR would probably be....man...this one is tough.

lots of choices...tim mcgee, alvin harper, peerless, kent, kelly washington (head case, but super talented), meach, swain, nash...

i'd probably go with Meach, but it's a coin flip between him, peerless and Mcgee imo.

and if we were adding a TE...Witten.

kicker...Fuaaaad Revez....

Punter...pick a colquit, any colquit will do.

Nah man. Foster was the best all around RB in the NFL for 3-4 years imo.he wasn’t exactly running behind the best OLs in the league either. Was a stronger Leveon bell, a true 3 down back so i think He gives you way more versatility in your sets than others. Health was always his issue especially here.

Fosters 2010 year was ridiculous
1616 rush yards @ 4.9 a clip. 16TDs. Also added 66 catches for 606 and 2 more TDs.

I always felt like Foster was a good, not great runningback at UT. He was like Hurd with a better oline and without the power back highlights.

Nah man. Foster was the best all around RB in the NFL for 3-4 years imo.he wasn’t exactly running behind the best OLs in the league either. Was a stronger Leveon bell, a true 3 down back so i think He gives you way more versatility in your sets than others. Health was always his issue especially here.

Fosters 2010 year was ridiculous
1616 rush yards @ 4.9 a clip. 16TDs. Also added 66 catches for 606 and 2 more TDs.
meh. in college, he used ot piss me off. freaking fumbles in huge moments...i'm still not exactly thrilled with him against PSU in that citrus bowl game....

but, yeah, in the NFL, he proved much more capable than he did in college.

Reactions: Kristy*
a goal to what? It not being mandatory?
to any of it.

the plan, as presented is:
"you should stay home, but you don't have to if you don't want to"

if that's the policy of the US Government regarding it's measures on the coronavirus pandemic, what is the goal/purpose of this measure?

that's what i want to know. what are reasonable expectations for results, based on those measures?
any timelines on when to expect things to subside?
expectations on infection rates, mortiality rates?
expectations on impact to the economy?
should the american people expect anything to really change?

what's considered signs of progress? signs of setbacks?
is there a plan b, should things get worse? what would trigger that?

so far, i've been told:

"we'll see how it goes"

Sure, but do you think most Germans foresaw what they would become? People want to think "that could never happen here". I tend to think the Germans most likely thought that as well. If we don't stand up for our rights ourselves, no one else will do it for us.
I had a girlfriend( French national) whose grandfather decided that as the Americans were approaching their village, that the German soldiers had no right to be ordering them to do things. So he defied, and they shot. It was that simple.

i mean, as a general rule, yeah, i agree. i see it at work play out badly all the time. i don't agree with it there, and i don't agree with it in our governemnt....typically.

i think though, part of the problem here is the abolute unique, and unprecedented for our time, set of circumstances this particular crisis presents...not just here, but globally.

it doesn't sound like there's much of an appreciation by some for just what kind of impact that thing could have (and it's already leaving it's mark well placed, no matter what happens from here) if it's not put in check.

so while there may be some folks that don't like this or don't like that along the way, i'd say that likely is a selfishly motivated stance to take, because this thing simply doesn't go away unless the overwhelming majority of people actively participate in stopping it from spreading. and i'm sorry, people in generall are not going to get there on their own.....what good would that preacher's rights be, if 20% of his congregation winds up infected, and they infect others, and some % of those wind up dead? his right holds enough weight that shouldn't matter????? and keep in mind...he can still preach all he wants....no one's preventing that....just can't congregate.....

so, yeah, for this most extreme of circumstances...i'm willing to to make an exception........this isn't an every day type of thing, and it's something that the world hasn't had to deal with on this scale, all at the same time....in...well a very long time, if ever.

for now...stop being dumb....cause if you think this is bad....if people keep doing dumb things, then we'll really see what the governement's capable from a "one size fits all" standpoint....

Making rules/laws doesn't stop people from acting stupid. There two things that stop people from acting stupid: 1) the desire to do better; and 2)fear of the consequences of acting stupid. We consistently discourage the first because of the implicit judging that goes along with admitting any of us actually need to do better and we do everything in our power to eliminate the second because those consequences are mean-spirited or hateful. The result is millions of people acting stupid, thinking they should be allowed to do so and expecting to collect a check from someone else.

Mandates aren't going to fix that kind of stupid any more than the suggestions did. The idiots ignore the rules until they get sick and thenblame someone else for not stopping them from ignoring the rules. This is a special sick and twisted version of the twilight zone we're living in at the moment. Unfortunately no one has the stomach any more for letting people suffer the consequences of their actions and allowing society to learn from what they observe.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Quarantine Topic of the day. Give me one set on offense and defense that you would think would be the most unstoppable with Vols + 1 Sub on each.

Offense:

QB: Manning
RB: Arian Foster
HB/Slot: Kamara
WR1: Stallworth
WR2: Pickens
WR3: Meachem
OL: Trey Smith, DeLong, Munoz, Bob Johnson, Chad Clifton

Sub - C. Patterson

Defense:
DE: Reggie White & Adkins
Nose: John Henderson,
Edge; Leonard Little
LB: Mayo / Wilson
CB: Jason Allen
CB: Dale Carter
Strong Safety: Eric Berry
Free Safety: Deon Grant

Sub: Barnett.

Good luck getting a pass off with that Pass rush and Allen and carter jamming you at the line.

Stanley Morgan was better than any of the above WR. He played in a conservative ground control O at UT but check his NFL stats (4 time pro bowler) with over 10K receiving yards and this before the pass happy O of the 2000's. Not sure why he is overlooked in so many lists
Jamal Lewis over frequent fumble Foster.
Delong is a D line so remove him and Munoz and replace with Chip Kell (G) and Aaron Sears (T). He was a budding star until his tradegy.
Steve Kiner replaces Mayo. Bobby Majors was the equal to Deon Grant (at least in college).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back