Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth. Our guys are anti clutch out of timeouts or drawn up plays. They also just handed the ball to auburn and watched the 18-0 run. He should have called the timeout to stop auburn, not to coach our guys haha
Who's job is that to coach the guys up for the big moments. Who's job is it to teach them how to execute in the big moments. Hell who's job is it to make sure they can bring the ball up the court. Maybe the guy who gets paid $5 million a year should take some responsibility

Barnes put this on himself, If last year or the year before didnt end the way it did I think fans would be more patient. If Barnes hadn't pulled his stunt this off season then fans would be more patient. With the raise Barnes got expectations are going to be high. This isn't year 1 and we aren't in Kansas anymore.

What finish last year would give Tennessee fans more patience this year? Just out of curiosity.

I think of fans just objectively look at the roster they would have more patience. Judge this season based on what we have, where we started it and how we end it.

Blame Barnes for not getting Glover..it was known within the team and Barnes we had nobody running point with bone leaving and turner being hurt.Barnes is the reason why we don’t have a good ball handler and he had a easy picking in his own back yard.
Glover didn't want to play for TN per one of his asst coaches who is a friend. He wanted to get out of Knoxville.

I will say, I give credit to whoever has actually kept it legal for this long. Many grassroots groups have had to form to educate the politicians and, so far, they have staved off the idiots. Thank god for many that it has. Many serious addicts have chosen it over heroin, methadone, and avoided the fentanyl poison.

*Just looking up its legality, it apears the dummy Bammers have outlawed it there. Unfortunately, a dozen more states have current legislation to control it.
And that is so stupid..🤬 I am going to buy several pounds of it when I get the money and ride it out as long as I can. I really don't want to have to go back into pain mgmt just to be able to function. I have six extremely herniated discs, stenosis and spurring in my lower back and neck, two totally wrecked knees, hips and shoulders..

Not even counting the moderate to extreme chronic pain in my hands, feet and every other joint in my body is more than I can take unaided.

I would much rather take mitrogyna speciosa than pure opiates. It does not have the same pain killing strength, but it does make it bearable without all the clinical and societal side effects.

Man some of yall think the much better team should just never come back. We must have been trash to be up 17 on a top 15 team. They were supposed to just roll over.

Let's be real, we were pretty lucky to be up that much. They were 2 of 13 from 3s at one point...that is variance. Eventually those things tend to even out.

We lost by 5 to #14 on the road. Lol
Man some of yall think the much better team should just never come back. We must have been trash to be up 17 on a top 15 team. They were supposed to just roll over.

Let's be real, we were pretty lucky to be up that much. They were 2 of 13 from 3s at one point...that is variance. Eventually those things tend to even out.

We lost by 5 to #14 on the road. Lol

You are correct, but I think most of us are pissed at HOW they came back and won... we had 24 turnovers and let them go on a 18-0 run... if we had simply made some shots here and there on that run and didn't have as many stupid turnovers, we'd have won by 6+.... Yeah on paper we were not supposed to win, but you can't roll over and lose like that...

Vol fans prefer firing and hiring coaches every year.

It’s insane. Last year was the most entertained I have been while watching UT basketball since Pearl’s EE run. This was always going to be a year that was worse than last year, and this team has had chances to lock in a tourney bid. Yet here we are with the bitching and mosning. Thank God Barnes isn’t taking his retirement check and signed 3 top 40 players. Some people are insufferable.

So I guess the players have no responsibility to execute?
They do.

But sometimes coaches need to step in if for nothing else than to stop the bleeding for a minute.

The turnovers throughout the game and missed shots late were big.

There's one thing the coach can control when momentum swings like that and he chose not to exercise it.

I think he should have.

I'm not saying we should fire him or anything lol.

This is the first game all season that I would put on Rick and what he did or didn't do in the bench.

And who knows.. He calls the TO, we could've still lost.

But it was still a decision he made...

Disgusted with losing this game on many levels. I may be in the minority but I do not like Pearl and don't ever want him back at UT. We didn't lose due to officiating but I don't like how Pearl encourages his players to play on the borderline of being dirty and the refs let them get away with it...multiple uncalled shoves that were blatantly obvious.

That said, we lost because of low basketball IQ. Vescovi made some stupid fouls that put him on the bench. JJJ doesn't know yet how to be consistently aggressive and puts himself in bad spots. Fulkerson gets thrown off by physical play. Pons fades away and turns around on every shot when he should be facing up, jumping out of gym and drawing contact. Gaines isn't ready yet on offense. Nkamhua not ready.

We wasted Jordan Bowden performing at his best to a POS program, POS coach and POS racist fan base...Im sure you heard the "Go back to your country, this is America" crap. We have several good young players and will be back to SEC champion level soon once they improve and get help. Rant over.

We literally ran over multiple of their 3 point shooters uncalled
The second half they fouled us in every possession at every position on the court. They aloud them to be as physical as they wanted to be. Meanwhile they called phantom foul after phantom foul on our guys. It was a total hack job by the sec. It's corruption at it's finest.

In addition, Bruce was on the refs the whole first half. Literally Everytime they were on his end of the court. Barnes complains and he's immediately T'd up. It's obvious.

Last edited:
Pearl is a huge cheater. He's exactly where he belongs. There's a society within the SEC/NCAA that allows some to get away with anything. Pearl and Wade both have been caught, it's public knowledge but nothing is ever done. Meanwhile, Frank Martin and USCE has been delivered it's notice of allegations. Kansas, NC, and others have been caught and nothing happens. It's corrupt as hell.

They do.

But sometimes coaches need to step in if for nothing else than to stop the bleeding for a minute.

The turnovers throughout the game and missed shots late were big.

There's one thing the coach can control when momentum swings like that and he chose not to exercise it.

I think he should have.

I'm not saying we should fire him or anything lol.

This is the first game all season that I would put on Rick and what he did or didn't do in the bench.

And who knows.. He calls the TO, we could've still lost.

But it was still a decision he made...

Rick does not do enough in-game coaching. Maybe he is babying them in games because they are young and he doesn't want to hurt their confidence.

We do not handle pressure well. That can be taught.

Glad I slept through that debacle.

Barnes is still a good coach but damn...sounds like this one was a $h¡+ show on both the players and coaches.

Rick does not do enough in-game coaching. Maybe he is babying them in games because they are young and he doesn't want to hurt their confidence.

We do not handle pressure well. That can be taught.

I believe he prepares them between games and expects them to understand how to react. You can’t say he babying them because he would pull Jordan Bone at the drop of a hat early in his career, and then Bone gets drafted.

And that is so stupid..🤬 I am going to buy several pounds of it when I get the money and ride it out as long as I can. I really don't want to have to go back into pain mgmt just to be able to function. I have six extremely herniated discs, stenosis and spurring in my lower back and neck, two totally wrecked knees, hips and shoulders..

Not even counting the moderate to extreme chronic pain in my hands, feet and every other joint in my body is more than I can take unaided.

I would much rather take mitrogyna speciosa than pure opiates. It does not have the same pain killing strength, but it does make it bearable without all the clinical and societal side effects.
Were you a bull rider in a former life :):)

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back