Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmfaooooooooo

tenor.gif

Me too, fascinated with quantum mechanics, relativity , horizon and flatness problems, the measurement problem... Omega, , the cosmological constant.. the extreme fine tuning etc.

Wish there was an entertaining science thread. It's been tried but it turns into a weird nerd pizzing match with peeps saying incredibly boring stuff.

Just plagiarizing articles and using vocabulary they never otherwise would, except when trying their best to look smart.

Which ironically proves they're not intelligent enough to captivate an audience 🤷‍♂️

Speaking of all this, just found a show called The Expanse. Apparently been around for a while. But I love how scientifically accurate they try to be from a theoretical physics standpoint. Way different than any other science fiction you see. Only 2 episodes in but love it so far.

My favorite show right now. It does a good job trying to maintain realism (with obvious liberties).

The book series is also awesome. I'm on the last published book. There is only supposed to be one more for the series, probably coming this year.

Reactions: Sleegro
Speaking of all this, just found a show called The Expanse. Apparently been around for a while. But I love how scientifically accurate they try to be from a theoretical physics standpoint. Way different than any other science fiction you see. Only 2 episodes in but love it so far.

Favorite character is Amos. Love that dude. Can't wait until the next season.

Wish there was an entertaining science thread. It's been tried but it turns into a weird nerd pizzing match with peeps saying incredibly boring stuff.

Just plagiarizing articles and using vocabulary they never otherwise would, except when trying their best to look smart.

Which ironically proves they're not intelligent enough to captivate an audience 🤷‍♂️
I’m smarter than the average bear, but it’s close... and I distracted him with an eagle to get the edge

1581701960147.gif

I’d love to see a breakdown of who is recruiting what region.

Mississippi and Louisiana have produced more NFL players per capita than any other states, I believe.
I know Will Friend was ths primary on the Mississippi boys we got this cycle. He's a MS man himself. Pruitt has mentioned MS a couple times as an important area that UT hasn't historically pulled from.

I don't mean to come off that way if I do. Jargon is definitely a problem. Sometimes it's just the easiest way to describe something, but you are completely correct.

The best way to know if someone understands something is if they can successfully teach someone about that thing. The quantum stuff gets so weird that knowing I don't really understand it is painfully obvious.

I'd be up for a different thread on it, but I understand if it never works out.

Several years ago, I caught 8 mice in one night on glue pads. We lived near a soy bean field and they had just cut the beans and the mice invaded our home.
Glue pads work great! We put two at a time outside on consecutive nights, and the traps would disappear. We went, wth?

Then several days later we found the traps, empty, underneath a big juniper tree. We finally figured out that we had an owl coming for mice dinners. He would take the trap, mouse and all, up into the tree, eat the mouse, and then drop the trap on the ground. So we got rid of mice and fed the wildlife at the same time. Win-win (except for the mice).

Popped up on facebook today from memories. That seems like such a long time ago. He could have been an incredible wrestler had he stuck with it, but I really hope he gets a shot in the NFL. Always been a fan of him as a person since meeting him in high school.

Attachments

• 20200214_113455.jpg
    20200214_113455.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 132
I don't mean to come off that way if I do. Jargon is definitely a problem. Sometimes it's just the easiest way to describe something, but you are completely correct.

The best way to know if someone understands something is if they can successfully teach someone about that thing. The quantum stuff gets so weird that knowing I don't really understand it is painfully obvious.

I'd be up for a different thread on it, but I understand if it never works out.

Oh, was meaning you at all. But yeah, you nailed it. It's not about not understanding what they're saying at all, it's about the obvious attempt at what they're trying to do/prove.
Other than being forced to use the proper names "jargon", it's not difficult to discuss most things in layman's terms, better known as, less pretentious 😅

So you come out of hiding for this? Does this mean you think of all of us as animals since yer never around anymore? haha
Haha basically!!

Reading the forum on Monday after the coaching staff changes made me realize why I stopped coming around! Same tired argument over and over. So dramatic.

Stop crucifying me!!! 🙄

Reactions: Sleegro
Who wants to endorse my YouTube food vlog desires?

It's pretty simple, someone else's pays for and films me eating at various restaurants in TN. A first generation camaro to drive around in would also be required, otherwise I'll do it for FREE.

My favorite show right now. It does a good job trying to maintain realism (with obvious liberties).

The book series is also awesome. I'm on the last published book. There is only supposed to be one more for the series, probably coming this year.
Yeah it's great. This video is really cool too. Love the iceberg metaphor of world building.

Reactions: WriterVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back