Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s happy Rocker is gone? I was hoping he would stick around. Great improvement on the DL under him. Off the field role would have been a great move by Pruitt since he doesn’t like to recruit.
When muschamp is gone in October Rocker will be back in an off the field role this time next year. Just a short term.money grab.

Word from the twilight bark..going to take a shower now,you’re welcome.here is the link if y’all want to see some more juicy tid bits..because they are howling today

Tennessee’s exodus continues as Chris Rumph heads to the NFL
But are we REALLY losing a lot of staff? Rocker was moving to off field role anyway. Rumph wanted to go to NFL. That happens. Give me Jay Graham over YAC any day. We kept Niedermeyer because Sherrer left for NFL... win.

Guess they didn’t have much to talk about over there.

I just love that today started off with discussion about the nonsense David Johnson “trust” quote, and everyone being like “Lol, how could someone not trust what Pruitt is doing right now?”

And then, like f’ing clockwork, a couple of guys leave and we’re all in here debating whether or not we should trust Pruitt’s judgment.

It’s just so perfect. Couldn’t have scripted it any better.

[Chef’s kiss]

Bit of a strawman. It isn't necessarily about his judgment or criticizing anyone at all. Not sure why that leap in logic is made when an opinion is stated. Not everything is about criticizing other people. They are in the position they were in and had to make a decision. I don't think I've even seen anyone mention Pruitt himself (or maybe I missed it). If an expert steak chef has all of his prime cuts stolen and all he has to work with are flank and shank cuts, you're not going to criticize him for choosing one or the other. He has to. He doesn't have unlimited options. When you shrug your shoulders at your shank steak, that isn't a criticism of the chef. Not everything is personal.

Reactions: Exiled
But are we REALLY losing a lot of staff? Rocker was moving to off field role anyway. Rumph wanted to go to NFL. That happens. Give me Jay Graham over YAC any day. We kept Niedermeyer because Sherrer left for NFL... win.

I can't wait until they are whining about getting beat by the Vols. Hope it happens in '20.

Bit of a strawman here. It isn't necessarily about his judgment or criticizing anyone at all. Not sure why that leap in logic is made when an opinion is stated. Not everything is about criticizing other people. They are in the position they were in and had to make a decision. I don't think I've even seen anyone mention Pruitt himself (or maybe I missed it). If an expert steak chef has all of his prime cuts stolen and all he has to work with are flank and shank cuts, you're not going to criticize him for choosing one or the other. He has to. He doesn't have unlimited options. When you shrug your shoulders at your shank steak, that isn't a criticism of the chef. Not everything is personal.
All the "trust" questioning was a joke given YAC's trust comments.

I'm only comfortable because Pruitt is comfortable and it's on the defensive side of the ball. The replacements were so quick and I truly don't believe they have room to screw up.

Ron mentioned us not being familiar and I agree with that also. TBH, anyone not familiar with Osovet would be like, "huh?" But the main difference is we were familiar.

But I do agree that ultimately, we're just going to have to see. Nothing is proven.
Comfort by association. I like it.

i didn't ready any of these.

but i'd simply respone with the fact that had we been caught with our pants down on these, that would be one thing.

we weren't. there were plans. plans already implemented.

really, nothing to see here....and if i were them, or anyone in the SEC, i'd be more worried about who we got, than who we don't.

You say you “don’t read” these comments every time I post them lol if you read them fine,if you don’t fine.i simply post them because it’s interesting to see what other rival opponent are saying about other teams in the same conference,when they think they aren’t being watched or lurked on...the comments are interesting and comical,so In sense “they are caught with their pants down”

and that's the thing right?

i mean two guys leave for the NFL......feather in Pruitt's cap imo.
another guy takes a lateral move to FSU......meh.
and another that doesn't want to recruit seeks refuge at USCe, with the predisposed baggage of not being a hungry recruiter, so i say "good luck" USCe...they got a good teacher...but not someone that's going to upgrade the raw talent.

and we hired replacements for all of them.................literally w/in hours....the only thing that kept Osovet's and Nieds announcements at bay was getting Grahm signed to make allt he moves "official".

if anything........i think you almost have to be a little in awe of how well pruitt and co. executed their plans.

now, no one knows if all of these are going to work out just yet, but from an optics standpoint, we're not just taking fliers and getting "surprised" by guys leaving.

i think some are more, or should be, surprised at how deftly we filled the positions with quality candidates.....there's somethign to be said for a)putting the plan together and b) implementing it as deisgned.

You say you “don’t read” these comments every time I post them lol if you read them fine,if you don’t fine.i simply post them because it’s interesting to see what other rival opponent are saying about other teams in the same conference,when they think they aren’t being watched or lurked on...the comments are interesting and comical,so In sense “they are caught with their pants down”
what's the point? who's pants are down again?

lol.

Coaching carousel is just part of college football. But if you were one of the ones saying there was something going on at UGA & calling it a sinking ship, you can’t also be spinning all of our changes into a huge positive.

Could be some upgrades, could be some downgrades. Who knows. We’ll be fine either way.

Last edited:
Bit of a strawman. It isn't necessarily about his judgment or criticizing anyone at all. Not sure why that leap in logic is made when an opinion is stated. Not everything is about criticizing other people. They are in the position they were in and had to make a decision. I don't think I've even seen anyone mention Pruitt himself (or maybe I missed it). If an expert steak chef has all of his prime cuts stolen and all he has to work with are flank and shank cuts, you're not going to criticize him for choosing one or the other. He has to. He doesn't have unlimited options. When you shrug your shoulders at your shank steak, that isn't a criticism of the chef. Not everything is personal.

Yeah, I wasn’t really criticizing anyone. Just appreciating a good joke by the universe this morning.

All fair points they are emphasizing the no name hires more so than rocker and rumph leaving...sexy name hires are always headlines ya know👀🤷🏽‍♂️ But I’m waiting till this season to make a verdict personally lol I’m still a little gun shy on “no name hires” especially after Derek Dooley lol I still remember where I was when I got the KNS (alert text) when we hired him...sad day to say the least 👀😂😂

Reactions: volatil
Coaching carousel is just part of college football. But if you were one of the ones saying there was something going on at UGA & calling it a sinking ship, you can’t also be spinning all of our changes into a huge positive.

Could be some upgrades, could be some downgrades. Who knows. We’ll be fine other way.
Depends. Ga’s assistants left him to take lateral jobs. They weren’t being demoted or fired.

Our guys left either because they were being demoted (Rocker), or they took and NFL job in (Sherrer/Rumph). DJ, who left for family reasons, and Hughes, whose move makes no sense at all, are the only exceptions.

Depends. Ga’s assistants left him to take lateral jobs. They weren’t being demoted or fired.

Our guys left either because they were being demoted (Rocker), or they took and NFL job in (Sherrer/Rumph). DJ, who left for family reasons, and Hughes, whose move makes no sense at all, are the only exceptions.

Atlanta Vol said he and Muschamp were really close friends.

Reactions: Vols410
All fair points they are emphasizing the no name hires more so than rocker and rumph leaving...sexy name hires are always headlines ya know👀🤷🏽‍♂️ But I’m waiting till this season to make a verdict personally lol I’m still a little gun shy on “no name hires” especially after Derek Dooley lol I still remember where I was when I got the KNS (alert text) when we hired him...sad day to say the least 👀😂😂
i think we've already seen pruitt isn't dooley, and not sure why you or anyone else would want to hang on to that as a comparison at this point......... and none of the hires he's made are on the level of bringing in a sunseri to run a defense....except maybe helton, and he fixed that lol.

Could be some upgrades, could be some downgrades. Who knows. We’ll be fine other way.
yep
ga upgraded in a big way on their staff

pittman was the only one that i can recall that was a legit promotion.
and they lost coley in the process, who was their ACE supposedly, and the one they had to protect......

i'm not necessarily interested in comparing the situations....i'll just say that all things considered, i'm not convinced at all that we wound up on the losing end of any of these transactions.

maybe later on...but for now....let's go.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back