Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Sleegro

5⭐❤, Champion of Life, Brick, Realist
Yeah what the absolute F!? Can someone find out what the surgery was for and why he needed it?
Quavaris Crouch had shoulder surgery,” Pruitt said before Thursday evening’s Nashville-area recruiting celebration, “and again, it’s something that we just felt like it was better to go ahead and fix right now, the doctors did. He’ll be back and ready to go this summer

Ulysees E. McGill

Rage agai...aww eff it..just die.
You're right can't keep them in a bubble.
They have to perform bursts of real extreme violence every play of every game and practice...I think I understand the concept here. Football is a very violent sport, and if you can not handle playing tug of war with a giant doggy chew toy...I don't think you have any chance at all of lasting very long playing the game. I think Nick is projecting his playing around workouts to get in good physical shape onto preparing to play one of the most violent sports in the world with huge, strong and fast world class athletes..

Love ya Nick...but come on man..

Ulysees E. McGill

Rage agai...aww eff it..just die.
Everyone loved Butch’s “Circle of Life” before suddenly deciding it caused all of our injuries.
Funny that it had been a UT tradition under another name for as long as I could remember, and nobody ever whined about it...ever...Fulmer and Majors called it "Bull in the Ring" or something like that..

It didn't cause the injuries, being a bunch of outta shape soft big guys playing at football did.

Last edited:

nicksjuzunk

Lived through Night of the Living Mad Cow
They have to perform bursts of real extreme violence every play of every game and practice...I think I understand the concept here. Football is a very violent sport, and if you can not handle playing tug of war with a giant doggy chew toy...I don't think you have any chance at all of lasting very long playing the game. I think Nick is projecting his playing around workouts to get in good physical shape onto preparing to play one of the most violent sports in the world with huge, strong and fast world class athletes..

Last word, because I’m not up for the debate. I’ll summon @BruinVol to carry on 🤣

There is a risk to benefit ratio for everything. An activity with a direct sport specific carryover such as a full contact practice I would argue there are considerable benefits with marginal risks.

With the ring, there is no specific performance carry over (not a football movement) just a “Toughness” benefit. I would argue the explosive, violent movements with rapid change of direction are exponentially more risky for joint, ligament and tendon injuries. Therefore, I dislike the risk benefit ratio in this drill.

My opinion. It doesn’t matter since I am not their strength coach so we can move on, but at least you have my rationale

volsagain

Heck everybody loves Nick.

drvenner

BVS Survivor
Sometimes Mama needs to let her kid make the best decision they can for themselves with something like this. Mama needs to back off and let him make his decision and live with that decision.
Yeah. Because it always works out well for 18 year olds who ignore their parent's advice.

VN Store

Sponsors