Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee’s roster still won’t be close talent wise to UGA or UF next year. I agree, recruiting is going to have to hit another level if we’re going to get up there with those programs. Solid QB play could definitely help make some of that difference up though. Think we’ll be in that 7-9 win range next year. Could still see us dropping one of South Carolina or Kentucky.
Okay Lou.

Reactions: Dumpsterfirefan
Not to mention...

The utterly tone deaf comedy (Prank calling the bad guys? Please). I couldn’t tell if it was a Star Wars sequel or a Spaceballs sequal.

Luke is reduced to a sniveling coward with little effort to offer a compelling reason why.

The entire Cano Bight plot line was pointless.

The bad guys saving bullets (maybe? I guess) by sitting back and just waiting for the good guys to run out of gas while letting a couple of them just fly away on a pointless Cano Bight excursion. Something similar to the Kessel Run scene in Solo would have accomplished the same thing in a more exciting and sensible way.

Subverting audience expectations is a good thing if its challenging or interesting, but not if it just involves every single plot thread ending in massive letdown.

The Holdo storyline might have been decent if she had ordered Poe jettisoned into space for mutiny.

A lot of the social justice stuff was definitely force fit into the story, but even overlooking all that, it was a horrible movie within the context of the series.

I like new directions and twisty plots. I just don't think this one succeeded at it.

I've probably wasted enough of everyone's time on the subject, but I appreciate your reply.

Reactions: MrVolton
Bowden man.....what happened to you!!?

This offense isn’t built around Bowden it’s built around post players which we don’t have.bowden is a Rhythm shooter in a uptempo offense you would see a huge difference in this teams shooting percentage if Barnes adjusted his offense.

Eh we as UT fans are (as normal) overly critical of Warrior.

What I expect most NFL scouts see in Warrior is a 3 year starter that amassed 229 tackles and 5 ints (even returning 1 for a TD), he's got great size, was groomed by 2 of the most impressive secondary coaches in college football and then likely runs pretty fast.

Delpit played 40 games to Warrior's 41 (although Warrior's first 5 weren't as a starter), and amassed 199 tackles with 8 ints

I'm by no means saying Warrior goes early, but he'll get drafted I believe.

What? You think UT fans are overly critical of Vols? Never. Overly being the key word here, because more times than not we're proven wrong.

Only watched about three minutes of the 2nd half I was so frustrated. After Bowden missed another layup I turned it off for good.

I am solid Orange fan, but it makes me queasy to see pathetic displays. I will be there again Saturday watching on the tube.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Titans make the AFC Championship, Vols win 8 games in football.

Basketball was destined to have a setback...

We got 6 first year players, it’ll get better. Just need the chemistry to get settled & everyone to buy in on playing aggressive defense.

We only had 10 TOs, had we played better first half defense this would have been a closer game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back