Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just add the fifth star Farrell. Stop being the biggest douche canoe 15 years and counting.
He reaaally wants to string this out and sell himself as whiteknighting for a UT kid. So over the top, not sure if I even believe he is saying it all behind closed doors.

Maurer showed a spark but damn he was bad towards the end of the season.
He didn't play after he was injured at Bama except the first half of KY. He wasn't great, but he was far from really bad. Guy played better in the first half against GA than JG did all year and that was his first start. He was also looking really good against MSU until he got hurt as well.

Last edited:
He didn't play after he was injured at Bama except the first half of KY. He wasn't great, but he was far from really bad. Guy played better in the first half against GA than GA did all year and that was his first start. He was also looking really good against MSU until he got hurt as well.

Maurer is very talented and has a lot of energy to his game that people fed off of. He had a neck/spine injury that really threw him off and could never really get back in a groove at the end. I hope he stays.

Nah against UGA and miss state before his injury he played pretty well, especially for a 165lb freshman.
Haven’t gone back and watched the MSU game but did he not throw two terrible picks in the first half before he got knocked out of the game? Just haven’t been impressed with him whatsoever.

Maurer is very talented and has a lot of energy to his game that people fed off of. He had a neck/spine injury that really threw him off and could never really get back in a groove at the end. I hope he stays.
Agree. He is better than JG and has a lot more potential. Even though I don't think he'll beat out HB5. But if Bailey isn't playing this year, Maurer is the best option

He didn't play after he was injured at Bama except the first half of KY. He wasn't great, but he was far from really bad. Guy played better in the first half against GA than GA did all year and that was his first start. He was also looking really good against MSU until he got hurt as well.
He had some good throws and runs, but ultimately 2 RZ picks in 1 half. Far from really good.

Seems to be a consistent thing with our QBs. Great between the 20s...terrible in the RZ. The whole group needs to rid that disease.

Haven’t gone back and watched the MSU game but did he not throw two terrible picks in the first half before he got knocked out of the game? Just haven’t been impressed with him whatsoever.
Two in the end zone.

Maurer isn't as bad as some are saying.

But he isn't as good as others say either.

He needs development... Like most true freshman.

He had a bad habit of trying to do way too much especially down in the red zone like on that pic, but that’s just lack of experience more than anything. He had some good runs in that game too.

I’m not saying Maurer was gonna be a lock for starter or whatever but for a tiny freshman and a circus QB rotation, he had a lot of moments where he flashed. If he never gets hurt, he probably is our starter the rest of the way out. We pretty much changed our entire offense to fit him with all those RPOs so that tells me he wasn’t just a fill in. They wanted him to be there.

Ok. Just for the sake of discussion. Total hypothetical..

Let's say titans beat KC.. who would you rather play in the super bowl?

I have no clue, rodgers elite qb, sf nasty defense.....

Nah against UGA and miss state before his injury he played pretty well, especially for a 165lb freshman.

He just didn't have a rugged enough build to play in the SEC the way he wanted to play. Same impression against IU. Whether he will grow into it is yet to be seen.

He had some good throws and runs, but ultimately 2 RZ picks in 1 half.

Seems to be a consistent thing with our QBs. Great between the 20s...terrible in the RZ. The whole group needs to rid that disease.
1 of those picks were really bad. I blame the second one on his brain. It was right after he did the scorpion and he shouldn't have been in.

Agreed. If he leaves, then we are down to basically JT, JG, and Bailey. I doubt Holiday ends up at QB and Hill is a non factor. Then when Bailey wins the job, will JG transfer and leave us in a real bad situation? I hope like hell Maurer stays and develops.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Agree. He is better than JG and has a lot more potential. Even though I don't think he'll beat out HB5. But if Bailey isn't playing this year, Maurer is the best option
You know what you got with JG at this point and with us losing our top 3 pass catchers.... i don’t see him being able to lead us to victories against any of the big boys. We would have to win in other ways.

Two in the end zone.

Maurer isn't as bad as some are saying.

But he isn't as good as others say either.

He needs development... Like most true freshman.
I don't know who is saying he's great. I've said "potential". Kid has potential. Has the moxie, the arm, and is a true dual threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back