Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying with a gal I've been seeing who had to evacuate too😎

If you're looking for something to do nearby, go check out 5Church. They have a rooftop bar and it's a really cool environment. If you all are around for the weekend, it's one of ATL's best brunch locations.

Reactions: Catbone
There's a feeling around UT right now that UT is better when Tennessee people are in charge. That's why Fulmer was named AD, why Charlie Anderson chairs the athletics committee, why Randy Boyd is serving as interim president without taking a salary and why the hope was that Brian Noland would be chancellor. It's why Kara Lawson was appointed to the board, why Kellie Harper was hired to restore WBB, why Tee was brought in as assistant head coach and why Peyton remains very involved. These people care deeply about UT and the tradition of UT athletics. UT is better when UT is winning-- and these people are winners.

Much of the havoc of the past decade was too many people trying to push different personal agendas. So UT has been circling the wagons. It's why Charlie was at practice, why former players are helping current players and why our former HC is looking for solutions alongside the current one. What UT is not going to do right now is discard people without trying to help them... or go outside the program to do it. People who care are going to help this staff and this team be better.

I won't be posting much anymore, but I just wanted to reiterate that for anyone who's interested or cares. Go Vols!
Tee 4 HC confirmed.

In all seriousness, enjoy the sabbatical.

that's not the point.

the kid didn't fully participate in fall camp, entered the transfer portal and he got more PT than others that had been a full participant.

and the only reason he got as many reps as he did was to just get reps to hopefully develop him some so he could be utilized later on in the season.

in merit, i don't have an issue with that. but there's a way you do that, while not also putting the rest of the team in really bad spot.

not picking solely on KG here, cause he wasn't the only one that got a lot of reps that may be shouldn't have.

and keep in mind, i'm not mad about the # of reps. i do question the timing of them.

siap yesterday....decide what you're going to do, do it well, beat GSU in the 1st half and then play whoever you want the rest of the game.

the way they managed the game, they actually wound up taking reps away from other offensive players (qb's in particular) that could have used game reps.

it was a huge mistake the way they managed the personnel for that game......and i wouldn't be totally surprised if this was the way they wanted to make a point to some of the players on the team. put it on film and then you can't hide.

they never thought they'd lose though.

so everybody gets to learn i guess. the hard way. as usual.

No one knows why he got to play. Stop speculating.

Just like no one knows why he put himself in the transfer portal or why he was doing all that conditioning.

Yes the game was mismanaged.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Any thoughts on what the crowd will be like Saturday? Before last weekend, I thought the atmosphere would be electric with a solid OOC opponent coming in. Don’t know what to expect now.

There's a feeling around UT right now that UT is better when Tennessee people are in charge. That's why Fulmer was named AD, why Charlie Anderson chairs the athletics committee, why Randy Boyd is serving as interim president without taking a salary and why the hope was that Brian Noland would be chancellor. It's why Kara Lawson was appointed to the board, why Kellie Harper was hired to restore WBB, why Tee was brought in as assistant head coach and why Peyton remains very involved. These people care deeply about UT and the tradition of UT athletics. UT is better when UT is winning-- and these people are winners.

Much of the havoc of the past decade was too many people trying to push different personal agendas. So UT has been circling the wagons. It's why Charlie was at practice, why former players are helping current players and why our former HC is looking for solutions alongside the current one. What UT is not going to do right now is discard people without trying to help them... or go outside the program to do it. People who care are going to help this staff and this team be better.

I won't be posting much anymore, but I just wanted to reiterate that for anyone who's interested or cares. Go Vols!
I enjoy reading your posts and very much appreciate your perspective. I completely understand if you need or want to step away. I will look forward to reading what you do post in the future. GBO!!!!!

Any thoughts on what the crowd will be like Saturday? Before last weekend, I thought the atmosphere would be electric with a solid OOC opponent coming in. Don’t know what to expect now.
Per Hyams, it going to be 85K actual...look for around 10K of that to be BYU.

No one knows why he got to play. Stop speculating.

Just like no one knows why he put himself in the transfer portal or why he was doing all that conditioning.

Yes the game was mismanaged.
stop speculating? lol. might as well shut the board down then.

if that wasn't the reason, got any other reasonable reasons why he got all those reps? did they think the kid that hadn't practiced and was ready to transfer was really the best player?

c'mon.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
65k is my prediction.

"Hey, remember Dabo? Please ignore the 100,000 failed coaches behind the curtain that also got embarrassed regularly"

Reactions: jakez4ut
"Hey, remember Dabo? Please ignore the 100,000 failed coaches behind the curtain that also got embarrassed regularly"
yeah, there's some truth here obviously. if everybody was DAbo, then DAbo would have flamed out and been fired long ago. lol.

or everybody would be winning conference and national titles.

pick which one happens the most often............. lol.

I understand everyone is upset and embarrassed. But Pruitt HAS to be the guy, if not it sets us back realistically another 5 years if not more.

All of his players seem to really like him and all of our current recruits speak highly of him. Let's get his guys in here before we start a GoFundMe for his buyout.

I do have one issue with him and that is he is to loyal to some of his assistants. If they're not working out he's going to have to make a business decision and not a personal one.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Georgia State qb on his ability to sell the fake. Nothing to do with our loss to them, just always admired that. Can't stand the QB that bothers doing the fake handoff but doesn't sell it.

That guy had my eyes, our team, and all the TV cameras following the running back almost every keeper. Everyone should do it that way.

stop speculating? lol. might as well shut the board down then.

if that wasn't the reason, got any other reasonable reasons why he got all those reps? did they think the kid that hadn't practiced and was ready to transfer was really the best player?

c'mon.

They must see something they like.

I understand everyone is upset and embarrassed. But Pruitt HAS to be the guy, if not it sets us back realistically another 5 years if not more.

All of his players seem to really like him and all of our current recruits speak highly of him. Let's get his guys in here before we start a GoFundMe for his buyout.

I do have one issue with him and that is he is to loyal to some of his assistants. If their not working out he's going to have to make a business decision and not a personal one.
agree. but he did just change three guys on the staff after year one. he may be too loyal to a select few guys on the staff, but none of them, to date anyway, have done anything to warrant being fired....hopefully it stays that way....

i'm still in on seeing what it looks like by the end of year 4. but hard to ignore last saturday's giant gaffe....margin for error is thinner today than it was last wednesday.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back