Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you nerds in here know for sure if scholarships granted to walk-ons are for only a year or for the duration of their time at Tennessee? I don't know that I've ever thought about it before now, but I assumed they stayed on scholarship as long as they were on the roster.

I was trying to break down our current numbers, as bad of an idea as that may seem. lol.

Let's look at scholarship numbers

How many times have I told you to leave the technical thinking to us in the RF. Bless your heart. :)

Reactions: Sleegro
Just JJ’s last game at UT. No bigs.
I bet this is harder on the fans than it is on jj. It's unfair and total bs. But he's been through worse and has learned how to deal with this kinda thing. He's still gonna play and will still probably get drafted. I'm sure he'll handle this fine. Hopefully use it as motivation.

You bumped his recruiting thread to ask why he redshirted? And made everyone think he’s transferring? Since that should be the only relevant reason to bump a recruit from a prior class???

Do better.

Come down off your high horse. He had an honest question.

I hung out in the FF for years and found it just not my style. I like it here better but replies such as these cause me pause before posting in here. I guess I don't know the "unspoken rules". We're all just fans of the Vols.

Haha john ain't going anywhere. That's silly. Football guys had an article and said rumors that they think they can lure jim. It was the only nfl job they actually mentioned a potential replacement for so it seems like there may be legs to it.
Either way...I know yepper would love to hire John. That's all I was getting at. That's who he wants... Not necessarily who he gets

Reactions: Sleegro
I bet this is harder on the fans than it is on jj. It's unfair and total bs. But he's been through worse and has learned how to deal with this kinda thing. He's still gonna play and will still probably get drafted. I'm sure he'll handle this fine. Hopefully use it as motivation.

I’m angry at the ruling and really annoyed at how weak the response was.

Compare to how strongly they came out regarding the Plavsic ruling. That’s what I was looking for.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Is this kid still on the roster? How about Brown? In witness protection or what? I thought they’d both make early impacts given their size and our severe lack of depth at TE.
Both on the roster. DWA and Pope were plenty nuff to allow them to redshirt which I hear ad nauseum is the ideal goal for first year players.

Despite what your nun told you...watching UT boatrace others won't make you go blind.
I used the term “boatrace” in dinner conversation with friends a month or so back...mostly inspired by seeing it used on this board. Drew question marks and rushed googling...doesn’t mean what I thought. 😳

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back