Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting look at SEC teams' records 'straight up' as a betting favorite/underdog vs. SEC competition:

SCHOOL RECORD AS FAVORITE ; RECORD AS UNDERDOG
Alabama 6-2 ; 0-0
Arkansas 0-0 ; 0-8
Auburn 3-1 ; 2-2
Florida 5-0 ; 1-2
Georgia 7-1 ; 0-0
Kentucky 2-1 ; 1-4
LSU 7-0 ; 1-0
Mississippi State 2-1 ; 1-4
Missouri 3-3 ; 0-2
Ole Miss 2-1 ; 0-5
South Carolina 2-1 ; 1-4
Tennessee 1-0 ; 4-3
Texas A&M 4-1 ; 0-3
Vanderbilt 0-0 ; 1-7

Go to an 8-team playoff.

Move all FCS opponents to the spring as a replacement for the current scrimmage games (people would be football starved enough to pay much higher ticket prices, plus the actual game atmosphere/setting would be a million times more compelling).

Crown conference champions based on record rather than a title game. Would result in many co-champs but the programs wouldn't complain, because that's more to brag about and less of a potential handicap when playing a team in the playoffs that avoided its conference championship game and essentially got a free bye week.

I feel like someone comes after sherrer and then we go after Tosh.just me though👀🤷🏽‍♂️ A lot of openings here lately.
I think there will definitely be some shuffling but I don't see KS leaving for anything other than a huge promotion. Our staff is well paid and, from what I understand, are a pretty tight on and off the field. Plus, having a former HC as your AD, and one who's primary goal is the success of the football program, pays dividends.

The days of having our admin stand in the way of football program's success are over, Fulmer won't allow it--and he'll give this staff every available resource to ensure that it happens.

I think there will definitely be some shuffling but I don't see KS leaving for anything other than a huge promotion. Our staff is well paid and, from what I understand, are a pretty tight on and off the field. Plus, having a former HC as your AD, and one who's primary goal is the success of the football program, pays dividends.

The days of having our admin stand in the way or having of the football program's success are over, Fulmer won't allow it--and he'll give this staff every available resource to ensure that it happens.

I get all of that but you forget Kevin almost left last year and then was demoted and replaced by Ansley 👀🤷🏽‍♂️ I just feel like his background is stout enough to land him a head coaching job like Vandy,Memphis or even ole miss. Vandy and Ole miss being top two because they will want sec blood to lead but I must admit,it will be weird seeing Kevin as a HC👀

Rivera out as Carolina coach
I imagine the Panthers will stick to a NFL choice, but man there will be some college rumors for sure.

Going to call my shot now, they'll hire Dan Mullen. They need someone to fix Cam, Mullen is an excellent QB developer and has expressed interest in the NFL in the past. Even MMQB in SI mentioned today he'd be a potentially hot candidate this cycle.

Oh, and guess who also recruited Cam to Florida? Mullen.

Better QB, better RB, WRs are a wash and a better OC.
It's a good argument, but subjective. I don't think Lawrence is better than Tua and I am not convinced that Etienne is better than Harris. Tee, Amari and Ross are awesome. I still think Bama's are better, though not by much. I do agree about the OC.

Reactions: snowvols
Going to call my shot now, they'll hire Dan Mullen. They need someone to fix Cam, Mullen is an excellent QB developer and has expressed interest in the NFL in the past. Even MMQB in SI mentioned today he'd be a potentially hot candidate this cycle.

Oh, and guess who also recruited Cam to Florida? Mullen.
That would be great! I hope you are right.

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back