Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Utah winning out puts them into the CFP.

Mainly because Alabama without Tua just doesn't seem to be "elite" enough to go in ahead of a 1 loss conference champ. Utah's only loss being to USC on the road early in the season isn't nearly as bad as OU getting beat by Kansas State. Baylor could be in the mix if they can beat OU in the rematch.

Either way PAC-12 & Big 12 both could have 1 loss championship teams who played conference title games...not sure how you can put a 3rd in conference 1 loss Bama team ahead of either.

Auburn also has a good chance to beat Bama, and I think the committee is probably pulling for that outcome. It'll eliminate the argument for a 2nd SEC team making it, without question.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
UT in a bowl means a lot of revenue for the respective bowl. If we beat Candy I don’t see how we don’t get the Outback or Gator bowl. Don’t really see us ending up in the Music City bowl.

It’s sadly comical that JG still cannot complete a simple lateral pass to a RB
no. it's not.

lol.

it was so frustrating. and then he'd complete a ball that was 100x harder like it was nothing.

i was like...
SophisticatedSlimInvisiblerail-size_restricted.gif

and then......
giphy.gif

just rinsed and repated the whole game.

lol.

Rashaan Gaulden was waived by the Panthers today.
Played like an absolute bonehead yesterday.

Did not see the game. Care to elaborate on specifics? It's a tough business but figured he would play several years as a 3rd round pick. I wonder if Pruitt could have improved his position with one year.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Did not see the game. Care to elaborate on specifics? It's a tough business but figured he would play several years as a 3rd round pick. I wonder if Pruitt could have improved his position with one year.

From Panthers.com :

The Panthers have waived defensive back Rashaan Gaulden, the team’s third-round draft choice in 2018.
He played in 24 games with 13 total tackles on defense and seven on special teams, according to coaches' stats. This season, Gaulden has posted one tackle on defense and three stops on special teams.

Gaulden came out of Tennessee with intriguing versatility as a physical safety and big nickel prospect. But he struggled to earn a place in the defense and was primarily a special teams contributor.

Gaulden’s final game with the Panthers against New Orleans saw him involved in two mix-ups. He collided with punt returner DJ Moore and the ball bounced off Gaulden's leg leading to a Saints fumble recovery. He later was at the center of offsetting unnecessary roughness penalties when pushing and shoving escalated things following a kick return.

It’s sadly comical that JG still cannot complete a simple lateral pass to a RB

There were days when I would rewire an entire house, including the breaker box load center. Then come home and get my head stuck trying to get out of my thermal shirt.

So I'm just gonna sit quietly on this one.

His practice schedule doesn't have to be as limited as it is. That's part of the very conservative plan UT put together to mitigate risk. As long as he remains healthy, NFL team physicians could recommend a different plan. The way he's been playing, it's likely some teams will think he's worth the risk. Is the risk worth it for him? That's what Trey and his family will need to decide. Returning to UT for another year, where he's monitored very carefully and every precaution taken would have benefits for him. But it could come at a cost.
If he comes back, the university needs to get him one of those lucrative insurance policies. I wonder if the blood clots would be excluded in those policies though.

I think Utah winning out puts them into the CFP.

Mainly because Alabama without Tua just doesn't seem to be "elite" enough to go in ahead of a 1 loss conference champ. Utah's only loss being to USC on the road early in the season isn't nearly as bad as OU getting beat by Kansas State. Baylor could be in the mix if they can beat OU in the rematch.

Either way PAC-12 & Big 12 both could have 1 loss championship teams who played conference title games...not sure how you can put a 3rd in conference 1 loss Bama team ahead of either.

Auburn also has a good chance to beat Bama, and I think the committee is probably pulling for that outcome. It'll eliminate the argument for a 2nd SEC team making it, without question.
Its comical to hear alabama local sports radio on this subject lol. Every damn one of them, with exception to Cole Cublic, keep babbling about "four best teams" and how they cant keep bammer out because look at the talent they have. Hope Utah wins out and gets it, rightfully so, and bammer cries about it for the next 8 months.

Everybody killing Pruitt for Maurer coming in... Pruitt just said that Jg’s protective pad for his hand fell off and that’s why he came out for a play.

Maybe, just maybe, we don’t know everything that’s going on? Just a thought
I've been done second guessing Pruitt and how he handles the QBs. He has done nothing but prove me wrong.

SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Jarrett Guarantano, QB, Tennessee

• Tallied a career-high 415 passing yards to go along with two touchdowns on the SEC's No. 1 pass defense in a 24-20 victory at Missouri to give the Vols six wins and secure a bowl berth for the first time since 2016.
  • Guarantano finished 23-of-40 for 415 yards and two touchdowns with zero turnovers against a Tigers' defense that entered the game allowing only 297.6 total yards, including 165.9 passing yards.
  • Guarantano's performance marked the fourth-highest passing total in Tennessee history and the most passing yards in seven years. Only Peyton Manning and Tyler Bray have thrown for more yards in a single game in Tennessee history.
  • Guaranto spread the ball around equally as Tennessee had three different receivers eclipse 100 yards for the first time in school history.

SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK:
Trey Smith, OL, Tennessee

• Had Tennessee's highest offensive line grade and totaled six knockdowns as the Vols totaled a season-best 526 yards of total offense, including 415 passing yards, at Missouri in a 24-20 win.
  • Smith was dominant against one of the nation's best defenses. Missouri entered the game allowing only 297.6 total yards (10th in the nation) and had the SEC's best pass defense, allowing only 165.9 yards through the air per game (sixth in the nation).
  • Smith enabled QB Jarrett Guarantano to become only the third Vol QB to pass for 415 yards as UT had three 100-yard receivers for the first time in school history.

Its comical to hear alabama local sports radio on this subject lol. Every damn one of them, with exception to Cole Cublic, keep babbling about "four best teams" and how they cant keep bammer out because look at the talent they have. Hope Utah wins out and gets it, rightfully so, and bammer cries about it for the next 8 months.
And is so down they play like GA did in last year's bowl.

SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Jarrett Guarantano, QB, Tennessee

• Tallied a career-high 415 passing yards to go along with two touchdowns on the SEC's No. 1 pass defense in a 24-20 victory at Missouri to give the Vols six wins and secure a bowl berth for the first time since 2016.
  • Guarantano finished 23-of-40 for 415 yards and two touchdowns with zero turnovers against a Tigers' defense that entered the game allowing only 297.6 total yards, including 165.9 passing yards.
  • Guarantano's performance marked the fourth-highest passing total in Tennessee history and the most passing yards in seven years. Only Peyton Manning and Tyler Bray have thrown for more yards in a single game in Tennessee history.
  • Guaranto spread the ball around equally as Tennessee had three different receivers eclipse 100 yards for the first time in school history.
That is awesome!!!!!

SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK:
Trey Smith, OL, Tennessee

• Had Tennessee's highest offensive line grade and totaled six knockdowns as the Vols totaled a season-best 526 yards of total offense, including 415 passing yards, at Missouri in a 24-20 win.
  • Smith was dominant against one of the nation's best defenses. Missouri entered the game allowing only 297.6 total yards (10th in the nation) and had the SEC's best pass defense, allowing only 165.9 yards through the air per game (sixth in the nation).
  • Smith enabled QB Jarrett Guarantano to become only the third Vol QB to pass for 415 yards as UT had three 100-yard receivers for the first time in school history.
Yes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back