Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAB is 101 in Sagarin and 99 in ESPN FPI.

I am not an analytics expert, but most models/indexes use the strength of schedule and use the weakness of an opponent in its efficiency calculations. It's built-in and just winning doesn't account for everything. Being efficient against Chattanooga isn't the same as being efficient against Alabama.

Sagarin having SMU behind 3 losses teams though...not sure it's that good of a benchmark.

I think he changed the play because he thought it would work. That still does not make it anything other than a horrendously bad decision.
But he didn't change the play, if he did there wasn't another soul on that offense that knew about it. I dont have a problem with him checking to another play but that doesn't seem to be what he did.

I think he changed the play because he thought it would work. That still does not make it anything other than a horrendously bad decision.

I haven’t seen anyone defending the decision as it was just awful. I’m just defending him against those that are claiming his motive was anything other than trying to make a decision to help his team win

But he didn't change the play, if he did there wasn't another soul on that offense that knew about it. I dont have a problem with him checking to another play but that doesn't seem to be what he did.

Nobody wants to discuss this but I am convinced that rushing the team to the LOS meant a QB sneak was coming. Many teams do that in short yardage situations. At that point JG and I believe the rest of the team would have run a sneak BUT then 74 was late getting lined up and the communication broke down and JG screwed it up.

I think that’s a situation where if you rush to the LOS a sneak if called and if not another play is called

I’d like to know the exactly truth but it’s clear we aren’t going to know

Ok guys here is this weeks question.
Are we going to be relying HEAVILY on the run against South Carolina Saturday ?
I suspect the running backs going to get a good work out Saturday.
Most Important game for the rest of the season right here imo. BIG BIG recruiting day for sure !!!!

Run run run run run and then run some more

Don’t be afraid to punt.

17-13 win
Ok guys here is this weeks question.
Are we going to be relying HEAVILY on the run against South Carolina Saturday ?
I suspect the running backs going to get a good work out Saturday.
Most Important game for the rest of the season right here imo. BIG BIG recruiting day for sure !!!!

Reactions: scvolfan7
Tony B confirming that his insiders say JG gets the start Saturday. Let’s hope BM is back by UAB.
I will be giving my tickets to someone in my family then. I don’t feel like watching a gut wrenching loss with that loser as our QB. That is over six hours of driving for one day. I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back