Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

drvenner

BVS Survivor
They should. As I’ve been saying all year, Braves won the division in spite of him. He hurts then far more than helps. It’s talent that won for the Braves. Snit himself has cost them at least 2 games in this series alone.
What about all those decisions he made during the season that led to wins. In not saying that they should keep him, but hindsight is still always 20/20. You really don't win as many games as they did despite the manager.

SaguaroVols

Lol at y'all thinking today was a bad day for Braves fans. It was only the NLDS. Simmer down.

I grew up a fan in the 90's watching Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, and Chipper play.

That's 4 HOF's right there playing together.

And we only win ONE championship?

That in itself is criminal. It was a great time and also the worst time to be a Braves fan.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Lol at y'all thinking today was a bad day for Braves fans. It was only the NLDS. Simmer down.

I grew up a fan in the 90's watching Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, and Chipper play.

That's 4 HOF's right there playing together.

And we only win ONE championship?

That in itself is criminal. It was a great time and also the worst time to be a Braves fan.
Unless you were one before or after that timeframe.

Pane di mais

The SEC is rigged
Hopefully he wins. Butch was close to getting there. He had the right idea on some things. He sold the program and university very well early on.
Yes he was. I always thought Butch lost it when we tried to run the clock out for the entire second half against Okla. And then, when it was so obvious that his timidity had cost us THE statement game the previous week, he did the exact same thing the following week, looking again VERY scared and throwing away a lead by trying to go down on one knee for the whole second half against FL. He had a lot of braggadocio but no confidence. I confess I lost all confidence in him right there. He was scared to play a big intersectional team. And he was afraid of Florida. It was over. He had the horses. And he was about to load up.

What about all those decisions he made during the season that led to wins. In not saying that they should keep him, but hindsight is still always 20/20. You really don't win as many games as they did despite the manager.
You’ll struggle to find any of those examples. And it isn’t hindsight when I’ve been saying this since before the season and all year long. I literally told everyone this would happen. That’s foresight not hindsight

RiotVol

I Am Jack's Complete Lack of Surprise
Yes he was. I always thought Butch lost it when we tried to run the clock out for the entire second half against Okla. And then, when it was so obvious that his timidity had cost us THE statement game the previous week, he did the exact same thing the following week, looking again VERY scared and throwing away a lead by trying to go down on one knee for the whole second half against FL. He had a lot of braggadocio but no confidence. I confess I lost all confidence in him right there. He was scared to play a big intersectional team. And he was afraid of Florida. It was over. He had the horses. And he was about to load up.
You have to have a killer instinct to coach big boy football. That was the one thing that I think Kiffin understood better than anyone. If you want 18-22 year old boys to follow you into the flames, you can't be scared of the fire.

HankHill

Mike Leach Stan
Yea, man could you imagine if Lincoln riley has those 15 and 16 teams. Dobbs, kamara, Hurd, JK, Malone, Preston Williams etc. have to believe we would’ve at least been to Atlanta both years.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Yea, man could you imagine if Lincoln riley has those 15 and 16 teams. Dobbs, kamara, Hurd, JK, Malone, Preston Williams etc. have to believe we would’ve at least been to Atlanta both years.
Can I imagine hiring East Carolina’s OC as our HC? Can imagine the THREADS from that hire. 😎

chargervol

Waiting on next year since 2001
Exactly.

Besides, we're (hypothetically) asking him to score 39+ vs ga st. That loss still hangs heavily on defense.

BYU...yes i'd like to think we can beat a team with 13 pts with 17 seconds left. BUT if he played like he did vs Chatt or UF he would've been pulled regardless. LOVE what he did vs uga, but people acting like he's shown that all year are kidding themselves.

Those 2 weeks off did wonders and hopefully wasn't just an anomaly. Bad practice report yesterday is also hopefully an anomaly and he didn't get Guarantano'd with those hits vs UGA. I do wonder if he was concussed Saturday.
Don't think it was an anomaly, just an opinion. I think he has talent and will become consistent and only get better.

Wts, I agree with the rest of your post. He's a true freshman and learning & growing into a role. Don't buy the "he shoulda been the starter all along" stuff.
Definitely revisionist, he wasn't ready earlier. And he's still gonna make mistakes but I have no doubt that it's his team now.

VN Store

Sponsors