Recruiting Forum 90 Day Weight Loss Thread

Week started off rough, but ending nicely. Gonna be a smaller decrease this time, but a decrease none-the-less.

Was down this morning, just gotta stay on task this weekend and try to keep the water intake up.

Seems like every Friday morning I weigh-in and all looks fantastic, then by Sunday or Monday morning I've lost it cause the water intake wasn't high enough or something.

Did you poop

Good question, but no. My stomach feels great, since I'm pretty used to fasting at this point. When I wasn't experienced with fasting, I was not wise with my food choices, and I would eat too much, too fast, and the wrong kinds of foods. Too much fiber and protein will keep you running to the bathroom.

The trick is to break your fast with a couple of light foods, staying away from fiber and carbohydrates. My go-to is bone broth, parmesan cheese, and a tablespoon of MCT oil. When you're body is fasting, your metabolic system is very sensitive. Carbohydrates will spike your insulin, so save the carbs for a larger meal 20 or 30 minutes after you break the fast. Probiotics have also been very helpful in keeping me regular. I drink kombucha tea often, but others find that probiotic yogurts are helpful. Gut health is often neglected, but it's incredibly important to your overall wellness.

Good question, but no. My stomach feels great, since I'm pretty used to fasting at this point. When I wasn't experienced with fasting, I was not wise with my food choices, and I would eat too much, too fast, and the wrong kinds of foods. Too much fiber and protein will keep you running to the bathroom.
The trick is to break your fast with a couple of light foods, staying away from fiber and carbohydrates. My go-to is bone broth, parmesan cheese, and a tablespoon of MCT oil. When you're body is fasting, your metabolic system is very sensitive. Carbohydrates will spike your insulin, so save the carbs for a larger meal 20 or 30 minutes after you break the fast. Probiotics have also been very helpful in keeping me regular. I drink kombucha tea often, but others find that probiotic yogurts are helpful. Gut health is often neglected, but it's incredibly important to your overall wellness.
I’m pretty used to fasting now as well. Been eating around 3 for the first time. So 2 meals a day. I have noticed a change in my “gut health” the last 3 weeks especially. I have some probiotics that I need to start taking again.

I hit 256 this morning though!

Last edited:
Reactions: GoVolsDR
Still 240.

Only got to the gym twice this past week. Since I gained all my weight, I get really bad back pains every couple of months. It lasts for a few days and it happened again this week.

Feeling better now. Back to the gym in the morning. Gotta get into the 230s.

Worked out for the first time in a while Wednesday. Sore as heck for 3-4 days. Arms were killing me. But I was down this week. 235 this AM. 10 lbs from my original goal of 225. Thinking of lowering my goal a little.

Clothes are loose. Wife says let's get you some new clothes. I said "I ain't done yet". I've poked three new holes in my belt and I've got about 12" of belt past the buckle. Wife says at least get a new belt. I say "Nope, this is a reminder of how far I've come. I've got a few more holes to poke ".

Edit: correction! I was 234 this morning.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back