Recruiting Forum 90 Day Weight Loss Thread

VolDaddy87

approves this message.
Fell off the wagon, got ran over too. Had some setbacks, catching up with work, gained 5 or 6 back. Hopefully I'll get back on track pretty quick. I feel horrible.

MoCo_Vol

Nice! I've been trying to keep carbs under 150.
I guess 50 is "keto" level, but my doctor said he thought 150 was a more reasonable goal. I allowed myself a biscuit at lunch today though...but went with chicken, pinto beans, & green beans from Bojangles.

Not the "healthiest" option, but I was coming back to work from the gym and just didn't want to heat up soup or rice again lol

I guess 50 is "keto" level, but my doctor said he thought 150 was a more reasonable goal. I allowed myself a biscuit at lunch today though...but went with chicken, pinto beans, & green beans from Bojangles.

Not the "healthiest" option, but I was coming back to work from the gym and just didn't want to heat up soup or rice again lol
You can find all that in MFP

Pinto beans = 110 cals 20 carbs
Green beans = 40 cals 8 carbs

MoCo_Vol

You can find all that in MFP

Pinto beans = 110 cals 20 carbs
Green beans = 40 cals 8 carbs
According to MFP I was at 93g carbs and about 800 calories for the meal. I usually try to stick to 600-900 per meal (only eating 3 meals a day). My breakfast is normally well below 600 though since I just have 3 eggs and 4 slices of bacon.

MoCo_Vol

Lol. I've learned to eat and eat a lot and keep the carbs low. It was hard at first but not so much now.
twss

Yeah I -can- do it, but I don't know if it's just the way my body works I don't seem to have the same level of drastic weight loss from Keto as others. I'll be honest though I've never invested the time to fully research it.

Oddly enough from a pure diet standpoint, I lost the most weight doing the Mediterranean diet which is very carb heavy (although it's natural/whole wheat carbs). Still have to limit refined carbs and sugar/red meat are very much avoided. I would mostly eat brown rice, whole wheat pastas, fish and lots of veggies and some fruit.

InVOLuntary

twss

Yeah I -can- do it, but I don't if it's just the way my body works I don't seem to have the same level of drastic weight loss from Keto as others. I'll be honest though I've never invested the time to fully research it.

Oddly enough from a pure diet standpoint, I lost the most weight doing the Mediterranean diet which is very carb heavy (although it's natural/whole wheat carbs). Still have to limit refined carbs and sugar/red meat are very much avoided. I would mostly eat brown rice, whole wheat pastas, fish and lots of veggies and some fruit.
Once I reach my target weight I may start introducing some carbs back. I may look at the Mediterranean diet to do it.

MoCo_Vol

Once I reach my target weight I may start introducing some carbs back. I may look at the Mediterranean diet to do it.
Biggest advantage of it to me was that the food was easier to store and kept longer, and a bit easier to make large meals.

We'd throw together a big salad and some whole wheat pasta + sauce and have leftovers for at least a day or two. Or make red beans & rice portion out 4-6 meals pretty easily. I also love fish, a nice trick I used to do is we'd have whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce and I'd put a packet of salmon into mine.

InVOLuntary

After multiple days of being at 260 I made it to 259.4. I still feel like it should be coming off faster with weights + cardio 5x a week and 1500-1900 calories a day
I'm a big believer in not counting calories and counting carbs. I'm never hungry and eat a bunch. Yesterday for brunch I had 2 sausage egg and cheese breakfast burritos, one egg each and one sausage patty each, and a couple or three additional pieces of sausage. Last night for dinner I had two huge blackened chicken soft tacos with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese and a chipotle lime dressing. And then did a the same thing in a bowl to avoid the tortilla. Probably less than 25 grams of carbs all day.

I don't know how long you've been working out but when I started back (Not doing it now) it took a bit for the benefits to show up. I was sore which is normal but I figured the slow start was attributed to fluid from your muscles swelling from the sudden trauma. After about a week or so when the soreness started to subside, the weight started really coming off. This is unscientific as heck but that was my theory.

VN Store

Sponsors