QB- Tayven Jackson

RB- Dylan Sampson, Justin Williams

TE- Brody Foley

WR- Chas Nimrom, Marquarius White, Cameron Miller, Kaleb Webb

OL- Addison Nichols, Maurice Clipper, Jr., Brian Grant, Masai Reddick

DL- Jordan Phillips, D’Andre Martin, Walter Nolen

LEO- James Pearce, Joshua Josephs

LB- Elijah Herring, Kalib Perry, DeMario Tolan, Sebastian Cheeks

CB- Jourdon Thomas, Christian Harrison, Keionte Scott (JUCO)

S- Kody Jones

The two biggest stretches are Nolan and Cheeks, but I think we end up with at least 2 guys we’re not currently considered “in the lead” for and they both make sense. Martin may be the next biggest stretch, but only because the staff may feel we can get someone better. The Edge who was committed to Tulane might be his replacement if RG wants him more.

The rest of these guys look to me like very realistic possibilities…in fact, Tennessee is the favorite for most of them. I’d be very happy with this class.

This is my best guess finish (already committed in bold):

QB- Tayven Jackson

TE- Brody Foley

S- Kody Jones

The two biggest stretches are Nolan and Cheeks, but I think we end up with at least 2 guys we’re not currently considered “in the lead” for and they both make sense. Martin may be the next biggest stretch, but only because the staff may feel we can get someone better. The Edge who was committed to Tulane might be his replacement if RG wants him more.

The rest of these guys look to me like very realistic possibilities…in fact, Tennessee is the favorite for most of them. I’d be very happy with this class.

That is a strong LB class which is very much needed. Good list!

I could also see the Jacas EDGE kid who was a Tulane kid being in this class instead of Martin. Actually, that's probably more likely.

QB- Tayven Jackson

TE- Brody Foley

S- Kody Jones

Jourdan Thomas trending elsewhere and Keionte Scott likely going to Oregon. Martin just came off a visit to SC and got some crystal balls. Nolen sticking with A&M

QB- Tayven Jackson

TE- Brody Foley

S- Kody Jones

Did we just get a commitment from Joshua Josephs? Haven't heard much on him.

That is a strong LB class which is very much needed. Good list!

I don't follow the recruiting closely. Why do you feel the LB recruits are good?

How many stars do the 4 recruits rate? Just curious. I know it is hard to determine desire and commitment to succeed.

I am not sure who of these young men will actually come to TN but my guess is that our class falls outside the top 15 but under 20. Since we are already at 27 that is not too much of a stretch. For this coaching staff to get us under 20th spot with the NCAA stuff and coming in late on all of these young men is commendable.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I don't follow the recruiting closely. Why do you feel the LB recruits are good?

How many stars do the 4 recruits rate? Just curious. I know it is hard to determine desire and commitment to succeed.

Tolan (LSU commit) and Cheeks are both 4 stars. Herring is an under-the-radar guy who could be the steal of the class (his younger brother is also a LB and might be the top player in the state next year). Take all of this with a grain of salt as you are correct - desire, commitment, and patience makes a huge impact on these guys.

VN Store

Back