Recruiting class prediction (Post Spring game)

VOLUNTEERSZN

The Original #WRU
Figured I’d do another one of these since it’s after the spring game and a lot more offers have sent out. I probably won’t do another one until after the summer before the season starts:

First off: I’m not sure how many were taking so I’m gonna keep it as close to 25 as possible Also, just because they’re committed now doesn’t mean they will be in February. I’ve also placed my prediction for what position they’ll play for the ATHs and others..

5⭐
TE Arik Gilbert
DT Justin Rogers
WR Rakim Jarrett

4⭐
OT Tate Ratledge
QB Harrison Bailey (could bump to a 5 with a great elite 11 performance)
DE Jay Hardy
DE Jacolbe Cowan
S Keshawn Lawrence
OG Marcus Henderson
WR Muhsin Muhammad (could be Zevian Capers or Darin Turner here, also)
OLB Tyler Baron
OLB BJ Ojulari (might move him inside)
CB Javier Morton (this’ll be the big flip)
OLB Jordan Davis (JUCO)
DT Dominic Bailey
WR Kris Abrams Draine
RB Daijun Edwards (this could be Tee Hodge or even Tank Bigsby in this spot though)
ILB Martavius French
CB De’Arre McDonald (idek if we have offered yet but I don’t see Pruitt just letting a 4⭐️ DB walk out of the state. I think he’ll camp and get one if he already doesn’t)

3⭐
C Cooper Mays (could be bumped to a 4 eventually)
DT Trevonn Rybka
RB Ebony Jackson
WR Kobe Stewart (this could also be Elijah Young)
OG Xavier Hill
DE Deontae Craig
OT Ray Curry (this could also be Richie Leonard, but I feel this is more likely)

2⭐
LS Will Albright (top ranked Long Snapper)

In the 247 sports Calculator this would give us a composite score of 298. to compare, a 298 would’ve given us the number 3 class in the nation in 2019. It’s likely that nobody is catching Clemson for the number 1 spot, but this would be good enough for top 5, maybe top 3.

Notes:
We’re taking a full OL Class again. After Tate and Cooper, it’ll turn into whoever we can get. I don’t think as a whole it’ll be as strong as last years, but still a good class

The only way we take a TE is if we can get Gilbert or Washington

I don’t see us going heavy on DBs but Ansley is a great recruiter and should pull some studs

I see us definitely taking 4 WRs and going for more of speed guys than possession guys. This team needs some wheels badly

This will be the best DL class since 2015, except now that we have a real coach this one will pan out

Although there’s rumors out there, I really don’t see us taking 2 QBs

The Calloway kid will eventually decommit and go elsewhere because we Likely won’t have the room. Probably Georgia Tech.

We do a much better job at keeping guys home but some will still leave

I don’t see us taking a transfer unless someone huge comes out (an example.. Gus has a bad season and gets fired, which makes Owen Pappoe enter the portal. That would be a take. Or Olaijah Griffin enters the portal after Clay Helton is fires at USC.. y’all get the point)

Last edited:
Arik Gilbert seems Georgia bound. AV posted something positive in the Darnell Washington thread.. I think DW is the more likely TE of the two. But I do think we need at least one TE this class, just one.

Down for prioritizing Ratledge and Mays on OL. After that, I'm good with anyone we can develop.. in 2020, we'll still have a good chunk of our OL, minus Kennedy only, basically. Definitely down with taking 4. Is 4* OT Chris Morris out of Memphis still possible?

Tee told Draine that we're taking 3 WRs this class, but I guess everything is fluid. Snag him, Jarrett, and another and we'll be fine.

DL talent is deep this year. I like who we have already, plus Rogers and Baron. There is plenty of wiggle room both inside and outside.

I'm less sure about LB, and that's going to need to be addressed with Bituli graduating (and DKJr is pretty much halfway out the door anyway). We have pieces from the last two years, but we can't take a class off. I feel like we'll have to win some games ahead of schedule to pull either of the pair of Memphis LBs.

In the secondary, it seems like Lawrence is a slow lock, but that's it. I'm sure there are more options than we know about on the forum, and there's plenty of time to scout and and recruit.

In April this is a Fool's Errand but hey, knock yourself out. I'm gonna go ahead and prophesy that 75% of our final class will be guys you haven't even mentioned.

In April this is a Fool's Errand but hey, knock yourself out. I'm gonna go ahead and prophesy that 75% of our final class will be guys you haven't even mentioned.
agree.

but....i'd take that class right now lol. that'd be great. so, sign me up.

Reactions: Maxims4life
I mean half of these guys are either in state, already committed or will be committed by August. This isn’t far fetched at all

5⭐
TE Arik Gilbert - no
DT Justin Rogers - yeah
WR Rakim Jarrett - yeah

4⭐
OT Tate Ratledge - no
QB Harrison Bailey (could bump to a 5 with a great elite 11 performance) - committed
DE Jay Hardy - yeah
DE Jacolbe Cowan - yeah
S Keshawn Lawrence - yeah
OG Marcus Henderson - no
WR Muhsin Muhammad (could be Zevian Capers or Darin Turner here, also) - no
OLB Tyler Baron - yeah
OLB BJ Ojulari (might move him inside) - push
CB Javier Morton (this’ll be the big flip) - no
OLB Jordan Davis (JUCO) - push
DT Dominic Bailey - committed
WR Kris Abrams Draine - yeah
RB Daijun Edwards (this could be Tee Hodge or even Tank Bigsby in this spot though) - no
ILB Martavius French - no
CB De’Arre McDonald (idek if we have offered yet but I don’t see Pruitt just letting a 4⭐️ DB walk out of the state. I think he’ll camp and get one if he already doesn’t) - no

3⭐
C Cooper Mays (could be bumped to a 4 eventually) - yes
DT Trevonn Rybka - yes
RB Ebony Jackson - committed
WR Kobe Stewart (this could also be Elijah Young) - if we push
OG Xavier Hill - no
DE Deontae Craig - no
OT Ray Curry (this could also be Richie Leonard, but I feel this is more likely) - down on the board

Reactions: GableVol
Arik Gilbert seems Georgia bound. AV posted something positive in the Darnell Washington thread.. I think DW is the more likely TE of the two. But I do think we need at least one TE this class, just one.

Down for prioritizing Ratledge and Mays on OL. After that, I'm good with anyone we can develop.. in 2020, we'll still have a good chunk of our OL, minus Kennedy only, basically. Definitely down with taking 4. Is 4* OT Chris Morris out of Memphis still possible?

Tee told Draine that we're taking 3 WRs this class, but I guess everything is fluid. Snag him, Jarrett, and another and we'll be fine.

DL talent is deep this year. I like who we have already, plus Rogers and Baron. There is plenty of wiggle room both inside and outside.

I'm less sure about LB, and that's going to need to be addressed with Bituli graduating (and DKJr is pretty much halfway out the door anyway). We have pieces from the last two years, but we can't take a class off. I feel like we'll have to win some games ahead of schedule to pull either of the pair of Memphis LBs.

In the secondary, it seems like Lawrence is a slow lock, but that's it. I'm sure there are more options than we know about on the forum, and there's plenty of time to scout and and recruit.
Morris is still available but i don’t think Tennessee is as high on his list as it is for Henderson, who’s really good friends with Eric Gray. As for the Whitehaven LBs I think French will end up here, but Eason leaves the conference and goes to OU. French is the bigger and stronger of the 2, and is more SEC ready. Pruitt has actually talked to Eason about playing safety, and I think he wants to be an ILB. Plus our only competition for French is Arkansas, and I don’t consider them a threat for any recruit after what happened with Melvin McBride last year. The only way I see us taking less than 4 WRs is if Velus Jones decides to transfer here (or if we even want him that much)

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
that's the other thing in play here. i think a lot of these kids do want to see year 2, or at least some of it....

which is why i think, barring a committment to us obviously, the longer some of these recruitments go, the better it is for us....

winning more, going to a bowl game, this season is going to be important....

Reactions: SweetasSoda
9 games and Pruitt wins COY and Top 5 class. This will be a Top 10 class as long as we win 7.

You may be right Ron. I hope you are anyway. I also think some of it will depend on how we perform overall this year. I think if we only win 7 but show improvement in most facets of the game then a top 10 class is extremely likely.

10th Nationally would only be good enough for about 12th in the SEC
giphy.gif

Catbone: “none of them”

Gucci: “they gone”

Ron: “All of them”

Big newt: “who cares it’s not December, Nancy!”

Me: “somebody just commit already dang it!”
Yeah, I'm all for patience, but I really thought we'd post 2-4 commits coming out of O/W game. Kinda a head scratcher. #9 now in SEC...need to get moving.

VN Store

Back