Recruiting celebration experience in Nashville....

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
First off, I must say it was amazing. Coach Kiffin and the other 4 coaches who attended were absolutely down to earth. Coach O is an awesome person. Got to talk with him in some detail about the rest of our targets for this class and he told me that they feel good about their chances with each. Monte Kiffin has by far the best personality I have ever seen in a coach. The man was with it and energetic. Coach Thompson is also VERY energetic and wants to "Kick Bama's Ass". Looks like no love lost there. I didn't get to talk with Coach Wilson at all as he left before I got a chance to meet him, as did Monte and Lane. Overall, it was an amazing experience and I have the UPMOST respect for our coaching staff. They are awesome people and genuinely want to get UT back to the Top. Really wanted to meet Coach Gran but he wasn't there. I will post pictures when I get them developed. BTW, Coach Kiffin PRAISED the UT faithful in wanting to talk and be around the coaches and the prospects and let us all know that we are a BIG part of the reason we got who we did. Everything was very positive and the future looks very bright. Lane is also a great speaker and extremely intelligent.

I also got to sit next to Ben and Will Bartholomew's parents. Both are awesome people. They told me that when Kiffin met with the players and told them that no one had a position and had to earn it, that Ben said he really liked that.

Last edited:
Wish I had attended the one in Knoxville today. These guys are a breath of fresh air.

Wish I had attended the one in Knoxville today. These guys are a breath of fresh air.

They had me motivated. I can't tell you the last time Fulmer and Co. had me motivated to do anything. They are definitely a breath of fresh air.

Although film ones produce better pictures, you need a digital camera Eric. How dare you rob us of instant gradification.

Thanks Eric. Coach O never says no in recruiting. We will go after Bryce Brown with everything we got.

Created a topic about this but in case u didn't see it... u can watch the full video from the knoxville banquet at utsports.com. There is no link as it opens in their own video window. It's on the main page right side under the "all access" vid window.

I could tell. Pretty soon, if we don't get a recruit, you'll know who to blame first. j/k :good!:

It sounds like you had a great experience. Did you tell them you're a VN guy?

I told everyone that I talked to that I was a VN and a VQ guy that had the same name on both boards. One guy said, "Man, your a good poster.". I was like, I have hit the big time. :lol:

g8terh8ter_eric is somebody now! Stay away from the oil cans.

Kidding aside, that's good news and thanks for the report. I'll hang up and wait for the pics.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of who has us on their list for 2010? I counted at least 40
If so can you post a thread?
Thanks

VN Store

Back