Reasons for Optimism in 2020

Big Orange optimism...that's what I do anyway...it's a habit I can't seem to break...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MISS ST!

Brandon Johnson taking a red shirt this year, so that will help the WR depth. WR and LB need to be main areas we're looking at for JUCO's/Transfers. A RB would be nice as well.

Oh yes always next year it like the grass is greener on the other side of the fence until you cross over and its not each year i hear we are a young team and WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, all you got to do is look at recruiting we are average and average recruiting will get your azz kicked in the SEC, IF you like average then we are in good shape.

Pruitt is selling playing time to some of these kids we’re recruiting and they’re buying in. Omari Thomas on dline and Spraggins on Oline look like they could immediately push for playing time.

I think outside of Jennings most bright spots have been younger players as well.

Pruitt is selling playing time to some of these kids we’re recruiting and they’re buying in. Omari Thomas on dline and Spraggins on Oline look like they could immediately push for playing time.

I think outside of Jennings most bright spots have been younger players as well.

Young players come with their own set of problems, from S&C to discipline to football IQ. You can shore up some spots, but you can't build a long-term winning roster solely on the kids you can get by offering early playing time.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Young players come with their own set of problems, from S&C to discipline to football IQ. You can shore up some spots, but you can't build a long-term winning roster solely on the kids you can get by offering early playing time.
What do you think is important to players with recruiting? What do you think is important with transfers? Relationships matter most, playing time is second.

What do you think is important to players with recruiting? What do you think is important with transfers? Relationships matter most, playing time is second.

Top recruits that are willing to wait until their sophomore or junior year to play, don't come to programs that aren't consistently developing talent. If the player has NFL dreams, UT has nothing at the moment to court them with other than early playing time. We aren't sending players to the NFL, we aren't winning games, and this staff doesn't have a track record of developing talent.

I'd go with winning championships and a lot of games. Coaches are a revolving door at bama yet they still get the cream of the crop. Clemson had been recruiting pretty good but win 2 championships and now they're at the top in recruiting. Georgia is finally recruiting where they should be. Only Florida is below par. Relationships matter but so do a lot of other things.

Top recruits that are willing to wait until their sophomore or junior year to play, don't come to programs that aren't consistently developing talent. If the player has NFL dreams, UT has nothing at the moment to court them with other than early playing time. We aren't sending players to the NFL, we aren't winning games, and this staff doesn't have a track record of developing talent.
That’s nonsense. The staff has a record of developing talent. You honestly believe a position coach isn’t important for player development? You honestly believe these guys haven’t been successful at other stops in this area?

That’s nonsense. The staff has a record of developing talent. You honestly believe a position coach isn’t important for player development? You honestly believe these guys haven’t been successful at other stops in this area?

This staff didn't send anyone to the draft last year. What they did under various coordinators and head coaches at other schools, is irrelevant to what they are doing at UT; they can't trade on past success when they are exhibiting failure in the present.

I'd go with winning championships and a lot of games. Coaches are a revolving door at bama yet they still get the cream of the crop. Clemson had been recruiting pretty good but win 2 championships and now they're at the top in recruiting. Georgia is finally recruiting where they should be. Only Florida is below par. Relationships matter but so do a lot of other things.
Winning matters but it’s trumped by getting players to the next level. If winning was the only thing that matter every five star would be at Clemson or Bama. Recently Tennessee hasn’t done well on either front but players believe in him. We signed Henry T over Bama last year, Wright over Georgia, and Morris over Auburn and Georgia.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
This staff didn't send anyone to the draft last year. What they did under various coordinators and head coaches at other schools, is irrelevant to what they are doing at UT; they can't trade on past success when they are exhibiting failure in the present.
You can trade on past success. That’s nonsensical as well. Players that went last year were not recruited by Pruitt. You can’t make chicken salad with chicken crap. I think most people can see Wright, Morris, Henry T will be players that are drafted barring injuries along the way.

Please elaborate on how Maurer playing would have stopped GSU's offense from scoring on our defense.
A sustained offense would’ve kept the defense off the field and fresh. Idk that Maurer was ready but the best defense is a good offense.

You can trade on past success. That’s nonsensical as well. Players that went last year were not recruited by Pruitt. You can’t make chicken salad with chicken crap. I think most people can see Wright, Morris, Henry T will be players that are drafted barring injuries along the way.

Cool. In two years when this staff puts them in the NFL, they can tout that on the recruiting trail. Till then, they have to sell the kids on what's happening right now, which is why their biggest selling point is still 'early playing time' since our on-the-field performance isn't exactly screaming successful player development.

A sustained offense would’ve kept the defense off the field and fresh. Idk that Maurer was ready but the best defense is a good offense.

Yeah, our defense wasn't failing because they were tired, time of possession was a 34-second difference from being 30 minutes each.

This staff as a whole only has a track record of losing. It's weird how coaches can do great at one place then once implemented in another staff are not capable anymore. Not sure how that happens.

This staff as a whole only has a track record of losing. It's weird how coaches can do great at one place then once implemented in another staff are not capable anymore. Not sure how that happens.

I think it highlights how much staff performance is predicated on having a competent head coach.

Reactions: Titan05

VN Store

Back