Rear Ended - How bad?

Hayezb

Vols to the Wall
Making my morning commute on 640 this morning when an F250 hauling a 36ft toy hauler rear ended me while I was at a complete stop. It pushed me into a Kia.

The first pic what I'm most concerned about.. the frame is bent. Bed is not square now and it pulls hard to the right.

IMG_20200306_110007.jpgIMG_20200306_105952.jpgIMG_20200306_105909.jpg

Bent frame? I’d say totaled more than likely

Glad you’re good to go at least

Reactions: feathersax
I highly doubt its totaled. You would be surprised at what they can do to get the frame straight these days.
Especially a Toyota. My wife was in a wreck in her van a few years ago, bent the frame. I learned they come in pieces now, at least the sienna. They did tell us the damage was $800 from being totaled.

It’s the insurance company. I’ve got a little more experience than you.
You're so cool. Can I have an autograph?

The total loss threshold is set at the state level so it will vary depending on where you call home. For example, a car with damage totaling 75 percent of its value is totaled in New York but considered repairable in Texas, where the threshold is 100 percent.

BTW, Tennessee is 75%

KBB has my car at $22k and my repairs will probably be near $16k. I've read $8-12k alone for the frame work. Pictures don't show everything like scratches / dents on main cabin where the bed hit it plus the bed is warped as well.

KBB has my car at $22k and my repairs will probably be near $16k. I've read $8-12k alone for the frame work. Pictures don't show everything like scratches / dents on main cabin where the bed hit it plus the bed is warped as well.
If it wasn't your fault, you can usually apply some pressure. There is almost always an anticipated supplemental (repair costs missed in original estimate).

Notice after you owned @Roustabout he skipped over it and replied to the next lol.
found a new avatar for him
mocking-spongebob-1556133078.jpg

Reactions: VolMax
It's impossible to give you an estimate based on your pics and description. Definitely sounds like the frame is damaged, though. In my area, putting on the frame machine is about $100 per hour in labor. The dollars will add up quickly on your Taco. Do you want to keep it or are you wanting it to be totaled and move on to a new vehicle?

Yes, yes my tags are expired.

They are estimating I'm around $6,900 in damages but that does not include a frame. They think I'll have to get a new one but won't be able to get it apart until tomorrow morning to let me know for sure. The total loss threshold is 75% in Tennessee so after a new frame and labor I'll def be close.

I honestly didn't want them to total it.. but then they let me know that if his insurance won't total it and wants to replace the frame I'm out my truck for 5 months.

They are estimating I'm around $6,900 in damages but that does not include a frame. They think I'll have to get a new one but won't be able to get it apart until tomorrow morning to let me know for sure. The total loss threshold is 75% in Tennessee so after a new frame and labor I'll def be close.

I honestly didn't want them to total it.. but then they let me know that if his insurance won't total it and wants to replace the frame I'm out my truck for 5 months.
Has anyone from either insurance company seen the truck yet? Kick a few dents in the side of the bed near the tailgate on both sides, smash the tail lights and bust out one of the headlights and that’ll probably get you there.

If his insurance doesent want to total it then the driver they insured should have paid attention. It’s your choice not theirs. Don’t let them push you around.

@Hayezb if they don’t total it make sure before you settle up (agree to contract terms) that you have them include diminished value. Google it but basically if truck is valued in good condition at 10k before accident then after the accident and a title check showing major frame damage the truck is only worth 8k to a future buyer no matter how good it was fixed. You need to do your research so you don’t get screwed by the adjuster either.

Just re read this and if thats the body shop/ frame availability you ought to have a rental for that time and they in turn lean on the shop to get it done

VN Store

Back