Reality:

Mountain Dave

The reality of the current situation is- A. Coach is here unless a major scandal. B-. The quarterback, barring injury, will start. Under this scenario, if the young men keep playing hard and improving then a solid foundation will be set. Then the team can grow because of this basic foundation. If not, then coaching changes every 2 years. Only to never reach those heights again .

I agree with this, we need stability and a couple years of solid recruiting, we have top level coaches who are excellent recruiters, give them time. If Pruitt fields a team of Juniors and Seniors that he has recruited and that work in his system but he doesnt win with them then you can say he's a bust. At least the cupboard will be full for the next coach cause these guys can recruit and they get hard nosed real football players, he needs two more years imo....but they should show improvement during this timeframe as well, it wont be a overnight turnaround

giphy.gif

We need the stability of a good foundation.

So if you believe what you’ve seen is a good foundation then cool. Keep him long term and go ahead and give him an extension to keep Bama from taking him one day.

However, if you don’t think that then time out the replacement process appropriately. This season would likely be scrapped and we’d need the most experienced and winningest HC actually available. But assuming that we’re not spending over 4.5m on a HC it’ll likely be a lower level HC or power 5 coordinator. That changes only if we’re ready to spend big time money.

The equally plausible reality is that we made a bad hire and every year he stays otj puts us one year further away from the chance of hiring the person who actually will rebuild this program.

Or he sees the roster for what it is. Coaches who recruited Stars instead of talent. There’s a reason the young guys get it and the old guys still don’t. Let’s face it with the except of a handful most of these guys were over rated. They can’t play to the level needed in the SEC and we have no other options.

Take our lumps now and see where we are next year and the year after.

Or he sees the roster for what it is. Coaches who recruited Stars instead of talent. There’s a reason the young guys get it and the old guys still don’t. Let’s face it with the except of a handful most of these guys were over rated. They can’t play to the level needed in the SEC and we have no other options.

Take our lumps now and see where we are next year and the year after.

I agree with this. I have no idea what's really happening, but I suspect that, rightly or wrongly, Pruitt has given up on most of the upper-classmen. He's going to live or die (mostly) with the players he recruited.

The reality of the current situation is- A. Coach is here unless a major scandal. B-. The quarterback, barring injury, will start. Under this scenario, if the young men keep playing hard and improving then a solid foundation will be set. Then the team can grow because of this basic foundation. If not, then coaching changes every 2 years. Only to never reach those heights again .
bringing TRUTH to Volnation could make it explode
GBO IAM WITH YOU

How many seasons now have we had young players? Asking for a friend?

Blah blah blah, how many times have we heard "let's hurry up and fire this coach and hire someone that can actually rebuild this program and stop this OTJT bs"?

I don't have the answer BTW, I just think its silly to think firing Pruitt is the " slam dunk" answer. That crowd that pushes it so hard are the same ones that makes fun of those that want to give him a little more time. They say "we've heard that before and look where it gets us". For heavens sake. Lol.

We've also fired coaches thinking we were going to get " Someone who could actually rebuild this program and stop the OTJT" ...and look where it gets us."

Its a roll of the dice either way and we've been down both roads before and neither has worked out for us. So I'm not sure where all the arrogant confidence comes from.

Blah blah blah, how many times have we heard "let's hurry up and fire this coach and hire someone that can actually rebuild this program and stop this OTJT bs"?

I don't have the answer BTW, I just think its silly to think firing Pruitt is the " slam dunk" answer. That crowd that pushes it so hard are the same ones that makes fun of those that want to give him a little more time. They say "we've heard that before and look where it gets us". For heavens sake. Lol.

We've also fired coaches thinking we were going to get " Someone who could actually rebuild this program and stop the OTJT" ...and look where it gets us."

Its a roll of the dice either way and we've been down both roads before and neither has worked out for us. So I'm not sure where all the arrogant confidence comes from.
I don't think I have said one way or another definitively on Pruitt. I have no idea if he will make it here. It sure looks rough now, but I don't think he will be fired this year.
Honestly, I wasn't on board when he was announced but he won me over at his into press conference... unfortunately it has all been blowing smoke so far...based on his actions and results. I don't know the answer either. Maybe our best days are behind us.

It’s not the answer anymore and the faster we accept it and move on the better we’ll be. We won’t return to the 90s anytime soon and x,y, or z aren’t coming through that door either. We’ll be fine with Pruitt for a few seasons then we should absolutely know what his ceiling is or isn’t

@Behr you gonna make Volnation explode with all that truth...
I am with you on it..
we need to cool the pitchforks for now and see what happens...
GBO

Reactions: Lurker
Awesome! We can shoot for 5th best in the sec east. Every once in a while we can shoot for 4th. If that's the kind of stability everyone wants, we should've kept the last 2 coaches.

Reactions: sona
@Behr you gonna make Volnation explode with all that truth...
I am with you on it..
we need to cool the pitchforks for now and see what happens...
GBO

I was just being honest. I don't know what the answer is. My whole point is Firing Pruitt and letting our administration hire another coach, is just as big of a gamble is giving him 3 years.

Im just astonished this has to be said.

VN Store

Back