Reality of our Players

we would have said the same of Botch 3 years ago. But, he grabbed Supreme Leader Saban's coattails and landed Ark State job.

Butch actually was making progress until his inferiority complex took over and he realized vs OU in 2015 that he was in way over his head. Butch is a Group of 5 coach, mid major guy. He's not a head coach at a program like Tennessee.

Pruitt isnt a good high school head coach. Hes a good DC at a powerhouse program with dozens of 4 and 5* guys on the roster and a brilliant defensive mind as head coach to correct his mistakes. Remember, Butch scored at will vs Ga while Pruitt was DC at Ga in 2015.....scored 38 with a turnover on the 1 yd line.

Reactions: dduncan4163
We might have beaten KY and that’s about it. Our defense has been terrible all year.
Auburn and Arkansas both were games where ONE offensive drive in the 4th quarter would've won it...hell our defense gave us like 5 chances in the 4th quarter to beat Arky and JG couldnt get anything

The reason we are getting beaten down is Bc we don’t hv a lot of talent. The only way to overcome that is to recruit better and coach to the max.

Last year we had better coaching, more overall
Effort, and were able to barely squeak out those wins over bad teams.

This year our coaches weren’t as good (I.e. Rocker gone), QB play was abysmal (JG), and our defense got considerable worse after losing a few key seniors (bituli, Warrior, etc.).

So yea we need some better position coaches in some areas for sure... no doubt....

But how many NFL drafted players hv we had in the past 2-3 years? How many seniors will get drafted?

I think most of these sr players should come back if trying to improve to get a shot at the NFL bc they’re not ready.

Most of our best players either cannot make an NFL roster or can just barely make a practice squad. And Butch didn’t hv nearly the talent In 2015 or 2016 that I keep hearing about. Yea he had several studs but had overall terrible lines on both sides of the ball, and nothing for depth... so basically just a house of cards....

Pruitt is building the right culture and building depth.. but he needs assistants that can both coach and recruit, not just one or the other, Bc we are still severely lacking in talent.....

Pruitt needs 2-3 more top 10 classes to get us back to winning... anyone can coach top talent... anybody....

The hard part is recruiting the talent when you’ve been losing for a long time...I think the assistants and coordinators are actually much more important than the head coach....

If the offense is bad fire 🔥 the O coaches... if defense is bad fire 🔥 the D coaches! But if we get enough good players recruited then we are going to start winning again.... and I think that’s what the “mom’s basement insiders” are missing here completely lol....

We don't have bama or Georgia talent; especially at QB and Edge. But I think the biggest issue is player development and coaching them to make correct decisions and execute properly.

Other issues, outside of Henry T, team lacks leadership. Need some Al Wilson prototypes to surface. I also think COVID hit us harder than others, especially in the fall camp.

But Coaches, especially OL, QB, DL and LB have held us back.

Bingo!!! Ding ding ding! Finally we hv a winner!
Our team sucks! Our best oline man has a sever blood clotting disorder! And Coronavirus often affects your blood so he prob didn’t practice too much! And last year didn’t barely practice at all...

Our team Is a wreck,, the only top talent we hv are really young... in 2 years we are going to hv a really good team if we keep recruiting like this imo...
Recruiting like this ? Blue font ?

OP it figures you would get flamed for this. It’s the VN way. Coaches accept ALL the blame. Can’t criticize players. Well except for JG. See here at TN everything wrong with this team is JG and Pruitts fault.

Think about it. It’s Pruitts fault that guys can’t tackle effectively. It’s Pruitts fault that they cannot defend a slant or the middle of the field. It’s Pruitts fault that most of the WRs cannot get separation.

The fact is the players on this team aren’t very good. They don’t have that killer will to improve themselves and take the next step. Yes our coaching definitely sucks. But the players aren’t doing their jobs either.

Reactions: lefthander
Too many only see recruiting rankings which are practically worthless, they are all about who is recruiting a player. We have had two and a half cycles of recruiting the right kind of players, for the first time in a decade. Next year we will have three quarters of an SEC caliber roster.
Rankings are not worthless. Sure there are busts but look at the best teams the last 10 years and then look how they ranked with their recruiting. There is a strong correlation of course.

Nah he def has RB room is full I just don’t know if he can put aside his stubbornness and let an OC use them , also he has had no fight this year , last year he was energetic now it’s just silence idk what’s happened to him
RB room full? Why have we not seen them this year? What has anyone done to support the thought that our running backs look anything like Harris Robinson Sanders---aTm Spillar Auburn Tank

RB room full? Why have we not seen them this year? What has anyone done to support the thought that our running backs look anything like Harris Robinson Sanders---aTm Spillar Auburn Tank
Talking about the upcoming class of RB and beckwith and gray but it’s moot cause he doesn’t know how to utilize them

VN Store

Back