Reality is we have beaten UF 4 times in the last 8 years.

They will most certainly have an upper hand until some other in-state schools <<ahem--Miami, FSU>>> start to compete with them for these blue chip athletes.

Right now, if you want to win, they are the only choice in the state.

Players aren’t required to play instate. Many do not.

Actually, Tennessee DID beat them in 2006. A garbage roughing the passer call wiped out the game-sealing pick 6. Justin Harrell grazed Leak’s helmet with his hand trying to bat down the ball. Never seen that called roughing the passer before or since. Happens 3-4 times a game.
A game sealing pick six the second quarter? That would have put Tennessee up 17-7? And again, Florida got jobbed out of a touchdown right before that. So no Tennessee didn’t actually beat them.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
A game sealing pick six the second quarter? That would have put Tennessee up 17-7? And again, Florida got jobbed out of a touchdown right before that. So no Tennessee didn’t actually beat them.

No. It was a pick 6 by Demetrice Morley that put Tennessee up 27-14 in the 4th quarter. It happened on what would become Florida’s game-winning drive.

There was a block in the back on the James kick return, but it wasn’t on the number they called.

That one and 2000 game stick in my craw the most. Tennessee sealed the 2000 game with a 1st down run by Travis Henry, but it was called back for an illegal formation because the refs ruled Eric Parker off the line. He wasn’t. He said after the game he couldn’t believe the call because he actually asked the ref closest to him, “am I good?” And the ref said yes. Then another ref threw the flag and the first ref didn’t say anything. So instead of being able to run the clock out, Tennessee had to punt and Florida went on the drive that led to that Gaffney drop.

We should win every game we play just because I want us to........

Reactions: Titan05
No. It was a pick 6 by Demetrice Morley that put Tennessee up 27-14 in the 4th quarter. It happened on what would become Florida’s game-winning drive.
I’m sorry but I don’t think that this ever happened. The only pick six in the game was from Marvin Mitchell who intercepted Leak with a little over four minutes left in the second quarter. It was brought back when they called JT Mapu for roughing the passer. That would have put Tennessee up 17-7. Florida’s game winning touchdown drive was with a little over 6 minutes left in the game. There was no pick six that was brought back on that drive.

I’m sorry but I don’t think that this ever happened. The only pick six in the game was from Marvin Mitchell who intercepted Leak with a little over four minutes left in the second quarter. It was brought back when they called JT Mapu for roughing the passer. That would have put Tennessee up 17-7. Florida’s game winning touchdown drive was with a little over 6 minutes left in the game. There was no pick six that was brought back on that drive.

Not sure what I’m confusing it with then. Did Morley have another pick 6 called back that cost us? Maybe the LSU game that year? That was another screw job.

2014 and 2015 shoulda been Ws for sure. But they weren't. Is what it is

Not sure what I’m confusing it with then. Did Morley have another pick 6 called back that cost us? Maybe the LSU game that year? That was another screw job.

I remember a bad call in the LSU game but I don't think there was a pick 6. It certainly didn't happen in the UF game like you're remembering.

98, there's not even a question.

Everyone remembers the game.....but, no one remembers the game...lol. I don't think Tennessee had 10 first downs in that game.

2004 was an even game. Could have gone either way. The kick at the end probably only happened because the extra point was missed. Fulmer may have taken a knee and gone into overtime if they didn't have to score on the final drive.

2001. Tennesse deserved to win.

And I will acknowledge that Florida had no business winning in 2000 and that has nothing to do with Gaffney.

Some of these other years, it's an argument of who sucked more. Should Tennessee have won in 2014? Well, Tennessee certainly didn't do anything to win it. And Florida tried like hell to give it away. So, games like that, I can't say one team or the other "should have won"
Yeah I was just playing devils advocate. UF has won enough to not really care about 3 games over the last 25-30 years. The would of/should of stuff is loser talk. Got to own up the end results and take the L’s UF has given us over the years. UF and Bama are the only teams I really consider to hold bragging rights over UT and that’s only bc of the last 15 years. Once you start rolling off 8-10 wins in a row it’s no question who’s dominating and the rivalry just starts to fade away. I hate it because this is a game I traditionally love from my youth in the 90’s/early 2000s. Win or lose it was a September game that raised the intensity levels for both teams and had national prestige.

Must we do this every year? lol
31ah-groundhogday-movies-superJumbo.jpg

Just put your little hand in mine, there ain’t no hill or mountain we can’t climb…

Reactions: zeppelin128
I remember a bad call in the LSU game but I don't think there was a pick 6. It certainly didn't happen in the UF game like you're remembering.
I think the bad call was that Russell fumbled on the game winning drive but was called down.

Butch should have beaten UF 4 times. Blew all of those games. Makes me sick.
There were times when we were not outplayed by UF, but just outcoached. I don't know why we fear UF so much. We have been competitive in the past and gave them some games. It's like a golfer who hates to hit over water, for fear of the ball into the drink. We almost wish UF to win. We cannot give up on beating UF. No matter who they have, we all play the same game. They are beatable of course.

I submit this thread's opening as evidence supporting the Violin String Theory of the universe.

Either that, or the OP is a god, able to occupy several alternative universes at once.

VN Store

Back